• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Murder doesn't require a trial, just an act.

Actually, it doesn't always require an act, but it does require an accusation. Murder is in the mind of the beholder.

Ted Bundy was killed in the name of justice, was that murder?
    Leo Frank was also killed in the name of justice, was that murder?

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    So every time a good law abiding citizen shoots and kills someone in self defense they are a murderer?

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    So every time a good law abiding citizen shoots and kills someone in self defense they are a murderer?

That was a little over your head, huh? The cop didn't kill the 80 year old man in self defense. He stormed into his house, under false pretenses, and shot him in his bed.

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    In the fall of 1876, the battle of the Little Bighorn was called a massacre by most Americans.

Now, many call it a great military victory.

All that changed in the interem was perspective.

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    You always sound so defensive. You know I've never accused you or those you've listed.
    You continue to pop up and state, "Not me, Not me, Not me!!!"

I know I am new here but it appears to be a recurring theme in multiple threads. They do not seem to be able to discern good cop from bad cop.

The Blue Wall is mortared heavily and standing strong.

Every LEO on that team should face trial. As should the judge and prosecutor that were involved in the warrant. Until that starts occurring this will continue to be commonplace.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know I am new here but it appears to be a recurring theme in multiple threads. They do not seem to be able to discern good cop from bad cop.

Every LEO on that team should face trial. As should the judge and prosecutor that were involved in the warrant. Until that starts occurring this will continue to be commonplace.

There is a very real problem in our society and many on the other side of that blue line just don't care.

Instead of seeing all of these "isolated incidents" for what they are, good cops jump on the defensive and go on to explain all of the terrible things that they ARE NOT doing.

Who cares what a person is not doing (that should not ever be doing in the first place)? And who cares about all of the things that a cop is doing that he/she is expected to do?

More people will get rolled on by the oh-so-reliable informant (exconvict feeding cops whatever to stay out of incarceration). More cops will take the gospel of informant to a judge to get a warrant to kick in more doors of households that may or may not have the makings of illicit drugs. And more people will get shot to **** in their beds.

but hey - just the way it goes - mail the inconvenienced next of kin a check - officer safety first - get that schnouzer away, I'll shoot her and her pups - I don't need you to tell me my job - you don't know what it's like to be a cop, and I don't care what it's like to not be a cop.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    That was a little over your head, huh? The cop didn't kill the 80 year old man in self defense. He stormed into his house, under false pretenses, and shot him in his bed.

No it was not over my head! I understand what was done, my response was to previous post about killing someone equals murder.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012

Every LEO on that team should face trial. As should the judge and prosecutor that were involved in the warrant. Until that starts occurring this will continue to be

commonplace.

Or they don't immediately claim the officers guilt without knowing the totality of everything involved like the civillians (or non leo's if the term civillian offends you) on this site tend to.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If I was a cop I would be against no-knock raids and the Drug War simply on the basis of how badly the image of police suffers because of it.

People are not born to be "anti cop." That's a result of experience.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If I was a cop I would be against no-knock raids and the Drug War simply on the basis of how badly the image of police suffers because of it.

People are not born to be "anti cop." That's a result of experience.

A hell of a lot more needs to change before their image is improved for me.

The last 2 times I went to help a friend who's car got stuck in the snow, police showed up un-welcomed to try and pin me with some imaginary crime.
    One time they even went as far as inspecting every part of my vehicle. Not a search, but checking everything externally.
    And when they couldn't find anything to bust me for they decided to be a smart___ and lecture me about letting their buddy with a tow truck handle things so they can stick the driver with a large bill.

The other time they literally road blocked my vehicle with 2 cruisers until their tow truck buddy showed up.

It's hard to picture it as anything other than organized crime.

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    Or they don't immediately claim the officers guilt without knowing the totality of everything involved like the civillians (or non leo's if the term civillian offends you) on this site tend to.

The term civilian does not offend me at all...in fact the vast majority of cops are civilians whether they realize it or not. It is only in recent history to we tell them they are not except in war time.

3.2. Civilian Law Enforcement Official. An officer

or employee of a civilian agency with responsibility

for enforcement of the laws within the jurisdiction

of that agency.
    DOD Cooperation with Civilian Law Enforcement. DODD-5525.5

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A hell of a lot more needs to change before their image is improved for me.

The last 2 times I went to help a friend who's car got stuck in the snow, police showed up un-welcomed to try and pin me with some imaginary crime.
    One time they even went as far as inspecting every part of my vehicle. Not a search, but checking everything externally.
    And when they couldn't find anything to bust me for they decided to be a smart___ and lecture me about letting their buddy with a tow truck handle things so they can stick the driver with a large bill.

The other time they literally road blocked my vehicle with 2 cruisers until their tow truck buddy showed up.

It's hard to picture it as anything other than organized crime.

Small town Bravo Sierra politics my friend. Not all of the LEO are like this but to those who are it sticks in your butt like a thorn.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Doesn't seem like all the awesome training and tacticool gear helped the LA LE in their decision making or outcome, just in case anyone is still interested in the original post subject.

Top Bottom