Not open for further replies.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I was told to ignore one member.

There is one member on my list, because if I ever read his posts and reply I will be banned.

Before Kut became kinder and gentler I would get ticked at him occasionally, but would not ignore him because he brings a lot of good to the table too.

Link to thread that led to ignore list? *crosses fingers and hopes for the Lolz *

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The ignore list has a valid place here. I have several on my list. Among them are members that have admitted to criminal activity and arrests in the past and a couple cases of stolen valor. Some of those members are quite knowledgeable and I almost always click and read their posts anyway. I've got them marked not because I necessarily want to ignore them or what they have to say, but because I want to make sure not to deal with them in the classifieds. When I see that little 'click me' button then it reminds me to to look up why they are on that list. When a member says "I've been arrested so many times in Illinois I can't remember them all" then I want to make sure I never conduct a deal with them. That's only one of the extra ways to use the list.

Most of the members on my ignore list have been permanently shootered for one reason or another. It's just another tool to use on the forum.

MJ has never been on my ignore list. I may not agree with him on everything, but he brought valid points and different perspectives to discussions. That being said, I would mostly read his opinions, and very rarely comment on them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

There is one member on my list, because if I ever read his posts and reply I will be banned.

Before Kut became kinder and gentler I would get ticked at him occasionally, but would not ignore him because he brings a lot of good to the table too.

It's me, isn't it?
    :)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I tried using it. But every time I came across a post by someone I ignored I thought "what has this dumbass posted now?"

And I would read the post anyway.

Every time.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The one that I was told to ignore is permanently shootered, and the one on my ignore list probably will be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

There are a lot of people that think I intentionally attempt to cause an issue. I assure you, I am not. In most instances, I give my heartfelt opinion (which is often from a perspective that is alien to the vast majority of membership). I am the product balance. I would rather see the opposing viewpoint first, before interjecting my own view. Hence why I am a bit of a contrarian. I understand people get ticked off at me, and when they fly off the handle, I often implore mods not to ban them. I don't want anyone banned on my acct. I try to get people to think outside of their comfort zones, and consider things that are often in the grey area.
    You give me grief BF, but I respect you because you don't fly off the deep end. I welcome any challenge to my stances, as there are plenty of thing I can learn from everyone.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are a lot of people that think I intentionally attempt to cause an issue. I assure you, I am not. In most instances, I give my heartfelt opinion (which is often from a perspective that is alien to the vast majority of membership). I am the product balance. I would rather see the opposing viewpoint first, before interjecting my own view. Hence why I am a bit of a contrarian. I understand people get ticked off at me, and when they fly off the handle, I often implore mods not to ban them. I don't want anyone banned on my acct. I try to get people to think outside of their comfort zones, and consider things that are often in the grey area.
    You give me grief BF, but I respect you because you don't fly off the deep end. I welcome any challenge to my stances, as there are plenty of thing I can learn from everyone.

Have you considered therapy? :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't ignore people who disagree with me. I ignore people that if I were sitting next to them at a bar I would be tempted to knock them off their stool for the way they talk to people, lack of integrity, or general prickishness. I also ignore those people in real life, not sure why I'd be any different online.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom