• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Beaver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Imagine the apocalypse occurring however you like: zombies, flooding, meteor impact, gamma burst, nuclear war, or all of the above. Modern manufacturing and machining of weapons is impossible from this point onward.

Assuming this much what, in your opinion, is likely to be the last functional pre-apocalypse firearm?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Cz 75 of course. It was apocalypse tested by NATO. It will misfire after a megaton direct hit from a nuke. According to Cz, this can be fixed by reoiling the weapon (after it loses its radioactivity). Expect to wait 150,000 yrs. Or just wear a lead glove and rebreather. No other weapon can make this claim. Any questions?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    My second choice

Trebuchet.jpg

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I wont need any guns because I will be the only living thing around...so what am I gonna shoot at? :D

Once the nukes consume all the oxygen...a gun will be useless since it wont fire without oxygen anyway.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I would think most guns would still function ok, its the supply of ammo that would run out first. Probably be a lot of worthless functioning guns once the ammo supply starts running out.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I wont need any guns because I will be the only living thing around...so what am I gonna shoot at? :D

Once the nukes consume all the oxygen...a gun will be useless since it wont fire without oxygen anyway.

You might want to rethink that. A gun will fire in a vacuum, propellants make their oxygen.

mjelder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    West lafayette/Columbus
    I can't believe it took someone two pages to say the word Glock. He means what is going to be the gun to outlast every other one no matter what. An AK wouldn't be bad, but you have to think about long tern durability and the ability to last forever and not break or need that much maintenance. I would definitely take a mosin. That thing will never fail on you. I'm not sure about a glock. I know they fire forever but I think i would break the polymer lower somewhere along the way in the way in the apocalypse. This would make me want to choose a revolver, something else that will always fire one way or another. I don't have a lot of experience with them, but I hear the gp100 will fire until the end of time itsself. You can't be thinking about 10/22s or berettas. Those guns will inevitably fail and long after they are pitted, rusted and broken, a mosin and a revolver will continue to do their job.

Top Bottom