• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Also shoot with you pistol vertical and sights on target, then cant the weapon 90 degrees and put the sights on target, based upon the cant, the round will end up low and left or right since the sights are designed to be used from a vertical angle. But then again, as I have said before I am the idiot.

Gunner

Seriously? Sites will only work if the gun is vertical? What about a scope, will it not work if you lay it on it's side?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You said "isolated incident" but we all know what you meant.
    Yes, that it wasn't an isolated incident. But it didn't mean that everyone with a badge did it either.

You do get defensive quickly on these matters. A criticism of LE is not a personal criticism of you, but you respond often as if you think it is.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Seriously? Sites will only work if the gun is vertical? What about a scope, will it not work if you lay it on it's side?

Apparently they've never had to shoot over a barrier while minimizing their profile.

Why anyone would question holding a gun sideways while using a shield is beyond my comprehension. Compromises are made when using defensive equipment, that just happens to be one of them.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So I assume you have never seen a level on a sight for long range shooting before correct?

Long range shooting with a pistol........... we are talking about 20 feet here, lining up your sites will work just fine. One may get a little more muzzle flip from holding it a different angle from not being used to it but to say you cannot shoot a gun well on its side is just silly

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    One handed shootin with a cant to the pistol allows for natural sight picture and arm extension. This is used by even the secret service on down.
    Now add a shield in front of you ...... See above posts by officers who do it for a living and to LIVE! How do you come and argue with that? Other than just to talk out your backside and cause a ruckus , intending to cause a ruckus.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would just like to add that I don't know anything about shooting a gun sideways. Carry on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's murder because he killed someone. It would be murder if it were a non-badged citizen. That this was under the guise of a LE action doesn't change anything. I don't see that there's any evidence showing it was self defense. Which is the only defense the LEO has. He's already perjured himself once. I'd be willing to bet my V-day dinner tonight that the gun on the dresser was never touched by the deceased.

I thought I made it clear that it didn't matter if he's LE or not. He's not a convicted murderer. I'm trying to stay neutral here and just explain the definition of the word. I get it, you hate the cop for what he did... But you're not the judge or jury. "Murderer" is a false label at this point. Otherwise, anyone that kills anyone is a murderer... And we know that would be unfair to some people.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Me either. Think I am gonna have to take my gat out and try it sometime just to see how off I shoot.

A friend and myself tried it at the range once.

It's perfectly doable, but follow up shots are considerably harder. If you were using a laser it would be vastly more easy.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I thought I made it clear that it didn't matter if he's LE or not. He's not a convicted murderer. I'm trying to stay neutral here and just explain the definition of the word. I get it, you hate the cop for what he did... But you're not the judge or jury. "Murderer" is a false label at this point. Otherwise, anyone that kills anyone is a murderer... And we know that would be unfair to some people.

Jack the Ripper was a murderer and he was never brought to trial. Stalin was a murderer and never brought to trial. Murder doesn't require a trial, just an act. The cop in this story murdered an innocent man.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why so you can say because I am not a police officer that anything that I may offer is moot because of the fact I am not a trained officer. Canting a pistol will have an affect on where the round strikes based upon muzzle jump because of recoil. I know in a "close combat" scenario such as in this photo it may not come into play that much, but canting the weapon does and will affect where the round strikes.

Gunner
    Hmmm, its a wonder that we ever hit our targets when we fire from odd positions holding our pistols at various angles in training. Muzzle jump? You know that happens AFTER the round exits the barrel right? Close combat IS the lifeblood of our training with pistols. Now I've shot my G23 holding it upside down and hitting a gong at 100yrds for the fun if it but ALL of our practice pistol training happens from 50yrds and forward with most 15yrds and in. We have rifles for further engagements. Phylo MIGHT know a few things about this stuff being that he teaches it and has done so for a long time. Our firearms training unit has fantastic full time trainers and our training is excellent. I've been a firearms trainer for 14 years but as a full time street officer, I don't teach with them as much as I would like do to our officer shortage. Phylo has a lot more experience than I do. If the SHTF, I want Phylo on my team. Been there/done that/teach it carries a lot of weight with me. What again are your teaching/training credentials that allow you to dismiss Phylo's explanation so readily and tout your opinion as superior? Hell, maybe you are better, enlighten us please.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Holy flaming ****balls Batman!!! You're right!!! In that instant he failed to point his pistol at something he didn't intend to destroy and he also didn't hold it in a manner you find acceptable. He must be a "doosh"!!!

Love spelling on Doosh.............

No rep available......+10

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One handed shootin with a cant to the pistol allows for natural sight picture and arm extension. This is used by even the secret service on down.
    Now add a shield in front of you ...... See above posts by officers who do it for a living and to LIVE! How do you come and argue with that? Other than just to talk out your backside and cause a ruckus , intending to cause a ruckus.

Low shots around corners as well. ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Lets poke the pile some and get a ruckus going just because.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Zero accountability. A SWAT uniform is not an invisibility cloak.

Are you sure about that invisibility cloak? SWAT seems to be a very effective shield. Of course, there are other options, like those used in Philadelphia ( voter intimidation http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/22/AR2010102203982.html) and Arizona (Operation Fast and Furious https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fast_and_Furious).

Nothing to see here, folks, just move along like good sheep always do. "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Jack the Ripper was a murderer and he was never brought to trial. Stalin was a murderer and never brought to trial. Murder doesn't require a trial, just an act. The cop in this story murdered an innocent man.

Amazingly judgmental aren't we? :dunno: Just because a person kills another person without legal justification is no reason to label someone a murderer. Who are you to judge? Maybe he was bullied, abandoned by his father, and mocked by his mother for being a sissy. Poor thing had to do something to prove he really is a man. It wasn't his fault that evil gun went off in his hand, after all. :ar15: It was Bush's fault for allowing those black assault weapons to be owned in the USA—especially those ghost guns with more than 10-round clips. :whistle:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why so you can say because I am not a police officer that anything that I may offer is moot because of the fact I am not a trained officer. Canting a pistol will have an affect on where the round strikes based upon muzzle jump because of recoil. I know in a "close combat" scenario such as in this photo it may not come into play that much, but canting the weapon does and will affect where the round strikes.

Gunner

What again are your teaching/training credentials that allow you to dismiss Phylo's explanation so readily and tout your opinion as superior? Hell, maybe you are better, enlighten us please.

Top Bottom