• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Any updates on this? The website still lists no loaded firearms except on the range?

The rules have been revised to allow loaded firearms in the store.

I'll let Stan or Dave lay out the rules so I don't misquote them.

Everyone coming in to shoot will be required to go through a range orientation, which will lay out all of the rules.

Wed. is right around the corner :rockwoot:

Hatchrooster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lumpkin,Co
    It would be nice if we had one closer to Lumpkin.I think the closest one is about an hour away.My son was telling me about it a while back.Does any one no of one close to where I am.Sure would appreciate it.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    No loaded firearms may enter or exit the building. Law Enforcement, ABSI personnel, and persons with a valid Indiana Handgun Permit may carry a loaded firearm secured in a holster, but it must not be un-holstered unless you are on the firing line.

I guess I still have to unload before entering because I have a Handgun License.

C'mom someone had to be the Smarta**

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    No loaded firearms may enter or exit the building. Law Enforcement, ABSI personnel, and persons with a valid Indiana Handgun Permit may carry a loaded firearm secured in a holster, but it must not be un-holstered unless you are on the firing line.

I guess I still have to unload before entering because I have a Handgun License.

C'mom someone had to be the Smarta**

You will NOT have to unload in the parking lot if you have a LTCH. If loaded, firearms must remain holstered unless on the firing line.

If you do NOT have a LTCH, you will NOT be permitted to carry a handgun onto the premise anyway, unless it is to be dropped off for repair.

rugersr556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    What machine guns will be available for rental? Also, if i purchase the select annual membership, is it half off of machine gun rentals too?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    What machine guns will be available for rental? Also, if i purchase the select annual membership, is it half off of machine gun rentals too?

Day after tomorrow they'll be open for business. 1/13/10. :rockwoot:
    Stop in or call after 10am and I'm sure they'll be happy to answer all your questions.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Congrats on the first day of operation, place looks good. I look forward to shooting when I can stop in for longer (plus saw a few nice toys that said "buy me" as well).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I visited the new range today. I would like to commend Stan and his team on a job well done. There are still some things not yet done and some things they have yet to begin, but I would call this a first rate operation, professionally run.

They were doing a hearty business when I was there (The phrase, "one armed paper hanger in a windstorm" comes to mind), yet Stan still found time not only to chat with customers here and there, but to walk through the shooting bays and ensure people were doing OK.

I wish them well in their business and am grateful to have the range open again.

ETA: The rule is that firearms may be cased or holstered (the latter if you hold a LTCH), but a holstered firearm must remain holstered except on the line.

I would like to once again commend Stan and Dave for soliciting input and making a rule that is mostly transparent to a responsible firearm owner but still addresses their concerns about safety.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Since I do not have names and faces together, I wonder how many INGOers were there today while I was in around at 10:30ish. Figured I probably bumped into a few of you all there.

GarandMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    I, too, went to the range last night on it's opening day. Stan, Dave, and all of the "help" have done a great job of rejuvinating the range. Many good ideas and effort put into the new range and many more yet to occur. The orientation given by Dave was very professional, good, and appropriate. There should not be any moans and groans about it's requirement. Having already become a memeber, I was there until closing catching up on some handgun practice and meeting some other shooters, some may have been INGO members. GOOD JOB to Stan and Dave!!

Krazny13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    I was there all day. :)
    (One of the aformentioned "help".)

It was an interesting learning experience. Still sorting some procedural things out, but that is unavoidable. I know Stan and Dave appreciate the feedback, and look forward to seeing INGO members stop by.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I went in with my girlfriend a little after 6pm last night. We sat through the orientation, which was brief, but clear and appreciated, and then jumped on a lane. We were the only ones in the last bay so it was easy to give her some instruction on how to use the gun, safety tips, and shooting pointers. At one point I think one of the "helpers" there came to check on us, and watched her shoot a few rounds.

We got done shooting, and headed back out where I got a chance to chat with Stan and Dave a bit, along with Dave's daughter (I believe). We also browsed some of the guns in the case to check out what she might like to shoot next time, since the 40 S&W was a bit too much kick for her.

All and all I think they did a great job with the range. It looks 500% better than before, and it'll be nice to see what goodies Stan can bring in with all his extra space now.

Side note: It was my gf's first time shooting, and she had a blast. She is defiantly interested in some of the women's courses that may be coming up, and is looking forward to try something a bit smaller next time out.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    nevermind.... i read that wrong. edit for stupidity.

Also, I can't wait to see the place. I'll probably be there early next week.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    We also stopped in yesterday and just like everyone else we thought it looked fantastic in there, much better than the original flat creek. Keep up the great work Stan!!!

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Excellent work on the new carry rule! That was a deal breaker for me as well. I have been telling quite a few friends and relatives about the place so they will be coming your way. I'm only in Lafayette on the weekends but may stop in to say hi and see the place at some point. Best of luck in business!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    When I get healed up from my recent surgery,I will be in also. I have some more things to hang on the walls holster-wise.

Are there any holster,belt or accessory item(s) you would like to see stocked??

Top Bottom