• ...and so much more!
  • wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Can you dog sign a contract?

While likely more loyal than some people, they can't really enter into a legal agreement. So, no, you can't "marry" your dog.

Now, what you do behind closed doors really isn't any of our business, though.

Not to long ago women were considered property and unable to enter legal contracts. The idea that animals have rights equal to humans is not that much of a stretch.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    And the uncontrolled sociological experiment continues. Problem is, by the time we find out how bad it screws up society, it's too late...

Maybe... but before we inject emotion lets talk about ways it could be helpful.

Problems with current society:
    -Feminist movement + inflation = Most families need 2 incomes to afford a decent living, so both spouses work.
    -Both spouses work = More money, but Destruction of Nuclear family lifestyle. Families live in better houses, drive nicer cars, have nicer "things"... but the trade off is usually that children don't get as much parenting.
    ~Less home cooked meals
    ~Less quality parent/child interaction
    ~Less Supervision
    ~Less Mentoring​

The dissolution of the Nuclear Family seems to be closely related to many of societies current problems and definitely is a contributing factor to the "dumbing down" of each generation.

So.... how do we fix this problem. Society demands (for most) that we have a 2 income household to successfully raise a family... but that leaves no one to tend the house and "raise the kids."

HOWEVER... in a polygamy... an additional adult FIXES some of these Nuclear Family problems.

2 incomes... PLUS one adult left home to tend the house and the kids. We see it over and over in Polygamous relationships. So... you contend that Polygamy might "screw up society".... but society is already screwed up and polygamy may hold the key to fixing some of those problems. That doesn't mean to say that everyone should have 2 or more spouses. Different strokes for different folks... but I don't see how anyone (taking religion out of the equation) can down it completely without research.

If a family can make it work... good for them. If it enhances the family dynamic... THEN GREAT FOR THEM!!! I doubt polygamy is ever going to be for me... but I definitely won't knock it.

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Ummm, so who is forcing him to come bounding across the yard to me when I get home? And all that passionate kissing? Are you saying it's not consensual? :(

Darn, and I thought he loved me!

Why should anyone care if you marry your dog? If your dog wants it and you want it... go for it.

Marriage is nothing more than a label anyway.... If you want to call yourself married to a dog, why should anyone stop you?

I'm dying to hear an argument against it....

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It's not like we don't have a failing economy and massive national debt to worry about. This is way more important for our legislators.

If you want multiple wives go for it. Not my business. Would open some odd legal doors and loopholes, but that can be ironed out I'm sure. Doubt there would really be all that many multiple wife marriages anyways. Could a woman have multiple husbands is the question after that though.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    The most frightening part of this discussion isn't that some of the people here actually believe that **** about how it'll lead to people marrying dogs and toasters and can't see the flawed logic.

It's that those people vote.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Not to long ago women were considered property and unable to enter legal contracts. The idea that animals have rights equal to humans is not that much of a stretch.

That is actually dependent on which country and era you're talking about, modern "common knowledge" to the contrary.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Maybe... but before we inject emotion lets talk about ways it could be helpful.

Problems with current society:
    -Feminist movement + inflation = Most families need 2 incomes to afford a decent living, so both spouses work.
    -Both spouses work = More money, but Destruction of Nuclear family lifestyle. Families live in better houses, drive nicer cars, have nicer "things"... but the trade off is usually that children don't get as much parenting.
    ~Less home cooked meals
    ~Less quality parent/child interaction
    ~Less Supervision
    ~Less Mentoring​

The dissolution of the Nuclear Family seems to be closely related to many of societies current problems and definitely is a contributing factor to the "dumbing down" of each generation.

So.... how do we fix this problem. Society demands (for most) that we have a 2 income household to successfully raise a family... but that leaves no one to tend the house and "raise the kids."
    How about another solution - CONSUME LESS. Someone forgot to tell us that we need 2 incomes. We have everything we need and most of what we want on one. No cable, no new cars, no fancy phones or plans, no constant eating out, no lake cottage, no cruises. Just lots of love, family time and home cooked meals.

In cultures where women are or were considered property, polygamy works. Not so sure about here and now. And not so sure about the impact of all this "variety" on children. History is replete with wives scheming on their children's behalf, to the detriment of other half-siblings.

Not that I believe the government should be involved in private matters. It's just that there are always unintended consequences.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    At what? Disappointing multiple women? I bet if I had 3 at least one would be happy for one reason or another :D

You're right, girl #1 is very happy. :D

Actaeonsgirls_zps12fbd758.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom