• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    NRA B-2 & B-3 targets at 50 feet. 30 shot course (most people bring 60 rounds and get in two courses during their half-hour of range time). Each course is 10 shots slow fire, 10 shots "timed" fire (one minute), and 10 shots "rapid" fire with two 5-shot strings in 10 seconds each (this allows people with revolvers and single-stack guns with < 10 round mags to be able to play on equal footing).

The range officer times the strings with a whistle, but your score is a point total off the scoring rings, not an elapsed time. It approximates the Camp Perry style National Match Course, except people are allowed to shoot with two hands, optics, whatever. You don't have to be the fastest, it's really an accuracy game. A common choice is to bring one centerfire and one rimfire gun and shoot a 30 shot course with each, but folks seem to shoot the best scores with their target .22 with a red dot.

Hope that helps. It's a good time & we'd love to get more folks out, the more the merrier! Every Tuesday night at 6, 6:30, and 7PM. Just show up at the range counter at the back of BGF and say you want to shoot the league. Sign in, you'll give them your driver's license and be assigned a firing point, get your targets and head out to the line (there is a one-time waiver form if you've never shot there before).

And don't forget to pick up your DL on the way out...(don't ask me why I say that - I'd forget my own wedding if there was shooting involved).

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    So what does a person have to do, just show up? Sorry I didn't go back and reread the entire thread. Once a month?

Show up with any gun, rifle, pistol or revolver, any caliber and 30 rounds of ammo.
    Of course it stands to reason that rifles do not compete against handguns but if there are more than one shooter using rifles they would only compete against each other. So far that hasn't happened.
    So far only one prize has been offered each week for handgun competition.
    We like to keep it simple and fun for everyone.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have shot several 1 shot 1/2" groups with it but I think I'll not use that :)

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi everybody;

We had a good shooting match tonight. Ruth and Matt Williams were back tonight, we were glad to see them again.
    We also had two new shooters with us, Allen M and Scott Whittenburg and we're glad to have you shoot with us.

Rob Voland took top honors tonight with a 250-2X in .22 and 194.2X in 9mm
    Allen M shot a 241 and a 205 in .45 ACP
    Ruth Williams shot a 225-1X in .22LR
    Scott Whittenburg shot a 216-1X in .22LR pistol and a 256 in .22LR rifle.
    Matt Williams shot a 148-2X in .22LR

Good shooting everybody, see you next week.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks for putting this on. I had a lot of fun and will be back. That was my first time for doing that and my first visit to BGF. Must say thats a first class shop and indoor range

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    Hi everybody;

We had a good shooting match tonight. Ruth and Matt Williams were back tonight, we were glad to see them again.
    We also had two new shooters with us, and we're glad to have you shoot with us.

Good shooting everybody, see you next week.

I planned to be there and give it a try, but I had to stay home and wait on a repairman that was running late.
    I'll have to wait until January now.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi everybody;
    I checked with BGF&R about their hours for New Years Eve (Tuesday evening) and Karen said they would have regular hours BUT! It has been so crowded in both the store and the range this week that I thought it might be better to just wait untill the following Tuesday, January 7, 2014 for our next match. Hope this is OK with everybody, it's just been crazy busy.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi guys and girls.
    Hey, wth the weather being what it is I'm not sure if the range will even be open on Tuesday 1/7/14 so let's just hold off untill 1/14/14 for our nrxt match. Sorry.

Top Bottom