• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...As for Indiana, the safe bet is always milquetoast RINOisms. I sincerely doubt any kind of total ban makes it through the legislature.

And, after all, the absolute worst case is Illinois raids the taxpayer coffers to build a whole line of no-questions abortion clinics right along the state border.
    I can actually foresee the possibility of a different outcome. From what I can see of the milquetoast RINOs, they're quite happy to demagogue on Pro-Life positions, because it doesn't (currently) upset any of their corporate donors. It gets their Fundamentalist base all worked up to vote, while not drawing any pushback from the Money Guys. But that's in an environment where RvW pretty much absolves them of ever having to handle the issue. Now that the perceived security-blankie of Roe v. Wade is being stripped away, and there's a chance of them actually needing to _deliver_ on something, that could change and they might get cold feet. Especially if the Eli Lillies and Roches and Salesforces and Big Downtown Law Firms start pushing back. It will really depend on whether or not the Social Media Mob is successful in pushing companies to join their outrage parade.

But I think/hope this is an opportunity for these corporations to step back, reassess the stickiness of getting involved in these unresolved social issues, and maybe, for once, say, "You know what? Many people feel many different ways on this, and we just don't particularly see the need for The Corporation to take a position on this issue at this time." That could be huge. The Outrage Squad would scream themselves into a little puddle of butt-sweat if Corporate America couldn't be coerced into joining their fight.

If Corporate America stayed neutral, I could absolutely see legislatures like Indiana's putting in a fairly strong anti-abortion law. But that's a huge "If." We are in a political moment now which is very much like the one when companies ceased political donations after the Jan. 6 riots. They are going to have to decide what their position is on this. Corporations are the weakest link of modern society when it comes to social issues, and liberals know that. If corporations cave, it will probably go down much like you describe.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sorry, not giving out names.

Besides, I already reported her myself. (nothing)

I've got all kinds of 10 day, and 30 vacations for memes... some that I simply shared... Then again, I'm a racist, bigot, homophobe, old white man, conservative. Being lgbt, she's a protected species.
    I didn’t actually want her name. That’s why I used purple.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry, not giving out names.

Besides, I already reported her myself. (nothing)

I've got all kinds of 10 day, and 30 vacations for memes... some that I simply shared... Then again, I'm a racist, bigot, homophobe, old white man, conservative. Being lgbt, she's a protected species.
    I was banned from a 1911 forum over there. Wow.
    Several short and a couple of 30 day vacations for stomping on snowflakes and inciting Karens to cry.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I can actually foresee the possibility of a different outcome. From what I can see of the milquetoast RINOs, they're quite happy to demagogue on Pro-Life positions, because it doesn't (currently) upset any of their corporate donors. It gets their Fundamentalist base all worked up to vote, while not drawing any pushback from the Money Guys. But that's in an environment where RvW pretty much absolves them of ever having to handle the issue. Now that the perceived security-blankie of Roe v. Wade is being stripped away, and there's a chance of them actually needing to _deliver_ on something, that could change and they might get cold feet. Especially if the Eli Lillies and Roches and Salesforces and Big Downtown Law Firms start pushing back. It will really depend on whether or not the Social Media Mob is successful in pushing companies to join their outrage parade.

But I think/hope this is an opportunity for these corporations to step back, reassess the stickiness of getting involved in these unresolved social issues, and maybe, for once, say, "You know what? Many people feel many different ways on this, and we just don't particularly see the need for The Corporation to take a position on this issue at this time." That could be huge. The Outrage Squad would scream themselves into a little puddle of butt-sweat if Corporate America couldn't be coerced into joining their fight.

If Corporate America stayed neutral, I could absolutely see legislatures like Indiana's putting in a fairly strong anti-abortion law. But that's a huge "If." We are in a political moment now which is very much like the one when companies ceased political donations after the Jan. 6 riots. They are going to have to decide what their position is on this. Corporations are the weakest link of modern society when it comes to social issues, and liberals know that. If corporations cave, it will probably go down much like you describe.
    Ironic how the ones who hate The Corp are using them.

This is also an opportunity for independents/libertarians to point out the weakness of the rinos, when they lose this security blanket, and move forward.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    His name was on the Lolita Express list.
    A "John Roberts" was on that list, yes. As far as I know, the specific holder of that name has not been corroborated. So, it could be him, but also could be some other "John Roberts".

There have been many rumors about what the Cabal has on CJ John Roberts.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Like they thought impeaching Trump was going to put Hillary in the White House.
    That crazy exists at both ends. Every few weeks, I see something pop on on Twitter about how any day now, Biden is going to be "removed" from office, and Trump is going to be "installed". Just like, back in the day, the same people were the ones claiming that Obama was going to be "removed" over a birth certificate. (Uh, folks: that's not how any of this works. There are no constitutionally defined mechanisms to "remove" a sitting president on such grounds.)

A whole bunch of people would benefit from a remedial Civics class... if that is even taught anymore.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Let's say what is in the leaked draft becomes the final opinion, which is NOT banning Abortion, it is to let each individual state to decide what they want to do with abortion.

Can we agree on that?

Now, what do you expect the super Republican majority in the state of Indiana, what the governor and the legislators gonna do, realistically?
    You mean, the state where it took a decade or so for that super-majority to get constitutional carry pushed through the governor's desk?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

This is kinda what I meant. The calculus is different now that something could actually happen. Like the dog that barks like mad through the fence but suddenly pipes down when the gate is open, the GOP will probably get cold feet when it's not just pointless posturing anymore.

And, yes, because we live in the woke's horizontal revolution, those companies are absolutely going to throw their weight around and will not be keeping quiet. They don't know how to stay out of it anymore, they simply have too many ideological infiltrators.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A "John Roberts" was on that list, yes. As far as I know, the specific holder of that name has not been corroborated. So, it could be him, but also could be some other "John Roberts".

There have been many rumors about what the Cabal has on CJ John Roberts.
    Oh. It’s a common name for sure. I’m just sayin’.

To be on that list, you have to be rich and influential. It’s not just any old John Roberts.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    That crazy exists at both ends. Every few weeks, I see something pop on on Twitter about how any day now, Biden is going to be "removed" from office, and Trump is going to be "installed". Just like, back in the day, the same people were the ones claiming that Obama was going to be "removed" over a birth certificate. (Uh, folks: that's not how any of this works. There are no constitutionally defined mechanisms to "remove" a sitting president on such grounds.)

A whole bunch of people would benefit from a remedial Civics class... if that is even taught anymore.
    Civics class was replaced with gender studies

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Yes, there is. On Guy's show last week, he was talking about organization(s) out there now telling people certain incumbent legislators are going to try and water down the recently passed CC bill before it can be enacted--just to make challengers seem more conservative.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes, there is. On Guy's show last week, he was talking about organization(s) out there now telling people certain incumbent legislators are going to try and water down the recently passed CC bill before it can be enacted--just to make challengers seem more conservative.
    That would be a neat trick with them not being in session between now and July 1st.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

People would benefit from being forced to remove their head from the echo chamber. This is more about the dopamine hit addiction, people just went down a certain path and now they’re stuck, as opposed to being honestly civic minded.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom