• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The book was a great read. The movie gives a pretty good depiction of the battle scenes. A little Hollywood artistic license on the rescue side of the story. Still a very good portrayal of the events. I read the book just before the movie was released to appreciate both ways of telling the story.

Hollywood always bends a few things around. Very hard to follow a well written book.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Just watched it (actually, mark is being rescued as we speak) - thought it was OK - From a pure movie point of view I thought it was too much continual violence, almost made it borning.

Would have been nice to break up the violence with some flashback scenes of the 4 soldiers at home, with their wives, kids etc. That would give the audience a chance to "catch their breath" while allowing us to relate with the soldiers.

Just my take, and of course kudos to the men and women who do what I dont have the guts to.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Just watched it (actually, mark is being rescued as we speak) - thought it was OK - From a pure movie point of view I thought it was too much continual violence, almost made it borning.

Would have been nice to break up the violence with some flashback scenes of the 4 soldiers at home, with their wives, kids etc. That would give the audience a chance to "catch their breath" while allowing us to relate with the soldiers.

Just my take, and of course kudos to the men and women who do what I dont have the guts to.

Well, what really happened was violent and has no room to breathe. Also, some actual events was not portrayed on those scenes, like how Marcus crawled for miles instead of walking like what Marky Mark did.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Well, what really happened was violent and has no room to breathe. Also, some actual events was not portrayed on those scenes, like how Marcus crawled for miles instead of walking like what Marky Mark did.

Which of course is why I said, from a pure movie point of view.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, I just saw it. Bloody. Did I say bloody. Watched it alone because I know my GF would not like it. Not a bad movie but I should read the book.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom