• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Did a post get deleted? I didn't see anything between the "meat and potatoes" plea and the lock that I think would necessitate a lock. I'm just trying to figure out where the line is for meat and potatoes.
    I believe it was getting heated, and nobody on staff wanted to stay awake all night to babysit us. So it was locked before it got out of control.

Now the pool is back open now that the lifeguards are on duty. LOL

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To be clear, the question before the court wasn't "Is Obamacare constitutional?" it was "Does the non-participation penalty amount to a tax?" to which Roberts agreed, yes it amounts to a tax and that is within Congress's authority to legislate and regulate. Not defending Roberts or his judgements but he is very specific and narrow in the scope of his judicial opinions. Just like this topic needs to stay between the lines he stays within the scope of the argument before his court and not make broad sweeping legislation from the bench. Probably how we ended up here anyway, he's never supported an activist court so this is one occasion where he has an opportunity to reverse a former activist court's ruling.
    The way I recall it, it was a question of whether congress had the power to enact all the provisions of Obamacare. It was more than the penalty in question. In the decision some parts of Obamacare were stricken. But the penalty, was ruled to be a tax, and thus upheld.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I believe it was getting heated, and nobody on staff wanted to stay awake all night to babysit us. So it was locked before it got out of control.

Nevermind. Post #128 explains it.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

I got kind of worried when I saw it was locked after my post, and I was like, “Man, that one’s not even really juicy at all, it’s just, like, kind of a good point” and CM’s all like:

1651667016048.gif

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    And I think one or more posts were deleted as there's a quote with a broken link. So mods scrubbed the offending post(s) and locked the thread for the night.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Don't pee in the pool.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Correct....also Judge Roberts also said Obama Care was Unconstitutional in all his writings, drafts and opinion pieces. Then on the day of judgement he changed his mind and voted for Obama Care.

The same thing can happen here also. With this SCOTUS I wouldn't be surprised if 2 of the 3 Trump judges did a flip flop right along with Roberts also. Nobody knows....I know Roberts doesn't know.
    I think the five justices should sign and release it as is, immediately, solely as a rebuke to the traitors in the staff and the ideologues in the public who think the court is just another group of politicians they can bully and intimidate. Send the message that screwing with the process immediately leads to the worst outcome for you.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did a post get deleted? I didn't see anything between the "meat and potatoes" plea and the lock that I think would necessitate a lock. I'm just trying to figure out where the line is for meat and potatoes.
    CM was TCB in the late PM early AM. I just piggy backed his concerns.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I wouldn’t put it past the Biden Administration to use this leak and scare tactics as their excuse to “pack the court” with activist judges. That might be the end game for their power grab. If they lose control of the House and Senate in the midterms but control the Presidency and SCOTUS they still control the balance of power and could revise the constitution as they wish.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn’t put it past the Biden Administration to use this leak and scare tactics as their excuse to “pack the court” with activist judges. That might be the end game for their power grab. If they lose control of the House and Senate in the midterms but control the Presidency and SCOTUS they still control the balance of power and could revise the constitution as they wish.
    I was thinking similar.

All part of their plan possibly.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I think one or more posts were deleted as there's a quote with a broken link. So mods scrubbed the offending post(s) and locked the thread for the night.
    I think one of mine was scrubbed. Or maybe I didnt hit send before the lock? and didnt notice? I could swear I responded regarding the whores comment that not all women that get them are whores and that it was a poke at those who use the procedure as birth control.

Not something to get upset over if it was scrubbed. :dunno:

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I think the five justices should sign and release it as is, immediately, solely as a rebuke to the traitors in the staff and the ideologues in the public who think the court is just another group of politicians they can bully and intimidate. Send the message that screwing with the process immediately leads to the worst outcome for you.
    I like the intent but if the shoe was in the other foot it wouldn't be the same. Nevertheless, I think the strongest message is to stay the course and demonstrate that the court is not going to be influenced or intimidated by such tactics.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Correct....also Judge Roberts also said Obama Care was Unconstitutional in all his writings, drafts and opinion pieces. Then on the day of judgement he changed his mind and voted for Obama Care.

The same thing can happen here also. With this SCOTUS I wouldn't be surprised if 2 of the 3 Trump judges did a flip flop right along with Roberts also. Nobody knows....I know Roberts doesn't know.
    Makes you wonder what they offered for his vote. Follow the money uh power uh
    Well you get it right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think one of mine was scrubbed. Or maybe I didnt hit send before the lock? and didnt notice? I could swear I responded regarding the whores comment that not all women that get them are whores and that it was a poke at those who use the procedure as birth control.

Not something to get upset over if it was scrubbed. :dunno:
    It was continued argument after a post asking it stop.
    :popcorn:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    This poop storm is gonna get bad if this gets overturned.
    (and I hope it does)

IMHO... it should be overturned. It should be a states rights thing.

However, I'm guessing that with the incoming idiot not even being able to say what a woman IS, then women's rights will never again be safe in the SCOTUS, so they must have figured out it was now, or never.

Of course, then some leftist leaked it out just in time for the summer riot season. (and the mid-terms)

Just last night, my own green haired leftist daughter posted on bookface that if it gets overturned she was gonna start setting things on fire. She has said other inflammatory violent things before. I have (had) a S&W model 10 here at the house for her she picked out as a graduation present for when she finishes Ball State... Guess who I think isn't mature enough for a firearm? It will be for sale here on INGO soon.

Point is, It's gonna get real sporty down here.

It's getting pretty sporty down here.jpg

Top Bottom