Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    From the cite:

The effort hasn’t been a total blackout; White House press secretary Robert Gibbs still calls on Fox News reporter Major Garrett at press briefings, but the Obama White House is clearly targeting the network that it believes is biased.
    In a weekend interview with The New York Times, White House spokeswoman Anita Dunn said the administration would “treat them the way we would treat an opponent.

Well, well, well. Nice work JST

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Congressional Democrats defend the White House?s snub of Fox News | TheHill

Jamil, this news story indicates that in October 2009, the Obama administration and top Democrats were openly indicating that they were blacklisting the Fox News Network. That no Obama administration officials, let alone Obama himself, would appear for interviews on the TOP RATED NEWS NETWORK. Ditto the Democratic party leadership.

Any real backlash or end of the love affair was many, many years separated from that.

That's more of a boycott. We already knew about that. And yes that was absurd, but it's not like presidents have never avoided news agencies that have been particularly critical. It's just that they haven't reached the level of absurdity where the president was that open and vocal about it.

So then Trump ratchets the absurdity one notch further with barring specific news agencies from the briefing room! I'm kinda tired of the absurd. I'd like to stop all the partisan hyperbole going both sides.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    From the cite:

Well, well, well. Nice work JST
    Oh but it's different now. The MSM clearly isn't biased and shoudn't be subject to a modicum of scrutiny. They are just innocent little "journalists"

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    That's more of a boycott. We already knew about that. And yes that was absurd, but it's not like presidents have never avoided news agencies that have been particularly critical. It's just that they haven't reached the level of absurdity where the president was that open and vocal about it.

So then Trump ratchets the absurdity one notch further with barring specific news agencies from the briefing room! I'm kinda tired of the absurd. I'd like to stop all the partisan hyperbole going both sides.

This smells of blatant FAKE NEWS to me. The news "gaggle" was a pool event which means the WHCA picked (presumably randomly) the 13 member pool. That pool included AP, Time, NBC, CBS and others. The WH invited an additional THREE news sources, including Breitbart and Washington Times. (the third I've never heard of)

This is far from inviting the entire WHCA, but barring the NYT, LAT, Politco and CNN. False narrative.

ETA: Just as with the Brady briefing room kerfuffle, this is about the WHCA trying to LIMIT and CONTROL media access to mostly it's membership and the Trump administration attempts to break that stranglehold by INCREASING the number of news organizations with access. That was true of the larger briefing room. That is true with the Skype "seats" at briefings. That is true here.

I think it would be a legitimate argument that if the Press Secretary was going to "enhance" the pool with 3 news organizations, that the WHCA should likewise be able to "enhance" the pool with the next three WHCA news organizations on it's list.

BTW, does anyone have a list of the voting members of the WHCA? I've emailed them every week for 3 weeks now for such a list and not a peep. Not very transparent, IMO.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sounds like Trump's announced at least parts of his proposed budget bill. MSM is emphasizing greater spending on defense (which should include border security) and cuts to things like [fake gasp] pollution control.

We could probably use more defense spending - as long as it is smart spending and not certain boondoggles discussed elsewhere on INGO.

No cuts to Social Security or Medicare, which is probably smart for now.

No word on increases in revenue/debt that I can find.

Of course, still waiting for the actual budget bill to be introduced and for April 30 to actually assess his actions afterward.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sounds like Trump's announced at least parts of his proposed budget bill. MSM is emphasizing greater spending on defense (which should include border security) and cuts to things like [fake gasp] pollution control.

We could probably use more defense spending - as long as it is smart spending and not certain boondoggles discussed elsewhere on INGO.

No cuts to Social Security or Medicare, which is probably smart for now.

No word on increases in revenue/debt that I can find.

Of course, still waiting for the actual budget bill to be introduced and for April 30 to actually assess his actions afterward.

But funding for things like "green energy" subsidies, bike paths, and safe spaces are still in there though....right?!?!?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    But funding for things like "green energy" subsidies, bike paths, and safe spaces are still in there though....right?!?!?
    I haven't seen the details, so I'm not sure. Those details might not come out until the bill is prepared. I think this is more of an outline than a draft.

Those seem like they'd be relatively easy things to cut.

I think there are legal requirements that mean the incoming POTUS has to act quickly. In 2008, I believe there was a great deal of coordination between GWB and Obama, because of the fiscal crisis.

Perhaps I'm jaded, but I don't think there was a great deal of collaboration between Trump and Obama teams on this one. So, Trump should deserve some praise for getting it together quickly.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I haven't seen the details, so I'm not sure. Those details might not come out until the bill is prepared. I think this is more of an outline than a draft.

