Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Maybe they're waiting for you to hit 50 quality posts?

Then the cape will be handed over.

emogee%20247.png

I have never had anything other than high quality posts!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Microsoft Teams has the Meatballs Menu. I hate Teams. Hate it. Hate IT! Give me Skype any day.
    Nah. Teams is alright. I think I’d rather we use Slack. Teams was quirky early on but I have to vive MS their due. It’s become a solid communications platform since then. Almost every meeting I get crystal clear audio and video. Decent features. And as a MS hater it really pains me to say that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I use Teams pretty much daily. It is the worst.
    It's clunky, and you can't get rid of conversations or "meetings" when you're done with them! Best you can do is "hide" them. That's just retarded. You also can get pulled into meetings that you shouldn't need to be in, just because you were a part of it previously. Only way to avoid that is to "mute" it as far as I can tell. I've hit the "Leave" button when I'm done, only to get pulled back in later. Bah! Humbug! :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nah. Teams is alright. I think I’d rather we use Slack. Teams was quirky early on but I have to vive MS their due. It’s become a solid communications platform since then. Almost every meeting I get crystal clear audio and video. Decent features. And as a MS hater it really pains me to say that.
    No. It sucks. You're wrong. It has no redeeming qualities. :p

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's clunky, and you can't get rid of conversations or "meetings" when you're done with them! Best you can do is "hide" them. That's just retarded. You also can get pulled into meetings that you shouldn't need to be in, just because you were a part of it previously. Only way to avoid that is to "mute" it as far as I can tell. I've hit the "Leave" button when I'm done, only to get pulled back in later. Bah! Humbug! :):
    Most of those problems I consider features. But I don’t understand getting pulled into meetings because you were a part of them? That doesn’t sound like how it works for me. Maybe your setup is different. You have to get invited to meetings. If you’re invited to a recurring meeting you’ll be part of that meeting until you decline it. Or is it something else you’re talking about?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ours is as solid as liquid water. Let me delete conversations, or "really" exit meetings or conversations and then we can talk.
    By solid, I mean audio/video is very stable even with many participants.

Are you talking about group chats? You can leave those. I guess I don’t understand what you mean.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    By solid, I mean audio/video is very stable even with many participants.

Are you talking about group chats? You can leave those. I guess I don’t understand what you mean.
    You can leave them, but they're still there. You can't delete them like you can with a Skype conversation. Best you can do is "hide" them.

Yes the audio is fine, but no better than Skype. I refuse to use the video feature (have tape over my camera plus I keep the camera disabled on my computer). A handful of people use it on our team but if they move slightly to one side or another, they fade out, largely because they're using a fake background that seems to work like a "green screen" for weather people on tv. I don't need to see people to hear them.

My coworkers see me (my avatar) as this.

grumpy-old-man.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom