• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Trying out something totally new. I was talking knives with a buddy at work and he mentioned he wished someone made a gut hook with a vertical handle like a plunge dagger. I was going to make him this and a skinner for the opening of deer season. First time I’ve made a guy hook, or put in serrations.IMG_3314.jpeg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Very cool! Is that truly glass or is it "plastic" or plexi-glass? It's beautiful regardless. DoggyMama used to do stained glass work. It's very tedious work!
    All glass. Hand cut. Hand fit on the grinder. Foiled then soldered. Wrapped in came if it's a piece that's going to be hung. She makes some nice stuff. Very talented

People always want her to make something but it's not a cheap hobby and alot of hours go into making these and balk at what it would cost. And she ls way to cheap on labor as far as time put in. Like $5 per hour cheap. Some of the more elaborate pieces are 100+ hours of work. Translates, at that cheap rate, to $500 just on labor.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All glass. Hand cut. Hand fit on the grinder. Foiled then soldered. Wrapped in came if it's a piece that's going to be hung. She makes some nice stuff. Very talented

People always want her to make something but it's not a cheap hobby and alot of hours go into making these and balk at what it would cost. And she ls way to cheap on labor as far as time put in. Like $5 per hour cheap. Some of the more elaborate pieces are 100+ hours of work. Translates, at that cheap rate, to $500 just on labor.
    Well once again, very nice!! And I'm well aware of the labor that goes into it. I tried my hand at it very briefly and I don't have the patience for it. I would occasionally help DoggyMama with the foiling of the pieces but that was about the extent of my involvement. :): Her late brother was even better at it than she was. He made some very nice pieces.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JTINDY59
    Top Bottom