Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Seriously? Lack of an intro post is somehow damning?
    Not as much as "Im just here for the classifieds. I really dont care about the conversations. I'm just going through the motions so I can buy a unicorn." (paraphrased)

Sorry, that is what site supporter is for.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Tour bus loads of Chinese at National Parks are extremely obnoxious also. Not really rude from my observations but very loud, unaware, and frankly disrespectful of their surroundings.
    I must be the oddball, because in my experience 99% of foreigners I've interacted with in this country have been more polite and respectful than my average countrymen.

Maybe it's because I don't frequent touristy spots very much, so I'm meeting people who came to the country to work or study, not to vacation...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I must be the oddball, because in my experience 99% of foreigners I've interacted with in this country have been more polite and respectful than my average countrymen.

Maybe it's because I don't frequent touristy spots very much, so I'm meeting people who came to the country to work or study, not to vacation...
    in groups of 2 or less, you are correct. You get many of them together and they get collectively stupider and more obnoxious.

To be fair, thats not just for foreigners. It applies to locals too.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seriously? Lack of an intro post is somehow damning?
    Not at all. It's just an observation. If someone new truly cares about members getting to know them, they might fare better by introducing themselves. You really need to do something about your chronic panty twisting.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I think I just read 100 posts about someone trying to make 50. Including making people go back and forth about what contributing is. Which basically proves contributing, like rich, is relative.

If getting that amount of board participation doesn't count as contributing, I am not sure what does.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think we (as fellow mods) should bring this up at the next meeting.
    Two thoughts on the Classifieds:

1. Consider making them only accessible to site supporters

2. Allow (or force) Classified posts to be filtered/excluded from "New Posts". I don't use them, don't need them, and don't want to see them - especially when they occasionally crowd out the actual, new/current forum content.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    in groups of 2 or less, you are correct. You get many of them together and they get collectively stupider and more obnoxious.

To be fair, thats not just for foreigners. It applies to locals too.
    This rabbit hole appears to be trending in a very... non-edifying direction. Can we maybe veer away from general/universal/stereotyping bad-mouthing of foreigners (or any other groups of people)?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This rabbit hole appears to be trending in a very... non-edifying direction. Can we maybe veer away from general/universal/stereotyping bad-mouthing of foreigners (or any other groups of people)?
    I clarified that EVERY social group tends to follow the same pattern. Its not just furiners. LOL

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Tour bus loads of Chinese at National Parks are extremely obnoxious also. Not really rude from my observations but very loud, unaware, and frankly disrespectful of their surroundings.
    I've never seen that, on my travels.
    What I have seen is loads of A hole Americans throughout Western Europe and many other vacations in beer halls, pubs, restaurants, buses, trains and so on.
    Americans will be the loudest patrons in the establishment.

Reactions: KG1

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not as much as "Im just here for the classifieds. I really dont care about the conversations. I'm just going through the motions so I can buy a unicorn." (paraphrased)

Sorry, that is what site supporter is for.
    If Texkev wants to make and enforce some other rules, more power to him. Let him change the rules and enforce them.

This :poop: of openly disparaging people following the posted rules is :bs: though. Let's not pretend that the site doesn't want people coming here for the classifieds.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When I first joined I did not know there was an I tro thread.

I did not read the rules.

I jumped right into threads I was interested in and posted what I thought would be interesting to others.

I got in trouble.

I did not know there was a classified forum.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Two thoughts on the Classifieds:

1. Consider making them only accessible to site supporters

2. Allow (or force) Classified posts to be filtered/excluded from "New Posts". I don't use them, don't need them, and don't want to see them - especially when they occasionally crowd out the actual, new/current forum content.
    1 will never happen. They are a big draw for the site.

I would like 2 as well. Give me a checkbox to turn them off

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom