• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    There's a big difference between the example I described, and searching a person's home.

And by "authorities" I mean police.

What about my person?

Should they search my wallet for stolen IDs and credit cards? Run the serial numbers on my money?

Should they check my phone to make sure it isn't stolen?

When does it stop? If it's okay for them to stop me and inspect my firearms, where does the line get drawn?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    OK... I just called Bunnykid and got the go-ahead from him to ride my bicycle over to his house tonight after work. Now my choices are AR or AK?
    Just make sure you don't put a baseball card in your spokes because they make an annoying sound and it might get you noticed. :popcorn:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Speaking of being noticed, I was mistaken for a Wal Mart employee the other day. Blue polo, khaki pants. Huh, when was the last time you saw a Wal Mart employee with a Glock 19?

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    What about my person?

Should they search my wallet for stolen IDs and credit cards? Run the serial numbers on my money?

Should they check my phone to make sure it isn't stolen?

When does it stop? If it's okay for them to stop me and inspect my firearms, where does the line get drawn?

The line gets drawn after they determine your AR is legal (semi-auto), and determine that you are mentally stable (although I think you'd have to be nuts to do this!). The other things you mention are irrelevant. But I imagine they would follow you.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    The line gets drawn after they determine your AR is legal (semi-auto), and determine that you are mentally stable (although I think you'd have to be nuts to do this!). The other things you mention are irrelevant. But I imagine they would follow you.

Why are they irrelevant? It infringes on my rights. So does inspecting my weapon.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

They have no RAS to disarm you or inspect your weapon.

If they believe they have RAS that you are mentally defecient they better have a better reason than a perfectly legal activity.

They can follow me as far and as long as their busy schedule allows.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    So "infringing" on your 2A rights automatically requires them to infringe on your 4A rights?

I guess I DID miss your point.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    So "infringing" on your 2A rights automatically requires them to infringe on your 4A rights?

I guess I DID miss your point.

See, you're starting to get it. What I'm saying is, if it's okay for them to infringe on my 2A rights, and that's acceptable, then why is it not acceptable to infringe my 1A and 4A rights? The 2A even says, "Shall not be infringed." However, that seems to be the only amendment people are willing to give up to some degree.

First they came for the Second Amendment...

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    See, you're starting to get it. What I'm saying is, if it's okay for them to infringe on my 2A rights, and that's acceptable, then why is it not acceptable to infringe my 1A and 4A rights? The 2A even says, "Shall not be infringed." However, that seems to be the only amendment people are willing to give up to some degree.

First they came for the Second Amendment...

No, I've gotten it from the beginning. I just disagree what constitutes infringement.

To me, a cop asking a few questions and checking out the rifle (obviously this will depend on the style of rifle) and taking about a minute of your time is not unreasonable. Nor do I consider it infringement. When they go beyond that... then their ice starts to get thinner.

Top Bottom