• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    OK everyone I went to the range and looked for Jennifer's targets but didn't find any so I asked Gary and he had no idea where they could be so I don't know what to do at this point.
    I think I remember one of her scores being a 167 in .22 cal. but I'm not sure.
    If Jennifer or someone who knows her can get on here and let us know I would appreciate it.
    I think someone helped by scoring her targets for her.

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    OK everyone I went to the range and looked for Jennifer's targets but didn't find any so I asked Gary and he had no idea where they could be so I don't know what to do at this point.
    I think I remember one of her scores being a 167 in .22 cal. but I'm not sure.
    If Jennifer or someone who knows her can get on here and let us know I would appreciate it.
    I think someone helped by scoring her targets for her.
    If I'm not mistaken I think David was helping her.

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Hmm... I would probably stop shooting. My experience with formal style is it would be too restrictive for what this has evolved into. We are just beginning to get a steady group of participants. If we go formal the sudden addition of the rules and restrictions may discourage the shooters we have acquired.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hmm... I would probably stop shooting. My experience with formal style is it would be too restrictive for what this has evolved into. We are just beginning to get a steady group of participants. If we go formal the sudden addition of the rules and restrictions may discourage the shooters we have acquired.

Fear not, if we did it would be in addition too, not in place of the current way we have it and it would probably be on a different night also.
    The current shoot is for as I said "Fun and fellowship and to learn". NRA sanctioned matches are more formal and restrictive and would be run differently. Now we could do it but there would have to be much more interest in it to get one started.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I think the real obstacle to NRA shooting is that many people aren't interested in learning to shoot one-handed. Heck, it's hard enough of a soul-crusher for most of us to have to shoot on targets that have scoring rings and point-values, instead of just going "clank"...

One good thing, though, is that since we went to the 5-shot/10-second strings, the time limits of the "rapid" fire are the same as for NRA style bullseye shooting. So if anybody got interested enough to try the one-hand target shooting challenge, they are already used to the time limits. (The time allocation of the 5-shot/20-second strings is slightly different from our 10-shot/60-second strings, but not enough to matter).

Other than that, the "rules and restrictions" don't really amount to much. NRA allows red-dots, and the rules allow down to a 2lb. trigger, which is lighter than most any stock .22 being produced. What the average shooter already owns is legal, and what the most advanced competitor has is not really as much better as you might think (far less of an equipment race than you might see in USPSA, for example). The way the match is run is the same. Having scoring rings with time limits is really the big step up for most casual shooters. Once you have that down, the rest is cake.

I don't think NRA-style would work for our group, because there are many weeks we didn't have more than a handful of shooters, and that's without the challenge of shooting one-handed. But if anyone did want to try the outdoor matches at MCF&G starting in April, shooting the Beech Grove League would be a great intro activity, because it gets you accustomed to the same targets, range commands, approximate time limits, etc. (For bang-and-clank shooters, shooting paper targets under time limits can also really show you a lot of info about your technique).

I could be wrong, of course. Is anyone familiar with how they do it at Highsmith Guns in Greenfield? I heard they're having 60-shot NRA registered bullseye on some weeknight in winter, but I've never been so I don't know if they've had good turnout or not.

Last edited:

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    I agree twangbanger we are adapting more to the time comparison, but bullseye is rim fire against rimfire, center fire to center fire ; revo vs revo right? As it might grow the turnout it might discourage the people we have. Besides you stomp me every time you show up. :): other than that side note, i rather enjoy how we have been a " first step" into shooting sports for new shooters. Either way we can always ask. Hell, the devil hates a coward.

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    2/18/14
    Well I hope we all had another fun night tonight. I would like to welcome a new shooter tonight, Kevin Poe. Always nice to see a new face come in and join us. Expecially when invited by word of mouth. That is one of the best ways to expand our participants. Well now onto the scores

David Hershey is first tonight with a score of 234 in 45.25 and 222 in 22 caliber
    John Wilson next with 205 in 22 caliber and 170 in 9mm
    Kevin Poe with 193 and 117 in 22 caliber
    Jeremy Hinds had a 172 and 130 in 9mm ( quite the accomplishment considering he was shooting a single action revolver)
    Wallace Pulley a 154 and 145 in 9mm
    Jennifer Sexton shot a 109 and 69 in 22 caliber
    Bob Be me shot a 103 and 60 in 380 app

Congrats to all!!!
    Hope to see you all next week

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi Guys and Gals.

