• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Wife and I went up there today from Brownsburg and had a GREAT time. The place is in MUCH better condition than what the previous owners had. The ventilation system is light years ahead of what was in there before.

Busy at the check in counter but we got right in and assigned a lane. Great to see them getting so much business

gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    lol, not sure if they upgraded the ventilation but it may just seem better because it is actually on. I know the old owner would forget to do so on occasion but in reality that was a really nice range before just not run correctly if you ask me. I prob will not have a chance to check it out for a while as I am never in the area anymore but it must be nice during the winter for the folks in Laf/W. Laf.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Was there Saturday and all I can say is, Stan and Dave really did a nice job cleaning up the place. And I am sure that in a couple weeks they will also a nice retail area with a nice selection.

Glad to have a well run indoor range in town.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    ok thanks! The only range I'ver ever been to is Pops. Lafayette is 45 minutes from me, but it would be nice to try another range. Sounds like this one is better though

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Shot at ABSI this evening. The range is in much better condition than Flat Creek was:
    - shooting line lights work
    - target holders move smoothly and you don't have to wait 10 minutes for the target to stop moving around
    - fresh air circulating
    - clean
    - nothing broken

I went by myself and after watching the ~10 minute orientation video they've made was quickly given a lane. Talked to Stan a little bit and he's a great guy. He even threw in an empty chamber indicator free with my range time (an ECI is required on the range). Overall, it seems like the range is much cleaner and safer than before. Can't wait to organize an outing there for an organization I'm in.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I know just yesterday or the day before I was on thier website. I lost the link but have found it posted here a couple times and cannot get their website to come up. Is there a new website or does anyone have a good link for them? I think they offer a 2 hour introduction to handguns class I would like the wife to take, of course I would attend with her and then we can do some shooting at the range.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I know just yesterday or the day before I was on thier website. I lost the link but have found it posted here a couple times and cannot get their website to come up. Is there a new website or does anyone have a good link for them? I think they offer a 2 hour introduction to handguns class I would like the wife to take, of course I would attend with her and then we can do some shooting at the range.

I am having same problem today. I hope that doesn't mean there is a problem, I really enjoy shooting there.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Seems strange, they are no longer listed a a Davidson's distributor and now this? I don't think it's a good sign, the last place that went this way up here was Ace & Rico's and that didn't turn out too good.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    There is plenty of distributors Applied can buy from, some of them
    have better deals than Davidsons. Those guy's at Applied are going
    to be around a long time.:yesway:

:ingo::patriot:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    There is plenty of distributors Applied can buy from, some of them
    have better deals than Davidsons. Those guy's at Applied are going
    to be around a long time.:yesway:
    :ingo::patriot:
    Yep. I don't think they're having too much trouble. I rarely listen to terrestrial radio, but WAZY is my go-to station when I don't fire up the Pandora. I get a real kick out of hearing ABSI's name listed as a sponsor for the Purdue football broadcast. Seems that ad plays every 20 minutes or so. I don't know how much coin you need to drop to be a sponsor but it's excellent advertising. :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When 1410AM was operational, Applied Ballistics should to run a couple of ads an hours. It was great to hear gun ads on the radio.

And then there's the television ads (I just visualize a Purdue professor having a mini stroke when seeing this):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhX_OfjnptM[/ame]

Top Bottom