Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Long faces on the D side.... what a bunch of dicks.

Yes and all the douche bag butt heads on the left staying in their seats and hands in lap.

I was surprised with a few things he said that he didn't get a response from some of them... I guess they are so set against him they refuse to "show" support for the stuff they actually approve of too... It does look awfully divided.

Just like my 4 YO acts when she doesn't get her way...no matter what I say to her, all I get is a pouty face and a sharp "NO". She doesn't even listen to what I say, she has already made up her mind.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    'Bout forgot what it's like to not have to look at Biden and Pelosi behind our president.
    It's wonderful isn't it!

Just like my 4 YO acts when she doesn't get her way...no matter what I say to her, all I get is a pouty face and a sharp "NO". She doesn't even listen to what I say, she has already made up her mind.
    This sums it up exactly...

I was watching it on PBS, and the commentators seem to be much pro trump than I've heard the media in awhile if not before... Are they a little right leaning or something??

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Exactly.
    There are forces pulling their strings that we do not see. Hands firmly implanted in rectums playing puppeteer.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Dems have played their hand wrong.

The mid terms are going to go badly for them now. They should have stayed shut up and remained neutral to trump after he was elected and slowly built up resistance in the party as the mid terms neared.

Now they're going to look like a tired and grumpy old act that's distasteful to the majority of the country. I'll be surprised if they aren't a 3rd tier political party by 2020 at this rate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I almost feel like I should give him a point for not blowing up that speech with some conspiracy theories, personal attacks, and general nonsense. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but this is the first time IMO (that's for you CP) that the president has sounded presidential. Kut (hopes he has turned a corner)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While I get what you are saying, cm... I would suggest that it's not their _hands_ that are firmly implanted in their rectums... :D

Well.......yeah but decorum and all you know.....:cool:

That side of the room was so blatantly negative. There were some who stood but did you see the camera catch the guy starting to get up and applaud (Dem) and the lady next to him telling him he best not do it. She obviously has his package in her desk.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I almost feel like I should give him a point for not blowing up that speech with some conspiracy theories, personal attacks, and general nonsense. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but this is the first time IMO (that's for you CP) that the president has sounded presidential. Kut (hopes he has turned a corner)

I couldn't wait to get into the shop this morning to see what I knew you were going to say...You did not disappoint...Thank you Kut...It was "good one" as they say....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There is no doubt the presentation was good. I was -- and still am -- hopeful he will do something about the issues veterans face with care at the VA and processing paperwork for benefits. The standing ovation for the fallen SEAL was touching, but there are a lot of veterans who were expecting this to be first on his list of priorities and there has been no mention of real action, to date.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There is no doubt the presentation was good. I was -- and still am -- hopeful he will do something about the issues veterans face with care at the VA and processing paperwork for benefits. The standing ovation for the fallen SEAL was touching, but there are a lot of veterans who were expecting this to be first on his list of priorities and there has been no mention of real action, to date.

I totally understand, but am still giving him until the beginning of April.

This was very similar to his campaign speeches IMHO. Good speeches, but that's it.

By April, we should have a clearer idea of how he'll be able to work his policies through Congress. That's the difficult part of the job.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I totally understand, but am still giving him until the beginning of April.

This was very similar to his campaign speeches IMHO. Good speeches, but that's it.

By April, we should have a clearer idea of how he'll be able to work his policies through Congress. That's the difficult part of the job.

Give Shulkin a chance to work.

VA Secretary David Shulkin: Our plan to deliver greater accountability to America's veterans | Fox News

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    This is part of what is disconcerting, though.
    Top Republican says Trump's budget plan 'dead on arrival' - BBC News

"Dead on arrival"? C'mon Lindsay... err Lindsey. That's probably not helpful.

There is a sense of karma to it, though. Trump's bombast on the campaign trail against established Republicans becomes a problem.

Nah, more like Lindsey Graham being Lindsey Graham specifically for the exclusive benefit of Lindsey Graham... let's just say even W. Bush knew not to drop the soap bar with Graham around. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

That rabbit hole is so very deep. I seriously doubt any human being could get anything done in the short time he has been in the big boy chair. He has already set the world on fire with actions promised to the people. More so than any elected official I can remember.
    The VA situation is not a quick fix.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    If the man at least trys,and can't get but a sliver of his campaign promises accomplished,I am going to feel I got more than ANY establishment candidate would have given me anyhow.....But I think he will use the bully pulpit to his advantage.......And that will not be good,because he will call em out by name......Is my guess.

Top Bottom