• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Wouldn't it be hard for the bad guy to take her gun if all the bullets were gone.......
    into the bad guy?

One would think.

Long story short... it now appears someone was hired to attack her by a disgruntled former employee. They have had a break in at another supervisors house and it looks like someone went to town with a bat. Then an attempted break in at one of their business locations. The attack happened first downtown Evansville about 7am last week.

Then over the course of the last week the other incidents combined with text messages saying someone was hired to hurt her as well as comments about the burglary and attempted burglary.from one of those anonymous sending services.

She had the PD come out to take a report on the additional info and asked if he thought she should get a gun in case the guy came beating down her door (he obviously knows where she lives) if she should get a gun for home defense.

I had just about gotten her convinced to go gun shopping with me and my wife and to set up some training times when this knucklehead tells her that she is too small and the guy would just take her weapon away and use it on her. Of course since he is the guy currently wearing the uniform and badge she actually was convinced by this idiot. I'm trying to undo the damage this moron did and get her armed before, god forbid, something actually happens to her.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I used to love getting those late night calls from ADT when someone would leave a door slightly ajar at the shop and the wind would rattle it enough to make the alarm go, usually at 2:30AM. The near Eastern voice would stumble all over my last name. Sometimes I could almost understand what they were saying.

Yeah I don't know why so many people put so much faith in these systems. Great for an "after the fact" kind of thing or a "when I'm not home" situation but pretty much useless for "it's going down right now".

Problem being this "professional" tells her it's a great idea, much better than getting that gun that will be used against her when the guy breaks down the door runs up and snatches it out of her tiny female hands.

Hopefully if she ever gets attacked at her home again it doesn't take them 20 minutes to get there.

In the meantime they are rolling 3 or 4 deep on TF and his bicycle. :rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    First, she is going to have to make the mental determination that she CAN defend herself. Or else the cop is right.
    But, if she can use the gun. She can train.
    It might take a while though.
    Take her shooting a few times with the wife.
    Let the wife do more talking, it's a girl thing.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    First, she is going to have to make the mental determination that she CAN defend herself. Or else the cop is right.
    But, if she can use the gun. She can train.
    It might take a while though.
    Take her shooting a few times with the wife.
    Let the wife do more talking, it's a girl thing.

Agreed, though it would be the case regardless of "size" or the fact that she is a "female". Plenty of cases of big bad badasses getting their guns taken away from them.

The problem is that doesn't seem to be his reasoning. Just told her that because she was a small female that it was a bad idea as it was just simple fact that it would be used against her.

Nothing about training or anything of that nature. Just a simple shoot down (no pun intended) based on the fact she was a "small woman" (his words according to her).

She wasn't upset about being told that, she took it as "good advice" (he was a police officer after all) so nixed her idea of getting a gun and decided that since he complimented her on the alarm system that was the best choice. Note that she does have some small experience shooting, she is not totally new to it. She is an "older" lady in her mid-40s and has shot smaller caliber handguns (380/9mm). She is also fit (works out a lot).

In my opinion people in positions, where their "suggestions" could very well effect a persons life, need to know what the heck they are talking about if they must give out advice.

I normally say something like "as long as you get some training and can try to mentally prepare yourself for an encounter then it's a lot better of an idea than just being a victim - hell even if you don't get the training or prepare yourself mentally at least you will have the option to pull a trigger because if you don't do anything you are probably going to be dead anyway (if you are lucky and he doesn't rape you for hours first - or about 15 minutes anyway before the alarm company gets the cops to come out)".

The wife is going to try and talk her into getting a nice shotgun for the home and a pistol to carry as well as getting her some shooting practice in (while she has experience with a pistol she has none with shotguns). If I can undo the damage done by the "great advice" then I will have her go shooting with the wife. Been thinking of getting a membership out at Izaacs in Boonville since WSCC and Redbrush aren't taking any more apps this year.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Agreed, though it would be the case regardless of "size" or the fact that she is a "female". Plenty of cases of big bad badasses getting their guns taken away from them.

The problem is that doesn't seem to be his reasoning. Just told her that because she was a small female that it was a bad idea as it was just simple fact that it would be used against her.

Nothing about training or anything of that nature. Just a simple shoot down (no pun intended) based on the fact she was a "small woman" (his words according to her).

She wasn't upset about being told that, she took it as "good advice" (he was a police officer after all) so nixed her idea of getting a gun and decided that since he complimented her on the alarm system that was the best choice. Note that she does have some small experience shooting, she is not totally new to it. She is an "older" lady in her mid-40s and has shot smaller caliber handguns (380/9mm). She is also fit (works out a lot).

In my opinion people in positions, where their "suggestions" could very well effect a persons life, need to know what the heck they are talking about if they must give out advice.

I normally say something like "as long as you get some training and can try to mentally prepare yourself for an encounter then it's a lot better of an idea than just being a victim - hell even if you don't get the training or prepare yourself mentally at least you will have the option to pull a trigger because if you don't do anything you are probably going to be dead anyway (if you are lucky and he doesn't rape you for hours first - or about 15 minutes anyway before the alarm company gets the cops to come out)".

The wife is going to try and talk her into getting a nice shotgun for the home and a pistol to carry as well as getting her some shooting practice in (while she has experience with a pistol she has none with shotguns). If I can undo the damage done by the "great advice" then I will have her go shooting with the wife. Been thinking of getting a membership out at Izaacs in Boonville since WSCC and Redbrush aren't taking any more apps this year.

I'd rep ya, but it says I have to spread it around.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Nothing of a serious nature was intended in my post.
    TF can't talk right now so it seemed in the realm of good natured humor to take a few shots in that direction (although the reference to caustic and the couple or three testy replies is really starting to make me wonder about the bed wetting thing).

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on your intent, nothing serious on my part either, just responding in like spirit. As far as all this talk about bed-wetting, sounds like just one more advantage of stainless that I never considered before. :n00b:

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    One would think.

Long story short... it now appears someone was hired to attack her by a disgruntled former employee. They have had a break in at another supervisors house and it looks like someone went to town with a bat. Then an attempted break in at one of their business locations. The attack happened first downtown Evansville about 7am last week.

Then over the course of the last week the other incidents combined with text messages saying someone was hired to hurt her as well as comments about the burglary and attempted burglary.from one of those anonymous sending services.

She had the PD come out to take a report on the additional info and asked if he thought she should get a gun in case the guy came beating down her door (he obviously knows where she lives) if she should get a gun for home defense.

I had just about gotten her convinced to go gun shopping with me and my wife and to set up some training times when this knucklehead tells her that she is too small and the guy would just take her weapon away and use it on her. Of course since he is the guy currently wearing the uniform and badge she actually was convinced by this idiot. I'm trying to undo the damage this moron did and get her armed before, god forbid, something actually happens to her.

whats the saying? God made all men, Samuel Colt made all men equal...iirc ;)l

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'm getting a little worried about Frosty. Maybe he convinced the aliens that open carry of their tazer mega blasters is the way to go and they made him their king. Or else the Intergalactic JBT Enforcers have him locked up somewhere. Hmm. Which is more likely?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I'm getting a little worried about Frosty. Maybe he convinced the aliens that open carry of their tazer mega blasters is the way to go and they made him their king. Or else the Intergalactic JBT Enforcers have him locked up somewhere. Hmm. Which is more likely?
    I'm thinking the later. Does anyone know if Guy is licensed to practice in Intergalactic Court?

Top Bottom