• Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    LEO bashing? I'm in.
    How about this idiot?

“My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it,” Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Maybe I’ll end up with a protest of cowboys. In the meantime, I’ve got serious offenders with access to handguns. It’s irresponsible to send a message to them that if they just carry it openly no one can bother them.”

A police cheif and his "troops" decide your "rights"?

Sounds like Ed Flynn needed a few donuts shoved down his pie hole!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Asking that this be closed. It really didn't prove to be very constructive. There will always be those very few people who chose to slam the po-po no matter what....even though they don't know that individual. And that's fine. Like everyone here, those people are entitled to their opinion. I don't have to sleep with you at night and hopefully we'll never meet....professionally or otherwise. We have nothing to offer each other.

It seems most weeks you can pick up the newspaper and read bad things about the police. This profession is no different than any other. The bad ones will always cast a shadow of shame on the good ones. And believe me, the good ones far outnumber the bad. And we are all saddened by those that stray from what we consider an honest profession and chose to deliver a slap of dishonor to all those that strive for honor and dignity.

I'm sure many people have noticed that just like gun owners, LEO's are for the most part a tight-knit group. We understand many of the obstacles and situations faced by other LEO's. We can vent our frustrations to each other. Not unlike gun owners who gather to exchange information or ideas.

And I understand people like to brag. And what better place than the internet. But to do it in a place that is meant to express concern and sympathy for a child or another innocent human being is in my eyes irresponsible and uncalled for. To post a message that the police should have died....because they were stupid, untrained or deserving is ignorant. And I find it offensive. As do many of my brothers and sisters.

And like gun owners, we'll probably come to the defense of each other. You call one a nazi, a criminal with a badge or a jack-booted thug and you're insulting the entire group. But you are, as I stated, entitled to those opinions. And I'm sure your buddies will send you PM's patting you on the back congratulating you over your witty slam. Enjoy your moment of glory. But you really didn't win anything. All you really did was make yourself look foolish in the eyes of many, many responsible gun owners, in my very humble opinion.

As I said...I'm not sure why I'm wasting my energy here. I don't look to persuade the thinking of a very small group of individuals that disdain the police for whatever reason. I'd also like to apologize to anyone who felt this thread was in poor taste...and thank the mods for putting up with it.

Enough....will a mod please close this? I think it's outlived it's usefullness and it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I agree that this thread has gone nowhere. That was obvious from the start. Bashing cops as a whole is no better than calling

all black people "n's"
    all white people "racists"
    all mexican's "illegal"
    all muslims "terrorists"
    all nerds "intelligent"
    all women "bitches"
    all men "idiots"
    all republicans "rednecks"
    everyone here "right-wing extremists"
    and on and on and on...

There are a million stereotypes and that will unfortunately never change. Embrace your own stereotype and learn to live with it. I have made a choice to be blonde, therefore I am "dumb". I accept that.

Welcome to America :patriot:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I agree that this thread has gone nowhere. That was obvious from the start. Bashing cops as a whole is no better than calling

all black people "n's"
    all mexican's "illegal"
    all muslims "terrorists"
    all nerds "intelligent"
    all women "bitches"
    all men "idiots"
    and on and on and on...

There are a million stereotypes and that will unfortunately never change. Embrace your own stereotype and learn to live with it. I have made a choice to be blonde, therefore I am "dumb". I accept that.

Welcome to America :patriot:

Hey wait there was one of those statements that might be spot on lol...:D
    Shoutin LUB BU jennybird as I run for cover diving into the bushes...:laugh:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

all black people "n's"
    all mexican's "illegal"
    all muslims "terrorists"
    all nerds "intelligent"
    all women "bitches"
    all men "idiots"
    and on and on and on...
    OK...so it wasn't so obvious to one of those "idiot" men. ;)

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    There is never a "was" once you are you always are. After my motorcycle accident I couldn't run up a set of stairs or ladder to save my own life any more but it has been proven time and again once a Firefighter always a Firefighter.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    There is never a "was" once you are you always are. After my motorcycle accident I couldn't run up a set of stairs or ladder to save my own life any more but it has been proven time and again once a Firefighter always a Firefighter.
    I know...I still have my room full of helmets, hose nozzels, plaques and pictures. :D I still want a brass Elkhart fire extinguisher. LOL Men are "idiots".

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    My father was a fire captain in Cherry Hill Nj. in the late 50's I still have his badge and id around here somewhere. Every little boy loves firetrucks lol.. Sometimes I wish I hadn't been such a f$&kin rebel when I was young...

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    My father was a fire captain in Cherry Hill Nj. in the late 50's I still have his badge and id around here somewhere. Every little boy loves firetrucks lol.. Sometimes I wish I hadn't been such a f$&kin rebel when I was young...
    You're still a rebel. :D

Cherry Hill, NJ FD photos:

CHFD Info's photosets on Flickr

Last edited:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen

I think my Uncle gladly got out and never looked back. He was on the FD in Washington DC in the late 60's. So he got to use fire hoses for crowd control. Then it became fashionable, within some communities, to start fires and then shoot at the responding Firemen. So he became a LEO instead.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom