• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yep, if anybody took time to really get to know me, they will find I'm not really a fanboy. I like both iphone and androids, it's just iphone turn this time...

I didn't mean any offense, just having some fun...

I confess, I can stir things up sometimes. Like, I could say something like..

iPhones are like Harleys, overpriced, underpowered, and valuable only to a loyal fanbase, but I would NEVER do something like that here...

:D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So it's ok to mix me in with the "fanboys" because I bought an iPhone 4 a long time ago? You have fun trying to **** people off? You are doing quite a horrible job of it...

I guess the real "fanboys" like both android and iPhones, huh?

In all seriousness, I just said I like both iPhones and android phones, but yet you call me a "fanboy"...how about the real "fanboys" stand up? Yes sepe, I'm looking at you...

I don't see anywhere I said Caleb = fanboy. I was referring to a group of people that do run out and buy the newest Apple product even if it isn't any better than the last one they bought. I honestly think you have a bit of an issue understanding what you read or you take anything that is said personally. If either of those are the case, step away from the internet. You must seriously have an issue with understanding what you read because if you could comprehend, you'd see that I've said multiple times "I've been thinking about switching to an iPhone".

I would still like to know what hardware Apple makes in-house.

PS. If you get defensive about someone mentioning the word "fanboy" or talking about how an Apple product hasn't been upgraded enough to merit a release, you might be a fanboy.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I like my grandfather's charge...awesome thing is it has a huge screen, downside is it has a huge screen.

My iphone 4, while having a smaller screen, does pretty much what my grandfather's charge does but just in a smaller package. I personally love the styling of the iphone 4...personal preference.

You need to get to a store and play with them, for the most part, you can't go wrong with most smart phones.

Big screens certainly are a mixed blessing.

My little Droid Eris has just a slightly smaller screen than the iPhone, and the only reason I really want something with a larger screen is that my eyes arent what they used to be and I hate having to put on my glasses to read my phone, lol.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just my 2 cents here on something..

If you have an older Android phone and are already out of Warranty, and you can't afford to trade up, consider Rooting. I took an outdated, no longer supported, Droid Eris running Android 1.6, sluggishly, to a Rooted fast machine running 2.3.4 Gingerbread with more options.

Now, rooting is not for everyone. There is risk involved, so read up on it, especially specifically for your phone, before you wade in.

Root Android - What is Rooting? Why Root Your Phone/Tablet?

Rooting - is it for me? Some Q&A | Android Central

And my preferred place to get info, files, etc etc for rooting, the XDA Forums:
    Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers

Just thought this might help anyone like me who started to hate their phone but wasnt ready for a new one..

YMMV
    CYA

etc etc

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm planning on upgrading soon and it'll be a 4S. The specs are great and the market dominance and app availability are beyond everything else on the market. I'm already an AT&T customer (and have had no issues with them) so I don't mind sticking with them. The 4S will do everything I want and then some.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Android has 190 million activated. Apple has activated 250 million. If you want to count the OS, which is what android is. Plus I don't have to root the 4S to make it do what I want.
    Google: 190m Android devices, 40m Google+ users | Electronista

Android tops Apple iPhone in market share - Dayton Business Journal

Depends on how you count it..

As for rooting, Android OS is MUCH more "open" as is, than iOS, even in simple things like customizing the interface.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Yep! Im going to head over in the morning before work and check em out! I want the opportunity to have both in my hand!

Wait, you're heading to the Apple Store the day the 4S is launching? That might not be the best idea. When I went to the store for my 4 on launch day I spent 3 hours in line OUTSIDE the store. There will be a gajillion people there tomorrow.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Also keep in mind that *most* Android phones hardware-wise are complete and total garbage incapable of playing any games their specs are so low.

Exception is if your phone has tons of on board memory(not expansion card memory). If fact, my grandfather's charge cost more then my iPhone...

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Exception is if your phone has tons of on board memory(not expansion card memory). If fact, my grandfather's charge cost more then my iPhone...

I know there are some good Android phones out there. There are some very very nice ones, I've got a Thunderbolt which is pretty darn cool.

I was just stating that the vast majority are garbage. I would say somewhere in the 75-80% range.

Top Bottom