• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    I can understand being a little nervous about ship someone else's gun that you don't know but they are the one who is trusting you with it and should be aware of all risks involved. And to go along the lines of the CZ I was in Highsmith Guns in Greenfield a few days ago and there was one with a decocker can't remember the exact model. It seemed nice but I don't really know much about them.

Do you happen to recall what their rental charge is? I looked at their website, but it only mentions range fees.

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    Welcome to INGO!

Big difference (obviously!) between the classic Sigs and the newer striker-fired designs... Which method and theory of operation do you prefer? Some are not comfortable carrying with one on the pipe in a DAO striker-fired pistol (totally unfounded IMO). Which do you shoot better? What about capacity? Many things to consider.

Those who know me on here know I'm a big fan of the Sig P320. I OC a 9mm full size every day in a Safariland ALS 6378. If and when it clears the holster it's ready to go and the trigger pull is the same every time. Plus it's easy to clean and fully modular (the fire control group can be used with multiple calibers and frame sizes).

Here is a thread I started on the P320 awhile back:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-review-range-report-warning-lots-images.html

So I didnt want to bump an old thread, but the more I look at the P320, the more it seems like a really really really nice gun.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I have been going to Indy trading post myself only because I got a 10 visit pass for only $40. But I think I will say to Beech Groove Firearms when they open back up. I thought Highsmith seemed a bit high on their range price when compared to bgf

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    I have been going to Indy trading post myself only because I got a 10 visit pass for only $40. But I think I will say to Beech Groove Firearms when they open back up. I thought Highsmith seemed a bit high on their range price when compared to bgf

Does ITP Rent ? I'd like to visit the range often, and $18 an hour seems too much. A friend took me to the Elwood Conservation Club, and that was definitely nice, so may have to think about doing that.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This thread makes me proud I'm on INGO. Noobie shows up asking questions and there are great responses and information. :+1:

Welcome HammerTime.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Does ITP Rent ? I'd like to visit the range often, and $18 an hour seems too much. A friend took me to the Elwood Conservation Club, and that was definitely nice, so may have to think about doing that.

ITP is Indy Trading Post, which I mentioned up thread: Indy Trading Post has a pretty good selection of rental guns. I think Parabellum has started having rental guns as well, but not sure how big the selection is.

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    ITP is Indy Trading Post, which I mentioned up thread: Indy Trading Post has a pretty good selection of rental guns. I think Parabellum has started having rental guns as well, but not sure how big the selection is.

Well damn. You sure did, and I feel like the moment I posted that I knew you had too. Thats what I get for being lazy and not double checking. My bad!

DFM914

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Might I suggest a P229? It would be slightly smaller than a P226 hence a little lighter, still a high capacity handgun and of course it is Sig quality!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So I didnt want to bump an old thread, but the more I look at the P320, the more it seems like a really really really nice gun.

Yes, that was my thread and my P320 is humming along and at my side as I make this post. And you are welcome to give it a try, just PM me. I shot at MCF&G and Parabellum mostly. Ali it will cost you is the ammo and $10 guest fee at MCF&G.

And don't forget the holster! The right holster is every bit as important as the right firearm. I carry my Sig safely and confidently (and ready!) in a Safariland ALS holster. It isn't going anywhere and it isn't going off unless I want it to.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'll definitely look into it! Outside of the weight, is there any big difference?

Now I think you're just ignoring me on purpose...

The P229 is a bit smaller and lighter, while still performing nearly identically to the P226 and with factory flush mags has the same capacity. It's 1/10th of an inch wider, but shorter in the other dimensions. With something like a Bill Drill, I'm a few tenths of a second slower with it than the P226, with identical first shot times. The difference is solely in recoil control, and honestly I think if I swapped to some grippier grips on the P229 it may come out ahead.

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    Now I think you're just ignoring me on purpose...

Im sorry. I'm working 12 hour shifts overnight, with more 1-2 hour shifts in between. I'm definitely, not purposefully ignoring your comments. My sincerest apologies.

Edit* I'll pay more attention before replying going forward.

Yes, that was my thread and my P320 is humming along and at my side as I make this post. And you are welcome to give it a try, just PM me. I shot at MCF&G and Parabellum mostly. Ali it will cost you is the ammo and $10 guest fee at MCF&G.

And don't forget the holster! The right holster is every bit as important as the right firearm. I carry my Sig safely and confidently (and ready!) in a Safariland ALS holster. It isn't going anywhere and it isn't going off unless I want it to.

I'll definitely take you up on that, once I hit 50 Posts ;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Im sorry. I'm working 12 hour shifts overnight, with more 1-2 hour shifts in between. I'm definitely, not purposefully ignoring your comments. My sincerest apologies.

Edit* I'll pay more attention before replying going forward.
    ;)

Somebody say something? No, ok, then.

:D

Hammertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mccordsville
    You only need 50 to post in the classifieds. You can go shooting with any of us now :)

I was more mentioning that I cant send PMs till 50 Posts!

Btw, can I just take a second to stop and say thank you to everyone thats replied?

I've been here all of 24 hours and I've got a TON of responses from people and a whole hell of a lot more information just skimming threads then I have in a good while.

Its really awesome and I'm glad I was introduced to this community!

You all rock!

Top Bottom