• ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The one and only.

You know, we could make up our own story of unsaid events.

I have new found respect for him now. Puts his money where his mouth is more than once. I will buy you dinner next time I M in your area TF at a restaurant of your choosing as long as its 4 star. Will be in evansville at least once before year's end

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My guess is that it makes sense sometimes to restrain from discussion on the world wide web and confine yourself to just reading.
    Just trying to be supportive, no need to be caustic. As for restraining myself to reading, I'll try to follow your fine example in the future.

Which reminds me. You folks ever wonder if there is a link between bed wetting and open carry?
    No. But I often wonder if there is a a connection between OCD and folks who can twist any discussion into a pissing match over OC/CC.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My guess is that it makes sense sometimes to restrain from discussion on the world wide web and confine yourself to just reading.

Which reminds me. You folks ever wonder if there is a link between bed wetting and open carry?

Yet another reason we need Neg Rep back :rolleyes:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Only when I find rust on my beretta.

Glock owners would never even know. I mean their sense of taste is gone so its safe to assume that their sense of smell is also.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ???? I am soooooo confused. what the heck is going on in this thread? I have read pages of responses to things that don't seem to be posted. Just when I am almost won over to the oc bandwagon they appear to have all lost their minds...... (or nerve? I just don't know!)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Frosty was abducted by aliens last night sometime after 12:00 midnight and they deleted all his posts on this thread. They're probably getting sick of him about now and he should be regurgitated shortly.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Well until there is some kind of retraining things like this will keep happening.

I have a friend who was attacked downtown. After the initial attack (someone actually grabbed her and attempted to drag her off). She called police and it took 18 minutes for them to get there (the police station is literally a mile away, maybe two miles). The guy actually stood halfway down the block and waited till the cops showed up staring at her (she was keeping a truck between them). When the cops showed up she pointed at him, they drove after him, but were unable to catch him.

Recently she had to call the cops again (incident connected to the original). When she asked the responding officer if she should get a gun for home defense she was "allegedly" told that she shouldn't because she is small and a bad guy would take the gun and use it against her.

I told her to get a gun and get some training (along with a lot of other advice).
    Boy that's scary. She should know that cops have been disarmed then killed with their own weapon.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    First, it was St. Mary's Hospital, IIRC. Then, it was Mesker Park Zoo. Now, it's just some random street, presumably, that he was riding down while OCing a rifle? Should we just rename it Frostville now?
    He's probably mulling over the FOP's invitation to their Summer Family Fun Fest that he likely got since he's met so many EPD officers.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just trying to be supportive, no need to be caustic. As for restraining myself to reading, I'll try to follow your fine example in the future.

No. But I often wonder if there is a a connection between OCD and folks who can twist any discussion into a pissing match over OC/CC.

Nothing of a serious nature was intended in my post.
    TF can't talk right now so it seemed in the realm of good natured humor to take a few shots in that direction (although the reference to caustic and the couple or three testy replies is really starting to make me wonder about the bed wetting thing).

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    He's probably mulling over the FOP's invitation to their Summer Family Fun Fest that he likely got since he's met so many EPD officers.

I heard that they actually moved the event to his place to avoid the hassle of him OCing in public. Bet he still gets to see what type of bolt everyone wears.

Nothing of a serious nature was intended in my post.
    TF can't talk right now so it seemed in the realm of good natured humor to take a few shots in that direction (although the reference to caustic and the couple or three testy replies is really starting to make me wonder about the bed wetting thing).

I'll have you know I OC daily and I haven't wet the bed in 20 minutes now.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Boy that's scary. She should know that cops have been disarmed then killed with their own weapon.

Yeah I told her that size really doesn't have anything to do with it. Big guys have their guns taken away from them as well. It's about her training and mind set. I told her the guy was an idiot and not to listen to him.

On a side note what a terribly condescending and sexist thing to say.

Oh he did compliment her on having an alarm installed - you know the one that when it goes off it calls ADT who then tries to call everyone on the list after which they call the police department who then dispatches an officer who normally doesn't take calls like this seriously. All contributing to a lightning fast response time.

- not meaning to thread jack but since TF is in stealth mode on this one figured it couldn't help to point out that it isn't just firearm law knowledge that is lacking in some of these individuals.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yeah I told her that size really doesn't have anything to do with it. Big guys have their guns taken away from them as well. It's about her training and mind set. I told her the guy was an idiot and not to listen to him.

On a side note what a terribly condescending and sexist thing to say.

Oh he did compliment her on having an alarm installed - you know the one that when it goes off it calls ADT who then tries to call everyone on the list after which they call the police department who then dispatches an officer who normally doesn't take calls like this seriously. All contributing to a lightning fast response time.

- not meaning to thread jack but since TF is in stealth mode on this one figured it couldn't help to point out that it isn't just firearm law knowledge that is lacking in some of these individuals.
    I used to love getting those late night calls from ADT when someone would leave a door slightly ajar at the shop and the wind would rattle it enough to make the alarm go, usually at 2:30AM. The near Eastern voice would stumble all over my last name. Sometimes I could almost understand what they were saying.

Top Bottom