• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Yesterday was filled with the not-so-exciting news of tiered data plans that will launch at Verizon Wireless on July 7. The whole day got kicked off when we received an initial pricing tip on how the plans would be structured which was then followed up by an employee email that hit more than a few major tech sites, including ours. And after all of that settled, the executive director of communications for Big Red came out and confirmed that “usage based” plans would indeed be starting next month.

Read more: Existing Verizon Customers Safe From Tiered Data Pricing For Now | TheUnlockr
    If you're with Verizon, looks like you might want to act sooner than later.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If you're with Verizon, looks like you might want to act sooner than later.

What the heck is VZ thinking? :dunno:
    Other carriers are touting their Unlimited plans as better, now all they will have to do is say "hey, at least we HAVE Unlimited plans!"

BTW, nice avatar :D

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    What the heck is VZ thinking? :dunno:
    Other carriers are touting their Unlimited plans as better, now all they will have to do is say "hey, at least we HAVE Unlimited plans!"

BTW, nice avatar :D

I rooted my Evo last night to show Fenway that with an existing Sprint unlimited data plan, wireless tethering is available without another device and contract. So yeah, I got root! :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I rooted my Evo last night to show Fenway that with an existing Sprint unlimited data plan, wireless tethering is available without another device and contract. So yeah, I got root! :D

Ah yes, ROOT is awesome! I have an old Eris, and rooting made it like a new phone.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    The debate between Android and iWhatever phones is akin to the 9mm and .45 debate.
    It may never end... LOL
    My first smartphone was a Moto droid "1" I was elegible for upgrade so I got a decent deal on it. then in Sept 2010 the R2D2 droid was released I bought one at full retail price and have never looked back.
    My son has a LG Ally also running android OS and I am not impressed with its performance.
    I also have a 32GB iPod touch, it is a lot of fun but for performance and personality as well as a removable battery and other reasons I will keep my android.
    Honestly the ONLY thing the iPhone does better than 'droid is play music. That being said I just found a free app in android market that does a great job at playing music and making that experience much like my iPod touch.

Good luck. :rockwoot:

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Verizon has the worst customer service of all, (confirmed by a friend who is employed by them and agrees). There phone service i guess allows them to treat customers poorly or give the illusion they are taking care of you all the while your getting it put to you by creative ways of hiding charges. I know this after they jacked me for $400 in rebate cards i never got. You may try T mobile, they offered to buy me out of two phone, 1 month old verizon contract as well as free new droids, and a much cheapper plan. They also claim that since they merged with ATT they have the largest service network.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    have him work for AT&T he would change his tune quickly. my wife manages for AT&T and is privy to all the real internal news, it's not good. there is a reason we pay for verizon.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    .......That being said I just found a free app in android market that does a great job at playing music and making that experience much like my iPod touch.

Good luck. :rockwoot:

Please do share that tid bit of knowledge with us slightly less tech savvy folks on the Droid band wagon.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Ugh....seeing this pisses me off! Looks like I may be switching carriers if I have to pay more than 30 extra for unlimited data. Obviously I can prevent that by upgrading now...JERKS!!!

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Verizon is horrible, in my experience, with early upgrade options. Check out the classifieds on INGO and try to buy a smart phone from another member; then you can just switch your number over and not extend your contract. I just got a HTC Droid incredible off Ebay for $50 . It's the older version but works awesome. Good luck

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    If you are computer/tech retard get an iphone. It is the most user friendly out of the box. If not go with the verizon bionic droid. Android allows you to customize and tweak so much more. My wife has an Iphone and loves it. Dealing with Itunes and apple, I knew droid was for me. I have the Moto Atrix through Att and it is amazing.

claybustr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    I switched back to Sprint last year and have 3 phones on my account that cost about $75 per month less than when I had my iPhone with AT&T and the coverage is a lot better.

My HTC Evo runs multiple aps and as long as I restart it every 2 or 3 weeks runs like a truck.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Please do share that tid bit of knowledge with us slightly less tech savvy folks on the Droid band wagon.

The App is called Double Twist.
    The free version gets you connected to your computer to transfer music to your phone. or you can pay (I don't know how much) to use "Air Sync" to transfer music wirelessly to your phone.
    I now have 5GB of music on my Droid.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    QUESTION for the phone people!!! So let's say my wife and I get used smartphones and call to changes our plan to incorporate the smartphones. This upgrade would require us to change our data package to the $30 a month plans. When our aforementioned plans are eligible for upgrade (August for my wife, April 2012 for me) will we be "grandfathered" in on the $30 per month unlimited data package??

And while we are on this subject, please note my concern is going over the 3GB that will be allowed once the data plans change. How likely is it that my wife or I will go over the 3GB if im currently averaging 10-15 MB and she is averaging 30-50 MB?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    QUESTION for the phone people!!! So let's say my wife and I get used smartphones and call to changes our plan to incorporate the smartphones. This upgrade would require us to change our data package to the $30 a month plans. When our aforementioned plans are eligible for upgrade (August for my wife, April 2012 for me) will we be "grandfathered" in on the $30 per month unlimited data package??

And while we are on this subject, please note my concern is going over the 3GB that will be allowed once the data plans change. How likely is it that my wife or I will go over the 3GB if im currently averaging 10-15 MB and she is averaging 30-50 MB?

My understanding is that you will be grandfathered in..

As for data usage, it will go up on a smart phone if you browse, stream music, download apps, etc. 3gb probably wouldnt be that hard to hit pretty quick.

Top Bottom