• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

My wife and I went on another dayhike while in Nashville (IN) for our 8th anniversary. We spent a few hours at Brown County State Park and hiked about 4 miles.

This was the first time actually using the Fox pack and I wanted to update this thread with my first impressions.

160y5af.jpg

In terms of size I found it just about perfect. It was large enough to hold the few supplies I wanted, but not SO large that I was tempted to load it down with unnecessary weight. In it I carried:

• Lightweight rain jacket
    • Boo Boo Kit
    • S&W M&P9 + extra mag
    • Bottled water (2)
    • Trail mix
    • Camera
    • Streamlight PT2L
    • CRKT Tao Pen
    • Spyderco waved Endura
    I REALLY liked the sternum strap. It secured the lightweight load very well and helped balance out the load across my shoulders. I never felt the need to try out the waist strap.

The breathable mesh padded backing did keep heat off my back better than my old regular backpack, but I still soaked my shirt in sweat. It was never uncomfortable though.

My only real gripe at this point is that one of the compression straps that runs down the middle front of the pack-- it is always in the way when trying to unzip a pouch. Its a minor inconvenience that I'm willing to live with at this point.

All-in-all I still think this is a great pack for the money.

4p9hu.jpg

2ibhkyg.jpg

Maybe I'll get a water bladder for the next hike and give that a try.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It looks like the compression strap is removable - just take it off and throw it in the bottom of the bag in case you need it (say it gets hot enough that you want to ditch that fleece).

I'm hoping to make it down to Brown County or up to Turkey Run this weekend - hopefully I have the kind of weather you did!

Top Bottom