• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    If you have been a long time customer and are willing to haggle with them repeatadly then you can get them to bump your eligibility. However be prepared to push your loyalty over and over lol

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    My wife and I just got HTC Thunderbolts and so far we love them. Looked at getting an iphone but wasn't sold on not being able to replace it and have to send it to Apple to have it repaired. The guy we bought them from had a Thunderbolt and an iphone side by side and the thunderbolt was a little faster. Plus Evansville is getting 4g and iphone doesn't have 4g.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I had to do a factory restore because of some corrupted data, I just went in and did a factory reset, and when it booted back up, it automatically restored all apps that I had installed.

It was painless and easy.

Now as far as settings for Angry Birds, I can't answer that.

I do know that the Droid Bionic is one cool tool and wish I could trade my (even though I love it to death) Droid X, but will have to wait a while.

Also another thought, Apple I Phone has been losing ground to the Google Android OS at a rapid pace, and the phones that use it have rapidly caught up with the I-Phone sales and out sell them.

I've had my Droid X since Feb. and every day I'm amazed at each new twist that has popped up and things I can do to help me out on a day to day basis.

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?! APPLE PRODUCTS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO THE UNIVERSE!!!!

I'd get the Bionic or wait for the Nexus Prime. If someone really "NEEDS" an iPhone, wait for the 5.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My wife and I just got HTC Thunderbolts and so far we love them. Looked at getting an iphone but wasn't sold on not being able to replace it and have to send it to Apple to have it repaired. The guy we bought them from had a Thunderbolt and an iphone side by side and the thunderbolt was a little faster. Plus Evansville is getting 4g and iphone doesn't have 4g.

The iphone lacking 4G is a weak argument to some people, depending where they live or how often they visit 4G areas. For me, in Columbus, it's pointless to have a 4G phone at this time as we do not get 4G service unless we go to Indy. I'd rather save money and connect to the home network instead of driving all the way to Indy. If I lived in Indy or another area with 4G coverage, I would have waited for iphone 5 with 4G support.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?! APPLE PRODUCTS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO THE UNIVERSE!!!!

I'd get the Bionic or wait for the Nexus Prime. If someone really "NEEDS" an iPhone, wait for the 5.

Yea, seeing how apple sold a million the first 24 hours of opening iphone 4s pre-sale....pre-sale!

If I say so myself, wither you like them or not, that pretty damn good. Before you call BS...

iPhone 4S carries on the Apple excitement

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm going to be getting one of the new droid phones through straight talk. Unlimited talk text and web for $45. And it has wifi.

I have an iPod touch (2 actually) and I must say that the iOS is great, if you like to just play games and browse the interwebs. Androids are great, but it's a LOT easier to jailbreak an iOS than a droid anything. It's also a bit easier to restore if you wind up bricking it.

That being said, until I can get an iPhone on a prepaid plan with no 3G and only phone/text and wifi for my data, the droid ST phone for $130 bucks is where my money is going.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Well my hope is Ichokepeople will have decent review by the time I leave work Friday3/4 which is 6/7 your guys time. I will be headed to Verizon and will be making my choice then. I still have not read or heard anything giving one the clear winner. I have found though brining it up at work turns in to sort of a republican vs democrat type debate.....it gets hostile. We shall see.......we shall see. Be there for me Ichokepeople! :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yea, seeing how apple sold a million the first 24 hours of opening iphone 4s pre-sale....pre-sale!

If I say so myself, wither you like them or not, that pretty damn good. Before you call BS...

Folks, I'd say we are at at least an ORANGE Threat Level here, with a strong possibility of progress into the RED!