Those seem like they'd be relatively easy things to cut.

I think there are legal requirements that mean the incoming POTUS has to act quickly. In 2008, I believe there was a great deal of coordination between GWB and Obama, because of the fiscal crisis.

Perhaps I'm jaded, but I don't think there was a great deal of collaboration between Trump and Obama teams on this one. So, Trump should deserve some praise for getting it together quickly.

oooh aaaaaaaahView attachment 53436

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Still waiting for those tax returns. Now the house repubs voted that even they will not review them. -1. I am one of the 'start at 0' guys. So this puts him around a -19.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Still waiting for those tax returns. Now the house repubs voted that even they will not review them. -1. I am one of the 'start at 0' guys. So this puts him around a -19.

don't let trump see this, he'll be crushed

I'm curious, has he gotten any +1s from you yet?

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Points of clarification: the House Republicans act and Trump gets a minus? Or is the minus for not providing tax returns within the first 45 days? Does the -19 already include deductions (pardon the pun) for not providing taxes?

And apologies for not following your tracking in Kut's tracking thread.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Handling the media - 100%

The media has had it coming for a long time. They provide cover for Democrats no matter how egregious a particular situation, and scrutinize Republicans over the smallest of things. They've lost the confidence of the American people and they deserve their neglect.

Immigration - 90%

He needs to go after more than just the criminals (that is to say illegal immigrants who have done more than just break our immigration laws). Most I've seen say the VISA over stays are a huge problem and I'd agreed with that.

Healthcare - 75%

I'm willing to give POTUS a little time on this but not much. I dont see why they can't repeal small bits of Obamacare. Its reported that 6 bills were sent to Obama so it should be easy enough to send one of those to POTUS for passage. The fact none have been I attribute to a lack of will on the part of Speaker Ryan and Senator McConnell. Nevertheless, POTUS will not get a pass by me for Congress' lack of a will to act.

Tax Reform - 90%

POTUS says Healthcare has to be done before Taxes. I take his word on it for now. A flat tax would be ideal , but anything that lowers taxes is a plus.

Regulations - 100%

Love the executive order that requires getting rid of 2 regulations for every new one. The purge of Obama and Clinton people in the bureaucracy is a must and there should be more of it.

Foreign policy - 90%

I like the notion POTUS puts out that he would like to get along with countries that don't or may not like us, but It may not happen. Also, like that POTUS has stopped or is reducing the money flowing to countries that hate us.

Trade - 100%

Ending TPP on day one was a HUGE plus. Its a job killing piece of garbage that makes us look weak. Specific negotiations between two parties (countries) is the way to go.

Economy - 95%

See Tax Reform and Regulations.

So lets see what we have:

740/8 = 92.5%

EDIT: SCOTUS pick 100%

So 93.3% approval.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Immigration - 90%

He needs to go after more than just the criminals (that is to say illegal immigrants who have done more than just break our immigration laws). Most I've seen say the VISA over stays are a huge problem and I'd agreed with that.

Well, in the nitty gritty details, he pretty much is.

Previously, under Obama, ICE was forced to release anyone the "accidentally" caught who wasn't a violent felon. Not only is "catch and release" history, but Trump has increased the scope of those who are actively being sought out, i.e. the priorities. Those include non-violent felons, those with multiple misdemeanors, those with domestic abuse misdemeanors, and close to 1 million who have already been through the court with a final deportation order (then they just didn't show up, imagine that!).

So, while the above 2-3 million illegal aliens are the "priority", if the news reports are to believed, ICE is starting deportation proceedings against the "only illegal" illegal aliens who get swept up when going after the priorities. I.e. no more "catch and release".

Regarding the Visa overstays... we used to have a program called NSEERS that kept track of Visas issued to people from "troubled" areas of the world. Obama nixed that. Name any "ordinary/common" category of Visa, tourist, work or student, and NOBODY can tell you how many are still in the country after the Visa expiration date, let alone WHO they are. Once issued, the status of most of those visas (except a few work Visa programs that have sponsors) are checked. It's pretty much insanity.

EDIT: SCOTUS pick 100%
    Truth!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yes and all the douche bag butt heads on the left staying in their seats and hands in lap.

I was surprised with a few things he said that he didn't get a response from some of them... I guess they are so set against him they refuse to "show" support for the stuff they actually approve of too... It does look awfully divided.

Top Bottom