• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Hmm. Well, I'm only going to learn so much in the time you've given me... but I think if I'd paid, with my own money, to upgrade from the 4 to this, I'd be disappointed. Siri is kind of cool, but I've only been in a quiet room with it, interested to see how it will do in the real world. It's faster, I guess, but speed was never a complaint I had with the 4. Same with the camera -- in the handful of test shots I've taken, it's a good camera for a phone camera. Better than the Bionic? Need more time. I still think the iPhone is a better music player (iPod) than any of the android devices I've played with, but maybe I just haven't found the right app for playing them on android yet. Specific questions?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Hmm. Well, I'm only going to learn so much in the time you've given me... but I think if I'd paid, with my own money, to upgrade from the 4 to this, I'd be disappointed. Siri is kind of cool, but I've only been in a quiet room with it, interested to see how it will do in the real world. It's faster, I guess, but speed was never a complaint I had with the 4. Same with the camera -- in the handful of test shots I've taken, it's a good camera for a phone camera. Better than the Bionic? Need more time. I still think the iPhone is a better music player (iPod) than any of the android devices I've played with, but maybe I just haven't found the right app for playing them on android yet. Specific questions?

Upgrading from a 4 to 4s may not be worth it...save your bones for the 5 next year

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Well given I was on an original droid......either is a huge upgrade. I am now an iPhone owner. I don't think it would be worth it to go from a 4 to a 4s. Thanks for all the info guys!

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Iphone question.

Let's say you download Facebook and during setup you select no to allowing facebook to push notifications. Afterwards, you realize you actually wanted to have the notifications on. How can I change this?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Iphone question.

Let's say you download Facebook and during setup you select no to allowing facebook to push notifications. Afterwards, you realize you actually wanted to have the notifications on. How can I change this?

Go into settings, Facebook app, then push settings

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Question, so you buy a phone from ebay ( like Benny posted ) -- Do you then take it to a cellular carriers store like AT&T and buy there service plan?

~TK

Simple answer, in the USA, yes. You could also unlock it and use another sim, or you could use it wifi only, or...

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Well, after a couple of days now with the 4s... I'll keep my bionic and sell the 4s. Siri is kind of cool, if you're in a quiet room. Frustrating, otherwise. I really like the size of the bionic over the iPhone, and the ability to personalize it. There's nothing WRONG with the iPhone, but it's not really much of an upgrade over the 4, to me. No 4g/LTE support, so the bionic is a lot faster there. iPhone over bionic as an iPod, still. Nice camera, for a phone. If anyone wants a black 64gb Verizon iPhone 4s...

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Almost everybody knows the iPhone screen is more fragile...having a body glove case on my iPhone really saved my screen from being shattered.

However, I'd it does shatter, I'll just take the phone apart and replace it... No biggie

Sounds like the :koolaid: is good and strong!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Even though iPhones and iPods are fairly easy to repair, they really should address the glass issue. I know several people that have cracked their screens with the phone just being in their pocket (never dropping them). If they address that and specs are similar or better than the newest android based phones, I'll be considering an iPhone when the 5 comes out. With the 4s being a world phone, it finally addressed one thing I was concerned with...being with T-Mobile and having the ability to swap sims, I never had to be too concerned with using my phone while traveling. A removable sim would another nice feature but it isn't the biggest thing in the world.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Even though iPhones and iPods are fairly easy to repair, they really should address the glass issue. I know several people that have cracked their screens with the phone just being in their pocket (never dropping them). If they address that and specs are similar or better than the newest android based phones, I'll be considering an iPhone when the 5 comes out. With the 4s being a world phone, it finally addressed one thing I was concerned with...being with T-Mobile and having the ability to swap sims, I never had to be too concerned with using my phone while traveling. A removable sim would another nice feature but it isn't the biggest thing in the world.

Nahh...display seems to be clearer with iPhones as oppose to the other type of stuff used on android.

Drunken Yak inc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Osceola, IN
    I've literally tossed mine (iPhone 4) across the office on to a tile floor with no scratches front or back, twice, just to prove to one of our guys that he had been suckered by the sales guy out of buying an iphone. I have dropped my phone at least two dozen times and the only protection is a bumper cover. I can understand suggesting an android phone for a person that wants to modify their phone to their liking, but the dude is computer illiterate and will never change it from how it comes out of the box. The iPhone would have been a better bet for him.

Top Bottom