149b1280696a40.jpg

:D

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Upgraded my daughter's iPod to iOS 5 tonight and I have to admit that I like it. The dropdown notification window is so Android-like!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Yes, I read the paper and saw projections and actual pre-sales numbers. I have thought about switching to an iPhone but wouldn't switch to the 4s. IF I switch it'll be because the 5 is the best phone when it comes out (unless I switch to Verizon prior to its release). IF I switch from an android based phone, it'll be because of the size, weight, blah blah blah specs are better than the new android phones (which the 4s isn't better than several phones currently being sold nor is it better than several that are coming out in the next couple of weeks). Comparing them side by side, the 4s isn't all that much better than the 4. That is a reason I'm not a big fan of Apple. Make minor changes and build the excitement among the fanboys and enjoy the profit. The biggest thing that the 4s has going is that it is a world phone. Other than that, it is a little faster than the 4 with better cameras. I honestly don't care about having an 8megapixel camera on my phone and I don't care if a phone can take HD video.

If you look at Apple pre-order sales for every product, the fanboys will come out of whatever trendy coffee shop they camp in so they can buy something only marginally better than the previous version. I really do appreciate their marketing group...they do an amazing job.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Yes, I read the paper and saw projections and actual pre-sales numbers. I have thought about switching to an iPhone but wouldn't switch to the 4s. IF I switch it'll be because the 5 is the best phone when it comes out (unless I switch to Verizon prior to its release). IF I switch from an android based phone, it'll be because of the size, weight, blah blah blah specs are better than the new android phones (which the 4s isn't better than several phones currently being sold nor is it better than several that are coming out in the next couple of weeks). Comparing them side by side, the 4s isn't all that much better than the 4. That is a reason I'm not a big fan of Apple. Make minor changes and build the excitement among the fanboys and enjoy the profit. The biggest thing that the 4s has going is that it is a world phone. Other than that, it is a little faster than the 4 with better cameras. I honestly don't care about having an 8megapixel camera on my phone and I don't care if a phone can take HD video.

If you look at Apple pre-order sales for every product, the fanboys will come out of whatever trendy coffee shop they camp in so they can buy something only marginally better than the previous version. I really do appreciate their marketing group...they do an amazing job.

Agreed.

..add to that the Proprietary nature of Apple's products/apps (non replaceable battery, non expandable memory, etc) and you have why I am an Android fan.

I don't bash the quality of the product Apple makes, but that doesn't make up for everything else, for me.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Folks, I'd say we are at at least an ORANGE Threat Level here, with a strong possibility of progress into the RED!

149b1280696a40.jpg

:D

Looks like we have something in common...

To each his own, just putting my opinion out there like everybody else...is it because I like apple that it becomes unacceptable because you don't like apple?

Agreed.

..add to that the Proprietary nature of Apple's products/apps (non replaceable battery, non expandable memory, etc) and you have why I am an Android fan.

I don't bash the quality of the product Apple makes, but that doesn't make up for everything else, for me.

I like apple because they make both hardware and software...designed to work with each other, pretty well in fact.

If I need to replace the battery, I take the phone apart and change it myself seeing how geeky I am.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

To each his own, just putting my opinion out there like everybody else...is it because I like apple that it becomes unacceptable because you don't like apple?

I like apple because they make both hardware and software...designed to work with each other, pretty well in fact.

If I need to replace the battery, I take the phone apart and change it myself seeing how geeky I am.

It's just another of the great debates..

Glock vs XD
    Harley vs Honda
    Coke vs Pepsi
    Boxers vs Briefs
    Van Halen vs. Van Hagar
    etc

:)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    It's just another of the great debates..

Glock vs XD
    Harley vs Honda
    Coke vs Pepsi
    Boxers vs Briefs
    Van Halen vs. Van Hagar
    etc

:)

Yep, if anybody took time to really get to know me, they will find I'm not really a fanboy. I like both iphone and androids, it's just iphone turn this time...