There was quite a large growd at the range again tonight, the lanes were all full when I got there at 5:45pm and the showroom had quite a few people looking over the guns and supplies so it was very busy for the employees.

Ruth Williams was able to join us again tonight, she's been real busy.

John Wilson was our winner tonight with a score of
    251-2X in 9mm and a 211-1X in .22 cal.

Ruth Williams shot a 194 in .22 cal.

David Hersh shot a 186-6X in .38cal. and a 152 in .45 cal.

Paul Stroud shot 172 and a 161 in 9mm.

Jennifer Sexton shot a 163-1X and 143-1X in .22 cal.

Pepper Jackson shot a 154 and 127 in 9mm
    and
    Bob Behme shot a 149 and 147 in 9mm

Good job everybody see you next week.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi everybody;
    Well we had another great night tonight, the range was full but we were able to get all of our lanes together so we were not spread out all over the place and everything went very well.
    We were sorry Jennifer was unable to join us tonight, she was unable to get a baby sitter. But maybe next week.

Rob Voland was our winner tonight shooting a 235 in .22 cal. and a 193 in .45.

Ruth Williams was second with a 220-2X and a 194 in .22 cal., way to go Ruth, your getting better.

Pepper Jackson shot a 195-1X and a 120-1X in 9mm.

Kevin Poe shot a 187-1X and 167-1X in .22 cal.

David Hearsh shot a 186-1X in .38 cal. and a 1

John Wilson shot a 172 in 9mm and a 156 in .40 cal.

Wallace Pulley shot a 171 and 168 in 9mm.

Bob Behme shot a 145 and 139 in 9mm.
    and
    Matt Williams shot a 113 and a 66 in .22 cal.

Great job everybody and have a great week, Spring is a coming.

Last edited:

wkpjci

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Lol. Dan I have only shot a 22 cal twice. I used a 9mm. Hopefully I'd shoot better with a 22 than a 168 and 171.
    Another great night spent with good people. (Except that "pepper jackson" fellow, what a tool. Lol.)

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi Guys and Gals.

We had another great night tonight, always fun to have a reason to shoot.

We had nine shooters and they all said they had a good time.

Allen Moore was the winner with a score of 238 and 225 in .45 cal.

Kevin Poe shot a 214 in.22 and 92 in.45.

Rob Voland shot 203 in 9mm and 178 in.45

John Wilson shot 168 in 9mm and 144-1X in.40.

David Hersh shot 135 in .45 and 129 in .38.

Pepper Jackson shot a 134-1X and 133-1X in 9mm.

Bob Behme shot a 101 and a 94 in 9mm.

Wallace Pulley shot a 151 and 135 in 9mm.
    and
    P.M. Spalding shot a 75 and 38 in 9mm.

Great job everybody, see you all next week.

As a point of interest I happened to see a fully engraved Browning, Citori O/U 12 gauge shotgun in the rack on consignment tonight for the low, low price of $10,000.00 which is odd because I didn't see any on Gun Broker for over $3,000.00, but hey, who am I to say.

Take it easy in the snow and ice tomorrow.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Just as a word... it was only my 3rd time ever shooting the m9. I did AWFUL!!!! I plan on doing each one of my handguns for a month straight at the league. Its was funny, I was conversing with pepper, I'm am a much better combat shooter. 90% of all my points were from the fast fire 5shot reload 5shot haha. Had an excellent first time! Can't wait to use the p226 (what I'm really proficient with at bills eye). The standard single dot rest sight m9 sights just don't work well for me!

See you all next week, hopefully with some progress and a better slow shot score!

Top Bottom