• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Interesting the leeway you will allow to a private citizen... both men were beaten with a club, stabbed, and shot... 15 on 2... I would love to see the responses if 15 coppers did the same to 2 guys... hell even Rodney King had better odds.... but then again, he was "resisting" as well. :dunno:

You are right I will allow more leeway to a Private Citizen than I will any LEOs. You want the Same treatment from me then resign your post and become a Private Citizen instead of an Officer of the Peace. By the way if you think I am being a Hard Ass towards LEOs you should toe the line I require of my Soldiers...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're mistaking me for the anti-police brigade in here. I give leeway in either case. But then I am a JBT-lover or some other nonsense.

fyi, I don't think anyone of the responses here are anti-police. Your entitled to your opinion, and you have provided the logic to why you believe such. I simply disagree.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Interesting the leeway you will allow to a private citizen... both men were beaten with a club, stabbed, and shot... 15 on 2... I would love to see the responses if 15 coppers did the same to 2 guys... hell even Rodney King had better odds.... but then again, he was "resisting" as well. :dunno:

I honestly could care less if they were private citizens or LEO's. If 2 men are mugging a 47 year old woman at gunpoint then I expect some damn good results out of the people helping. Whether you are an officer or not, beat them if they are resisting, shoot them if need be, stab them if they provide the knife. The more scum off the streets the better. I'm all for beating someone senseless before you arrest them if they are doing something like this.

15 on 2... Seems fair to me since the 2 had their guns out already. I'm sure each gun held at least 6 bullets, so that damn near ties up the odds. :dunno:

The only thing I care about coming from LEO's is them doing something illegal and not getting the same punishment as a private citizen. As far as beating the living crap out of douchebags like these 2 idiots, I don't think people would really mind...:yesway:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I honestly could care less if they were private citizens or LEO's. If 2 men are mugging a 47 year old woman at gunpoint then I expect some damn good results out of the people helping. Whether you are an officer or not, beat them if they are resisting, shoot them if need be, stab them if they provide the knife. The more scum off the streets the better. I'm all for beating someone senseless before you arrest them if they are doing something like this.

15 on 2... Seems fair to me since the 2 had their guns out already. I'm sure each gun held at least 6 bullets, so that damn near ties up the odds. :dunno:

The only thing I care about coming from LEO's is them doing something illegal and not getting the same punishment as a private citizen. As far as beating the living crap out of douchebags like these 2 idiots, I don't think people would really mind...:yesway:

Brandon Johnson derseved what he got.:yesway:
    And I don't fault any IMPD officer for what happened to him!

Guess I am a JBT boot licker now. LOL

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Too bad the gang-bangers weren't killed. That would have been true justice.

nO, because then they can't go back to their "buddies" and tell them how ****ed up that was and to not **** with those people again. Killing them makes them martyrs (in some odd way) but letting them live makes them thugs that got their asses beat to hell and back.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Man, situations like this are TOUGH calls for people like us.....

What would have happened if we lived near there and we happened to look out our windows and saw two guys getting assailed by 15 people with no other information to go on?:dunno:

Exactly why my gun is carried for me and mine only. Otherwise I call 911 and be the best witness I can be. Only under very limited and extraordinaty circumstances would I act otherwise.

Many disagree, but that's my 2c.

-rvb

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    No, not the same thing... I'm not going to club, stab, or shoot anybody (most certainly not all three) unless it is required.

That's an unqualified statement, it appears that there is plenty of crime, ie murders and the like, in Cambridge Arms. It also appears that Community Watch Meetings (sponsored by FPD) occur there as well. So based on the crimes alone, there seems a pretty regular police presence.

I'm sorry but if it "appears" that if there is plenty of violent crime in that complex, then an regular police presence is not enough. The presence should be ramped up to the excessive point that any BG would have second thoughts about being there.

If there's a repeated problem to the point that citizens are frustrated enough to react to protect a family member or fellow apartment complex patron, then the local LEA is not doing enough.

Other words, get some feet on the ground in the affected problem area and take care of business.

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    At face value it seems as though these guys got what they deserved, however, this appears to be gang related. It is likely that many background details have been left out.

Top Bottom