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    So I guess it all comes down to what I want to do with the phone. ( i know I know, someone said that before)

Here is what i use my current phone for,

Calls
    Texts
    Pics of random stuff- uploaded to facebook/twitter on occasion
    Surf FB/Twitter
    Apps- Sports App, weather app, Angry Birds/Rio,
    Occasionally surf vids on youtube
    Surf the net- A gun forum in IN :D and a hunting forum in AZ

On my current Droid I have not even began to tap into all the things it can do...its the original but has the ability do things. (WTS Motorola Droid) :D

I think the Iphone and Bionic can provide the things I want it for. One has a larger screen, though I believe Apples smaller screen has a better resolution. Both will provide the aforementioned 8 MP cam. Both shoot HD vid if thats what floats your boat. (not mine)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    So I guess it all comes down to what I want to do with the phone. ( i know I know, someone said that before)

Here is what i use my current phone for,

Calls
    Texts
    Pics of random stuff- uploaded to facebook/twitter on occasion
    Surf FB/Twitter
    Apps- Sports App, weather app, Angry Birds/Rio,
    Occasionally surf vids on youtube
    Surf the net- A gun forum in IN :D and a hunting forum in AZ

On my current Droid I have not even began to tap into all the things it can do...its the original but has the ability do things. (WTS Motorola Droid) :D

I think the Iphone and Bionic can provide the things I want it for. One has a larger screen, though I believe Apples smaller screen has a better resolution. Both will provide the aforementioned 8 MP cam. Both shoot HD vid if thats what floats your boat. (not mine)

I like my grandfather's charge...awesome thing is it has a huge screen, downside is it has a huge screen.

My iphone 4, while having a smaller screen, does pretty much what my grandfather's charge does but just in a smaller package. I personally love the styling of the iphone 4...personal preference.

You need to get to a store and play with them, for the most part, you can't go wrong with most smart phones.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I really don't care what anyone prefers. I do just find it really funny when fanboys get all excited over a product that is SLIGHTLY upgraded. Sure, iOS5, upgraded cam, a bit faster, and a world phone (even though most of the people foaming at the mouth won't get more than a few blocks from their favorite coffee shop).

Just curious, what hardware does Apple make? From everything I've seen the past few years, they do the same thing everyone else in the business does. Design a product and have them produced in Asia. LCD screens for most companies made side by side, chips made by a handful...on and on.

AZ, yeah the iPhone's screen is 960x640 while the Bionic is 960x540.

Here is a comparison chart that Macobserver did.

Apple iPhone 4S vs. Moto Droid Bionic Spec Comparison Chart | Analysis | The Mac Observer

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I like my grandfather's charge...awesome thing is it has a huge screen, downside is it has a huge screen.

My iphone 4, while having a smaller screen, does pretty much what my grandfather's charge does but just in a smaller package. I personally love the styling of the iphone 4...personal preference.

You need to get to a store and play with them, for the most part, you can't go wrong with most smart phones.

I really do like the styling and size of the iPhone 4. That was a big reason I have been looking at them. Many of the android based phones have stupid contours and are pretty big. I love the phone I have now but a much thinner phone would be better.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I really don't care what anyone prefers. I do just find it really funny when fanboys get all excited over a product that is SLIGHTLY upgraded. Sure, iOS5, upgraded cam, a bit faster, and a world phone (even though most of the people foaming at the mouth won't get more than a few blocks from their favorite coffee shop).

Just curious, what hardware does Apple make? From everything I've seen the past few years, they do the same thing everyone else in the business does. Design a product and have them produced in Asia. LCD screens for most companies made side by side, chips made by a handful...on and on.

AZ, yeah the iPhone's screen is 960x640 while the Bionic is 960x540.

Here is a comparison chart that Macobserver did.

Apple iPhone 4S vs. Moto Droid Bionic Spec Comparison Chart | Analysis | The Mac Observer

So it's ok to mix me in with the "fanboys" because I bought an iPhone 4 a long time ago? You have fun trying to **** people off? You are doing quite a horrible job of it...

I guess the real "fanboys" like both android and iPhones, huh?

In all seriousness, I just said I like both iPhones and android phones, but yet you call me a "fanboy"...how about the real "fanboys" stand up? Yes sepe, I'm looking at you...

Top Bottom