• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    bwframe- I made no excuses to see the movie. It was very compelling and seems to have brought to fore, again, of the sacrifices our service members make.

Hoosier8- More than one of the SEALs I came into contact with over the 3 years I spent in Iraq carried 92's. As well as Glock 19's. Just sayin'

Bob

Wouldn't know myself so I will bow to your experience.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What appears to be a Beretta 92FS pistol can be seen in a SEAL's waistband holster. This is rather inaccurate, as SEALs carry the SIG-Sauer P226 Navy and Heckler & Koch HK45C as their sidearms.

Lonesurv-pistol-1.jpg

And yes, I have a Sig MK25.

I am not a SEAL and I don't play one on INGO, but I thought they had the autonomy to carry other non-issued weapons if they chose.

joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    On another forum, Kyle Defoor is reported to have said that the M9 was used in the film because it works better with blanks. Also concerning the discussion on the goat herders, and the team is voicing different options. In Black Hawk Down, the author describes the Rangers as a top down approach with no discussion. On the other hand Delta is described just as was shown with the SEALS, with members disagreeing and then following the orders. I am not stating any of this from experience, just what I have read.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    Viper - same here. No clapping no talking. Nobody left until the credits were rolling. I believe everyone sat there in shock by being smacked by the hand of reality.
    i talked my wife into going with me so maybe she could get an understanding and appreciate what our military does for us. A1/4 of the way into the movie i told her that if she wanted she could leave, knowing that she was very uneasy with what she was seeing. We talked about it today and we both agree that we have certain images seared into our brains. She agreed it was nothing like black hawk down.
    Even after 24 hours of seeing this the range of emotions i feel for these guys i cannot shake . I am not nieve about war im sure its hell on everyone, but i feel very humbled(?) and unworthy after seeing this movie.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    For those that care and want to be even more pissed off, there is a video of the raid from the bad guys point of view. Yes they were filming. They poke the bodies, fondle their equipment, hold up their military IDs etc etc. it's very graphic and disgusting. At the same time though you get to see the actual injuries these guys sustained and were fighting through.

Thanks for that link. And yes, it's really them as they were showing their IDs and equipment. Sad and angry at the same time.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    This is the best movie I have ever seen, bar none. I don't really care if it was 100% true to the book of if they got the exact make and model handgun correct. It holds up to the spirit of the events and the overall story. It's as good as it gets from Hollywood. I also don't care if Whalberg is a dooch, he made a great movie. Every American should see this movie so they can get some understanding of what many of our military guys go through ON THEIR BEHALF. I spent a good part of my civilian career supporting and working with our Navy, Marines and Army and I can tell you the concepts of brotherhood and mutual sacrifice come through loud and clear in this film.

I have never seen a theater audience so quiet and slow to exit from a movie before. Most all had tears on their cheeks. It is a gripping and sobering movie that I won't forget for the rest of my days in this world.

sterve

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    crawfordsville
    What a sobering movie, no one spoke while exiting the theater, I hope some people that went to be entertained walked away with a better understanding of what are men and women in the military sacrifice for our freedom.

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    Just seen the movie and have to give it a two thumbs up! These guys were on the wrong end of a bad situation for sure. No one was talking afterwards. Makes you feel greatful for the military our country has and what they'll go through to protect our turf. Thanks guys and gals!!!

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Read the book and the went to see the movie. Great movie. You just get up at the end and walk silently out. What a sacrifice these young men made.

Top Bottom