• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I know someone who was working as a security guard at a local warehouse. He was issued a firearm by the company but he decided to also carry a backup, his personal gun, in an ankle holster.

The company somehow foundout and fired him for that.

I can only scratch my head on that one.

I can address that. My late father was a special deputy working for a private security company. Company policy said ANY firearms he carried must be approved by his supervisor AND he had to qualify with said firearm before he could carry it on duty.

And he did just that. He told his boss he wanted to carry his .380 as "Plan B", it was inspected, registered in his file, and approved (just like his service weapon), and a couple weeks later he went to the range with that month's new hires and those doing their annual qualifications. The following day he was carrying a backup weapon.

Sounds like your buddy just didn't follow proper protocols. (as stupid as they may appear on the surface)

Also, I'm getting a kick out of this thread. I'm lucky enough to work for a company that actually amended the employee handbook to tell us outright that we were specifically allowed to follow the law as written! So its not just law, but also company policy. ROCKIN!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom