• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    "Shooter" is linked with a default vBulletin User Group called "Banned Users". The software, in its current configuration, does not separate "temp-banned" users from "perma-banned" users. Instead, it allows staff members to set a time frame during which a user is placed in the "Banned Users" group...it can be for a couple of days or weeks, or forever.

I think (and this is mostly a guess, so take it with a grain of salt) that other "User Groups" could be defined and populated (something like "Temp-Shooter"/"Perma-Shooter"), and then Custom User Titles could (potentially) be assigned to those groups. The hitch, I think, would be linking the new user categories within the vBulletin software to automatically place the newly-banned user into the correct user category (Temp/Perma) to keep it user-friendly for the staff.

I suspect there would be significant coding required to accomplish this, and that would be an effort only the site owners could authorize.
    Bully

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Bully.tiff

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    List of the Rules:
    "Rule #1: Never let suspects stay together.[FONT=georgia, serif] (Franks) 1x01 'Yankee White'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #1: Never screw over your partner. 4x14 'Blowback'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #2: Always wear gloves at a crime scene.[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif] (Franks) 1x01 'Yankee White'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #3: Don't believe what you're told. Double check.[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif] (Franks) 1x01 'Yankee White'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #3: Never be unreachable. 3x13 'Deception'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #4: The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself.Second best? Tell one other person - if you must.There is no third best. 4x11 'Blowback'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif] [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #5: You don't waste good. (…"You're Good" Gibbs says to DiNozzo) 8x22 'Baltimore'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #6: Never apologize — Its a sign of weakness.[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]A rule used more often than the others, but finally given a number in 7x12 'Flesh and Blood' during a great Gibbs/DiNozzo moment. The first person to use that phrase was John Wayne in, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon." "Never apologize, mister, it. It's a sign of weakness." — In the episode 3x23 'Hiatus Part-1' DiNozzo explains to NCIS Director, Jenny Shepard, that Gibbs took this one from "The Duke himself."[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #7: Always be specific when you lie. 1x23 'Reveille'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #8: Never take anything for granted. 3x10 'Probie'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife. 1x13 'One Shot, One Kill' & 1x20 'Missing'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #10: Never get personally involved on a case. (Said by Tony, agreed on by Gibbs) 7x21 'Obsession'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #11: When the job is done, walk away. 6x24 'Semper Fidelis'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #12: Never date a coworker. 1x15 'Enigma'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #13: Never, ever involve a lawyer. 6x07 'Collateral Damage' & 7x24 'Rule Fifty-One'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #14 bend the line, don't break it! (said by gibbs to Mike franks) 11x04 'Anonymous Was a Woman'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #15: Always work as a team. 5x05 'Leap of Faith'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #16: If someone thinks they have the upper-hand, [/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]…break it! (DiNozzo) 8x24 'Pyramid'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #18: It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission. 3x04 'Silver War'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #20: Always look under. 12x17 'Artful Dodger"[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #22: Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation. 4x10 'Smoked'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #23: Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live. 2x09 'Forced Entry'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #27: Two ways to follow: First way, they never notice you, — second way, they only notice you. 7x15 'Jack Knife' & 7x24 'Rule Fifty-One'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #35: Always watch the watchers. 8x22 'Baltimore'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #36: If it feels like you're being played, you probably are. 9x01 'Nature of the Beast'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif] Rule #38: Your case, your lead. 6x16 'Bounce'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #39: There is no such thing as coincidence. 7x21 'Obsession'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]"The 40's are for Emergency Use Only!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif](Mentioned by Abby) 7x24 'Rule Fifty-One'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #40: If it seems someone is out to get you, they are. (Said by Abby, agreed on by Gibbs) 7x22 'Borderland' & 7x24 'Rule Fifty-One'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #42: Never accept an apologie from someone who just sucker-punched you. (said by Gibbs to Dr. Ryan) 9x16 'Psych Out'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #44: First things first. Hide the women and children. 7x23 'Patriot Down'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #45: Clean up your own mess. (Gibbs Said, "Left a mess I've got to clean up." — DiNozzo commented that's basically Rule #45) 7x24 'Rule Fifty-One' (See Below)[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif]Rule #51: Sometimes — You're Wrong! 7x24 'Rule Fifty-One'[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia, serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=georgia, serif] Rule #62: Give people space when they step out of the elevator (said by abby to gibbs) 11x13 'Double Back'

Rule #69: Never trust a woman who doesn't trust her man. 9x7 'Devil's Triangle'

[/FONT]

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Still, I'm gonna miss Woobie:(

Hey, thanks! But don't worry.

I once was quoted as saying "You can't win, Churchmouse. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Or was that Vader I said that to? These reincarnations play havoc on my memory. Anyway, it was a super villain.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...go-forum-rules-please-take-minute-review.html

6) Do not post any written content that is not yours on INGunOwners.com.
    Do not post news articles, content from blogs or any other content from sites around the web on INGunOwners.com . Feel free to post your own words and a link to the content but DO NOT copy and paste any text that does not belong to you on INGunOwners.com.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hey, thanks! But don't worry.

I once was quoted as saying "You can't win, Churchmouse. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Or was that Vader I said that to? These reincarnations play havoc on my memory. Anyway, it was a super villain.
    Oh, but he can strike you down, if he takes your head, he takes your power! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Shooter" is linked with a default vBulletin User Group called "Banned Users". The software, in its current configuration, does not separate "temp-banned" users from "perma-banned" users. Instead, it allows staff members to set a time frame during which a user is placed in the "Banned Users" group...it can be for a couple of days or weeks, or forever.

I think (and this is mostly a guess, so take it with a grain of salt) that other "User Groups" could be defined and populated (something like "Temp-Shooter"/"Perma-Shooter"), and then Custom User Titles could (potentially) be assigned to those groups. The hitch, I think, would be linking the new user categories within the vBulletin software to automatically place the newly-banned user into the correct user category (Temp/Perma) to keep it user-friendly for the staff.

I suspect there would be significant coding required to accomplish this, and that would be an effort only the site owners could authorize.
    Ah, that must be the internet equivalent of the "Group W Bench".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom