• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If any conservative justice dies - by any means - in the next 6 weeks, there is at least a decent chance overturning RvW does not happen.

But if they waited until June for it to be announced...it's a done deal.

Given that, it's a wonder it took this long to leak. I'm surprised it wasn't done weeks ago. This is the Left's only remaining chance to affect the outcome.
    I've seen a number of people suggesting the remedy to this leakage now that it's been leaked is to fast track a decision before the ground swell gains momentum.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Imagine, if you will, a central state constrained to those powers delegated to it by sovereign states.

Imagine further, sovereign states constrained to those powers delegated to them by sovereign individuals.

Imagine even further, the individual right for one to be left alone.
    You'll have to imagine it because it doesn't exist and never has existed.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    This utopia has never existed in any practical sense.
    It would be arguing about a "potentially, approximately" 60 year period in American history, after slavery was abolished, and before the government got massive. Even less, if you narrow it to when women were allowed to vote. That cuts it down to quite a short period indeed. It's an interesting parlor argument. I tend to agree with you, but am not interested enough to research that gap in time. I've heard some Victorian conservative types argue that the 1930s in America were actually utopia. But these are the same people who think we'd be better off if WW2 never happened, robber barons were still in control, etc. I'm no Bernie, but my ancestors were living in a coal camp at that time, being paid in company scrip, and in at least one case being beaten to death by company thugs. I do not find the George Will "1930s Were Utopia" argument overly convincing.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    If any conservative justice dies - by any means - in the next 6 weeks, there is at least a decent chance overturning RvW does not happen.

But if they waited until June for it to be announced...it's a done deal.

Given that, it's a wonder it took this long to leak. I'm surprised it wasn't done weeks ago. This is the Left's only remaining chance to affect the outcome.
    Can't imagine any SCOTUS Justice not have US Marshals Service security. I know Raylon Givens was a fictional character, but they gotta have one something like that. Send the ones who wear Stetsons and who are really good shots.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Any ruling other than exactly what was laid out in the leaked draft would have to be suspect, now that everyone from the president to majority leaders to any number of militant dems have threatened the justices.

Pretty sure the justices have great security, but that security only goes so far. Lotta family and loved ones out beyond the coverage.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Just last night, my own green haired leftist daughter posted on bookface that if it gets overturned she was gonna start setting things on fire. She has said other inflammatory violent things before.
    What’s her name? Since I was banned for talking about shooting coyotes, I want to report her and see if they do anything about it.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    What’s her name? Since I was banned for talking about shooting coyotes, I want to report her and see if they do anything about it.

Sorry, not giving out names.

Besides, I already reported her myself. (nothing)

I've got all kinds of 10 day, and 30 vacations for memes... some that I simply shared... Then again, I'm a racist, bigot, homophobe, old white man, conservative. Being lgbt, she's a protected species.

Top Bottom