• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Ranger buddies of mine seem to disagree with Luttrell's version. I did like the book, apparently they did not.

I understand. The Rangers are Monday morning quarterbacking, and Luttrell was there throwing the ball so to speak. It's easy to second guess after the fact...and besides, aren't Rangers kind of jealous of SEALs anyway?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Good movie. If you get the chance look up how he was treated after he came back to the states. Some kids killed his PTSD therapy golden retriever. He chased them down.
    [video=youtube_share;aRHTJyuXzhQ]http://youtu.be/aRHTJyuXzhQ[/video]

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Agree.

Wife and I saw it today at Huntington. I had to tell my wife what was right and wrong with the movie.....the big shoot out at the village is not what I had heard. I thought his village friend just had him hid until we got there to get him out, no big shootout. Still a good movie.

At the last UFC Lutrell was there and said he thought Marky Mark did a real good job. I watched the 60 minutes interview, I wish they had stuck with more of the story how he told it, but hey, thats hollywood. God Bless our troops.
    How they handled the whole village thing and ending was my big gripe as well. Nowhere near what was in the book (and changes the story in my mind), but I guess that's Hollywood license for ya. Still an entertaining and moving film, and a fitting tribute I think. Luttrell has said he believes he lived through it just so he could tell the story, and the movie was a way to reach a bigger audience.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Good movie. If you get the chance look up how he was treated after he came back to the states. Some kids killed his PTSD therapy golden retriever. He chased them down.

This is absolutely sick. It was hard to watch this and see the emotion he was fighting so hard to hold back.

What sick pos scum of society those boys are.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I remember that. Not too sure what those kids were thinking, probably a good idea the cops got to em first. Unbelievable.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Go see this movie. It is an excellent movie and follows the book pretty closely, except for the end. I have never seen a more quiet crowd exit the theater after it was over. Some were crying, most probably had a lump in their throat. It is a fitting tribute to those who lost their lives in Operation Redwing and all those in the military who have made the ultimate sacrifice. It's a story that HAD to be made into a movie. Is Marky Mark anti-gun?.., I really don't care. I didn't go see it because he was in it. I went to see it because I read the book and support Marcus Lutrell and what he is doing. If you get butt-hurt over every anti-gun person or company, then you really can't hardly leave your home anymore. That's no way to live your life. Sc&#w them and their views, go with the knowledge that you are honoring those who gave their lives.

Dirty Steve

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I saw it over the weekend. The acting was believable. The action was realistic. The story was compelling and emotional.

The humanity of the story makes the war seem all the more discouraging. If we respect these men then why do we waste their lives policing the Taliban?

I was unaware of Wahlberg's antigun-ness.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    For those that care and want to be even more pissed off, there is a video of the raid from the bad guys point of view. Yes they were filming. They poke the bodies, fondle their equipment, hold up their military IDs etc etc. it's very graphic and disgusting. At the same time though you get to see the actual injuries these guys sustained and were fighting through.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    When I was working there in 2011 I was based out of FOB Tarin Kowt - same base these guys were. The monument to them was in need of repair and the flag wasn't flying - don't know why. I got together with one of the guys from their camp and got them the equipment and material they needed to get the lights back up and running. Then on the first morning of raising the flag I snapped this photo of the guy from their unit that made it happen. I was proud to be part of it. My partner and I didn't spend much time at TK, we were outside the wire helping all over the region, but we always returned to our shop there. Read the book. Saw the movie. Couldn't be more proud of the boys at six.View attachment 24987

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom