• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I must be the oddball, because in my experience 99% of foreigners I've interacted with in this country have been more polite and respectful than my average countrymen.

Maybe it's because I don't frequent touristy spots very much, so I'm meeting people who came to the country to work or study, not to vacation...
    Walking down Kirkwood on a weekend night and all you see is a bunch of loud ass kids, getting drunk or whatever. I agree with you, the foreigners here are more polite and respectful.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've never seen that, on my travels.
    What I have seen is loads of A hole Americans throughout Western Europe and many other vacations in beer halls, pubs, restaurants, buses, trains and so on.
    Americans will be the loudest patrons in the establishment.
    Go to RMNP or especially Yellowstone now and you won't be able to miss them or the broken toilets and damaged feature left in their wake.

No need to travel all the way to Europe to see Americans behaving like a holes, when there are plenty to be found on the upper east coast or even closer in Chicago.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I first joined I did not know there was an I tro thread.

I did not read the rules.

I jumped right into threads I was interested in and posted what I thought would be interesting to others.

I got in trouble.

I did not know there was a classified forum.
    Same here, except, I don't think I ever got in trouble. I waded in fairly slow though if I recall.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    But Chip does have a point. lets pump the brakes on this OT tangent and let it get back to the ACTUAL topic at hand.

So back to making fun of INGO noobs.
    Wait, I thought this was primarily a food thread where we make fun of those that think pineapple is food and belongs on pizza and occasionally argue over whether a noob is contributing or not?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wait, I thought this was primarily a food thread where we make fun of those that think pineapple is food and belongs on pizza and occasionally argue over whether a noob is contributing or not?
    If they would have come right out and said pineapple on pizza is yucky then it would have been a golden ticket as far as I'm concerned. That single post should equal 50 in my book.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I must be the oddball, because in my experience 99% of foreigners I've interacted with in this country have been more polite and respectful than my average countrymen.

Maybe it's because I don't frequent touristy spots very much, so I'm meeting people who came to the country to work or study, not to vacation...
    In the states? I agree. Abroad? that's another story. I know Americans get labeled with a broad brush over seas but the Russians are a whole other level.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    In the states? I agree. Abroad? that's another story. I know Americans get labeled with a broad brush over seas but the Russians are a whole other level.
    I can't speak to abroad, I've only ever traveled to Mexico, and didn't actually interact with or meet many non-Mexicans while there.

Come to think of it, I don't know that I've ever met a Russian. I can recall one time my wife and I met a nice couple in the waiting room at the doctor's office, and I thought their accent sounded maybe Russian, but never had a polite opportunity to ask.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I can't speak to abroad, I've only ever traveled to Mexico, and didn't actually interact with or meet many non-Mexicans while there.

Come to think of it, I don't know that I've ever met a Russian. I can recall one time my wife and I met a nice couple in the waiting room at the doctor's office, and I thought their accent sounded maybe Russian, but never had a polite opportunity to ask.
    I know stereotypes are bad.... but every Russian mobster stereotype you've ever seen in movies I swear doesn't even come close to covering it. In fact, if I never see a hairy fat russian dude in his 40's in a speedo again it'll be two lifetimes too soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom