• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This is how we (staff) see this. The threads and conversations that would surround this would be troublesome.
    Every one has an opinion. Unless they get to see everything we do they are limited in forming an opinion by info available.

If something were to become controversial how it is handled would depend on the situation.

The green curtain is up for a reason.
    Besides, this is INGO, where we refuse to cloud a good argument with facts!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just so I'm up to speed with the goings on here, Woobie got banned for breaking a rule GPIA made up and churchmouse castrated him? That seems a little harsh!

Pretty much. But I'm still not sure how rule 19, which bans conspiracies, fits in with this.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How hard would it be to change shooter to "temp shooter" or "permashooter"?

"Shooter" is linked with a default vBulletin User Group called "Banned Users". The software, in its current configuration, does not separate "temp-banned" users from "perma-banned" users. Instead, it allows staff members to set a time frame during which a user is placed in the "Banned Users" group...it can be for a couple of days or weeks, or forever.

I think (and this is mostly a guess, so take it with a grain of salt) that other "User Groups" could be defined and populated (something like "Temp-Shooter"/"Perma-Shooter"), and then Custom User Titles could (potentially) be assigned to those groups. The hitch, I think, would be linking the new user categories within the vBulletin software to automatically place the newly-banned user into the correct user category (Temp/Perma) to keep it user-friendly for the staff.

I suspect there would be significant coding required to accomplish this, and that would be an effort only the site owners could authorize.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom