KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No.
    I know that I am hilarious.
    The Next Generation Data GIF by Star Trek (GIF Image)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wonder... Is it possible for a Mod to ban himself (or herself)? Maybe this has been asked before but I don't recall...

I'm a moderator on another forum. I can ban myself and reduce my permissions, but it doesn't "take" and I still have all the same access. I am not an administrator, though, so maybe only admins can ban moderators.

It's a smaller forum, by design, and we seldom ban anyone. Most people who show up and can't fit in or figure out how it works get bored and move along on their own. It's a different vibe then here. Not better or worse, mind you, but different. Much more technical oriented and less social, more loosely moderated but more insular. If you show up talking BS, it's not tolerated. Keyboard warriors and those with thought exercise experience only often find that not having their tripe swallowed without question is too much for them and they "ban" themselves.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm a moderator on another forum. I can ban myself and reduce my permissions, but it doesn't "take" and I still have all the same access. I am not an administrator, though, so maybe only admins can ban moderators.

It's a smaller forum, by design, and we seldom ban anyone. Most people who show up and can't fit in or figure out how it works get bored and move along on their own. It's a different vibe then here. Not better or worse, mind you, but different. Much more technical oriented and less social, more loosely moderated but more insular. If you show up talking BS, it's not tolerated. Keyboard warriors and those with thought exercise experience only often find that not having their tripe swallowed without question is too much for them and they "ban" themselves.
    Please, please, please tell me it's a fedora forum!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom