• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Thank you all for the help. Have contacted him,good guy. We're working on this now. Many support this in the work place,but are afraid to stick their necks out. Really do appreciate the input. Should have joined this group long ago.

You tell him I emailed him about this months ago and never got a reply. Booo

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Lilly, Colleges, anything DHS or .gov secured, anything involving a Port

Assuming the private facility exemption is defined as I already posted, the only possible way Lilly could be included in this is if they fall under,
    (A) subject to the United States Department of Homeland Security's Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards
    Which is a possibility but I have no idea if they do.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Assuming the private facility exemption is defined as I already posted, the only possible way Lilly could be included in this is if they fall under,

Which is a possibility but I have no idea if they do.

(A) subject to the United States Department of Homeland Security's Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards
    issued April 9, 2007; and
    (B) licensed by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission under Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations;

Yes building 32 at the INDY technology center has a large amount of cheicals that if allowed to get into the air can take out 50% of indy quickly. Even corporrate center has radiation places and some research areas that contain some nasty stuff.

If you have enough money and a few law makers in your pocket you can get your own exemption to any law.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    How did they know there were firearms in the vehicles of the employees that were terminated? Are these people just leaving them out in the open? What am I missing here?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Need to be better at hiding them or find the rat that is dropping dime on you all. There has to be a reason they target certain people and the reason is usually a snake.

Rock99and9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    My fellow employee's and I were told our company was exempt from this law two fold when questioned about a new "company policy" stating employee's were subject to termination if weapons or ammunition were found on their persons or vehicles on company property. First they were classified secured because key-cards were required to enter the facility. And they were based out of another state and thus exempt from the Indiana "Law".

We pointed out right away that the parking lot was city owned, not the companies. HR lady actually scratched head when this was pointed out. Then told us we were more than welcome to contact corporate legal if we needed clarification. Which was done and we were told the policy would be amended in it's next printing.

I no longer work there, this was just one reason out of more than enough to separate my self from this type of company.

Does anyone remember when Human Resources was called Personnel Department and they actually worked for the worker?

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    "Private Secure Facility" is a type of license issued by the Indiana Department of Child Services for secure facilities serving troubled youth who meet the criteria of being dangerous to themselves or others.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Fedex used to prohibit firearms in their off-airport parking lot, claiming they could do so because their facility was on-airport. I wonder if they're still trying to get away with that.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    They were searching employes cars

As stated before, they can terminate your employment for whatever reason they want, but why'd they let them into their vehicles? Is that in this companies handbook that the employees must submit to vehicle searches? I guess the outcome is the same, but I'd get fired telling them to go to hell when they told me to unlock the car. Gun inside or not. Guess I need to take a harder look at my employee handbook?

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Quick question. The only references to "private secure facility" I can find on google and in the IC refer to basically juvenile detention centers. Is that the same definition they're using here? Or is it something different?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Fedex used to prohibit firearms in their off-airport parking lot, claiming they could do so because their facility was on-airport. I wonder if they're still trying to get away with that.

I believe the fact that they have government oversight due to the planes allows them to keep this policy. I was thinking about this as well, being a former employee of theirs.

Quick question. The only references to "private secure facility" I can find on google and in the IC refer to basically juvenile detention centers. Is that the same definition they're using here? Or is it something different?
    It's not very clear but I assume that is what they are referring to.

Colleges??????????
    State law allows public universities to create their own policies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    IC 35-28-7-2 look into it and call Guy Relford, and tell security to **** off if they demand to search your vehicle, I only let the police do that with damn good reason.

Mill policy is if it is on their property, they can search it.
    Refusal to allow a search, is grounds for immediate dismissal.
    They randomly search cars going in and out of the facility.
    Cars parked on the outside of the fence (but still on property) are subject to search, but rarely are. However, if a guard notices a cooler (could be alcohol), or any gun/ammunition accessories; they will call you to search.
    If you are removed from the plant, they may search your car.

My fellow employee's and I were told our company was exempt from this law two fold when questioned about a new "company policy" stating employee's were subject to termination if weapons or ammunition were found on their persons or vehicles on company property. First they were classified secured because key-cards were required to enter the facility. And they were based out of another state and thus exempt from the Indiana "Law".

We pointed out right away that the parking lot was city owned, not the companies. HR lady actually scratched head when this was pointed out. Then told us we were more than welcome to contact corporate legal if we needed clarification. Which was done and we were told the policy would be amended in it's next printing.

I no longer work there, this was just one reason out of more than enough to separate my self from this type of company.

Does anyone remember when Human Resources was called Personnel Department and they actually worked for the worker?

Because they say they are exempt, does not mean they are exempt. But I would be sure first. And, it has been mentioned, they can fire you over it, and blame it on something else.
    Because they are not based in Indiana. B stinking S. If they come from a state where murder is legal, and they murder someone here, they will be prosecuted. If the plant is here, it must follow Indiana, local, and federal laws and guidelines.

As stated before, they can terminate your employment for whatever reason they want, but why'd they let them into their vehicles? Is that in this companies handbook that the employees must submit to vehicle searches? I guess the outcome is the same, but I'd get fired telling them to go to hell when they told me to unlock the car. Gun inside or not. Guess I need to take a harder look at my employee handbook?

Reasons stated why they are allowed to search by employees.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My problem is I'm trying to find the Dept. Homeland Security Regs that deal with places like Steel Mill, Elecrical Generating Facilities, and other facilites that are exempt.
    I would like to find out about the parking lots.

wolfy2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To say that giving up my right to defend myself is a term of my employment is- well &%$67. At one time at my place of employment you checked your carry at the guard shack. Bothers quite a few that we can not carry on the job. It is their property. That being said. If an employee gets jacked on the way to or from work is the company liable? It is against the law to murder-but not to kill. The tool can do nothing with out the operator.

Top Bottom