• ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Holy Cow! :wrongdoor:
    My first thought: I stumbled into some weird cyber parallel universe and didn't actually log into INGO.
    My second thought: Ladies, put on your big girl panties and focus on the main point of the post...there is a contract in play. The beauty of having a contract is that it spells out every expectation of the landlord and tenant. We as a whole (for lack of a dictionary specifying what terms are appropriate in which to refer to a group of individuals involved in a discussion on an internet forum) do not have access to the document this tenant signed.
    My third thought: Wow, I don't watch many movies because I didn't get the reference but I do "get it".
    My fourth thought: I think I'll go back to lurking. The landlord is a prick but then again the tenant might be one to, no way to tell and there's usually more to the story than the news wants to cover or the tenant wanted to share 'cause that baby didn't make itself and that chick didn't get married yesterday...or did she...:shady:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    In the world of internet discussions, the importance of any rule of law or contract pales in comparison to the story's "first glance" aspect.

The 1-percenters in that world are the ones who read on past the first fifty words.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I called my son in to read the OP's post. For those of you who don't know my son, he's 24 years old and has been diagnosed with Aspergers and cerebral palsy. I asked him to read the post and tell me his thoughts. After a minute of thought. My son hands back the iPhone and says that the landlord is an *******! I then asked him if the title of the post offended him. He replied that he does not know the OP so he doesn't know his intent. I then asked him if the word " retard" is offensive? Now, I asked him this knowing that his whole life has been full of name calling. He took a moment to think, he said it makes him feel uncomfortable. If he's walking and he hears it being used he said he automatically feels that they are talking about him. He said its more of an embarrassment feeling. I've watched my son go thru his whole life being called names, by kids and adults. I've tried to teach him that no matter who you are, name calling is going to happen. I've never tried to shield him from it. He'll have to deal with this for the rest of his life. I'm proud of how he's handled himself in tough situations. I believe intent is what matters. I don't think the OP intended to offended my son. And my son seems to not be offended. But words can hurt, and offend, and embarrass. Especially by people who don't know your intent.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I called my son in to read the OP's post. For those of you who don't know my son, he's 24 years old and has been diagnosed with Aspergers and cerebral palsy. I asked him to read the post and tell me his thoughts. After a minute of thought. My son hands back the iPhone and says that the landlord is an *******! I then asked him if the title of the post offended him. He replied that he does not know the OP so he doesn't know his intent. I then asked him if the word " retard" is offensive? Now, I asked him this knowing that his whole life has been full of name calling. He took a moment to think, he said it makes him feel uncomfortable. If he's walking and he hears it being used he said he automatically feels that they are talking about him. He said its more of an embarrassment feeling. I've watched my son go thru his whole life being called names, by kids and adults. I've tried to teach him that no matter who you are, name calling is going to happen. I've never tried to shield him from it. He'll have to deal with this for the rest of his life. I'm proud of how he's handled himself in tough situations. I believe intent is what matters. I don't think the OP intended to offended my son. And my son seems to not be offended. But words can hurt, and offend, and embarrass. Especially by people who don't know your intent.
    Thansk for posting this, maybe this will knock a few people off of their high horses, who think people are too sensitive and whiney about being offended. You can't comment on HOW or WHY these people should feel the way they feel, especially if you yourself have never been shunned or persecuted like they have.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Why is the landlord a jerk? They spelled it out for her before she signed the lease. She specifically initialed that clause. They are trying to make it work, she is refusing. This is absurd to call out the landlord.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Thansk for posting this, maybe this will knock a few people off of their high horses, who think people are too sensitive and whiney about being offended. You can't comment on HOW or WHY these people should feel the way they feel, especially if you yourself have never been shunned or persecuted like they have.
    Wasn't my intention to knock anyone off anything. Just one persons perspective on this discussion. Some of the posters in this thread I believe I know pretty well. And all of them are stand up guys with only the best intent. I don't know the OP that well, but by what I've seen of his prior post the last few years I believe he also has good intent. Although I disagree with some of his opinions, he seems to be a up straight guy. Bit I do appreciate your comment One Shot!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Why is the landlord a jerk? They spelled it out for her before she signed the lease. She specifically initialed that clause. They are trying to make it work, she is refusing. This is absurd to call out the landlord.
    I believe there's more to the story. If its a section 8 housing unit then there is more to the story.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think you missed the point

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Youngone67
    Top Bottom