• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are the one that brought up some utopia and what one "thinks existed".

I simply asked if you are a slave.
    Didn't the Trail of Tears, our own personal Bataan, happen during what you consider the 'golden years' of the United States?

Was it OK to forcibly relocate 60000 people who were most certainly US citizens?

From the Greek city states until the present, power is never constrained by agreements but rather by sufficient force gathered by the parties to the agreement

I believe we will not learn to live together in peace and harmony until the return of Christ, it just isn't in us as the fallen beings we are

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Any ruling other than exactly what was laid out in the leaked draft would have to be suspect, now that everyone from the president to majority leaders to any number of militant dems have threatened the justices.

Pretty sure the justices have great security, but that security only goes so far. Lotta family and loved ones out beyond the coverage.

All the better to make them see the limits of protection outsourced to others and the brilliance of the 2A

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Didn't the Trail of Tears, our own personal Bataan, happen during what you consider the 'golden years' of the United States?

Was it OK to forcibly relocate 60000 people who were most certainly US citizens?

From the Greek city states until the present, power is never constrained by agreements but rather by sufficient force gathered by the parties to the agreement

I believe we will not learn to live together in peace and harmony until the return of Christ, it just isn't in us as the fallen beings we are
    There is not and never will be a utopia. We are not capable of this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is kinda what I meant. The calculus is different now that something could actually happen. Like the dog that barks like mad through the fence but suddenly pipes down when the gate is open, the GOP will probably get cold feet when it's not just pointless posturing anymore.
    This is from a speech McConnell gave about what would happen if the Democrats did away with the filibuster

How many of us think the republicans should be working every day to do these things rather than just threaten them solely as some sort of scorched earth revenge for changing The Turtle's precious institution

McConnell concluded by reminding Democrats that several years ago he warned them that they would regret eliminating the filibuster for judicial nominees and that after former President Donald Trump got to select three Supreme Court justices that many of them did end up regretting it.

“Touching the hot stove again would yield the same result. But even more dramatic,” McConnell said. “As soon as Republicans wound up back in the saddle, we wouldn’t just erase every liberal change that hurt the country. We’d strengthen America with all kinds of conservative policies with zero—zero—input from the other side.”

McConnell listed the following things that Republicans will do the moment they regain control of the federal government:

Nationwide right-to-work for working Americans.
    Defunding Planned Parenthood and sanctuary cities on day one.
    A whole new era of domestic energy production.
    Sweeping new protections for conscience and the right to life of the unborn.
    Concealed-carry reciprocity in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
    Massive hardening of security on our southern border.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This is from a speech McConnell gave about what would happen if the Democrats did away with the filibuster

How many of us think the republicans should be working every day to do these things rather than just threaten them solely as some sort of scorched earth revenge for changing The Turtle's precious institution
    Well yeah but the reality is they can't really do jack without, at least, control of the agenda and the rules. They're pretty much locked out at present, as far as actually doing anything.

My issue is when they get in a position to do something and either do nothing or prioritize dumb things.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Yet another example of the central state infringing upon the natural right of the individual to be left alone...that's my point.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yet another example of the central state infringing upon the natural right of the individual to be left alone...that's my point.
    Jamil said you'll have to imagine, because that condition never existed.

You said false.

So then it was your turn to point out when America was "that country."

You dodged with some Kut-like "are you a slave" rhetorical questioning, but so far, we're still waiting for the details.

This is good-natured and I'd really like to hear you...you know...be more like Big Red. Because the more I have my eyes opened, I don't really think America was ever that place. I mean, we tried, so I'm not all "CRT" and stuff. I think we're a pretty good place. But I'm not sure we ever quite hit the mark.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Jamil said you'll have to imagine, because that condition never existed.

You said false.

So then it was your turn to point out when America was "that country."

You dodged with some Kut-like "are you a slave" rhetorical questioning, but so far, we're still waiting for the details.

This is good-natured and I'd really like to hear you...you know...be more like Big Red. Because the more I have my eyes opened, I don't really think America was ever that place. I mean, we tried, so I'm not all "CRT" and stuff. I think we're a pretty good place. But I'm not sure we ever quite hit the mark.

Fair enough.

I'll go with 04.19.1775.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Top Bottom