Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Welp, that's all I needed to hear.

The WH excluding news organizations because they don't like how they cover their administration. That should be concerning to any American. It was to Spicer not too long ago.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer barred reporters from several large media outlets from participating in a scheduled press briefing Friday. Two months ago, in a panel discussion, he insisted that open access for the media is “what makes a democracy a democracy versus a dictatorship.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-barred-media-access/?utm_term=.e1e3e206c41e

Total: 94.2

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't hear the CNN-types *****ing about it when Obama went up against Fox News.

What Trump is doing is ****ty. It's partisan politics, and every President does it, and every President to come will do it. Doesn't make it right by a long-shot, but it's nothing new. It's just being exaggerated to apocalyptic levels.

Definitely don't like it, but he's not doing anything new. He's actually taking a lot of pages out of Obama's playbook.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't hear the CNN-types *****ing about it when Obama went up against Fox News.

What Trump is doing is ****ty. It's partisan politics, and every President does it, and every President to come will do it. Doesn't make it right by a long-shot, but it's nothing new. It's just being exaggerated to apocalyptic levels.

Definitely don't like it, but he's not doing anything new. He's actually taking a lot of pages out of Obama's playbook.

Can you find an example in the last 50 years of an administration actually purposefully excluding specific news services from a White House Press Briefing because they don't like the way they report the news? I can't, nevermind the 50 years, I can ever recall of such an event taking place during my lifetime or anytime before.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can you find an example in the last 50 years of an administration actually purposefully excluding specific news services from a White House Press Briefing because they don't like the way they report the news? I can't, nevermind the 50 years, I can ever recall of such an event taking place during my lifetime or anytime before.

Obviously your post got me thinking, and looking further into it. Apparently Obama's WH didn't actually ever ban Fox News. So this might have little precedence.

Fox News? ?White House Bans Fox News? Story Is Starting To Unravel Become Clearer ? Updated | Mediaite

Legal and within Trump Admin's realm? Sure. Right thing to do? I stand by my earlier stance as "no."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obviously your post got me thinking, and looking further into it. Apparently Obama's WH didn't actually ever ban Fox News. So this might have little precedence.

Fox News? ?White House Bans Fox News? Story Is Starting To Unravel Become Clearer ? Updated | Mediaite

Legal and within Trump Admin's realm? Sure. Right thing to do? I stand by my earlier stance as "no."

Yeah, Obama threatened to do it, and the collective conservative world went crazy. This administration actually did it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Which is why I said what I did about the definition of what a militia weapon is. This is equivalent to defining what an assault weapon is for the purpose of banning assault weapons. The definition ought to be as broad as possible. Of course the near universal acceptance that full auto weapons by probably 90-something % of folks out there (including way too many "gun" folks) are properly restricted will be problematic. But if one of the purposes of the EO is to create an environment where the "militia" is to be ready for defense of the state and country, inclusion of full auto weapons ought not be dismissed.
    I agree with this. Just ban those evil assault SBS thingys.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, Obama threatened to do it, and the collective conservative world went crazy. This administration actually did it.

Ratcheting absurdity. When Obama went after a Fox News reporter, a member of the press, that's when the press finally turned on Obama. And it's not that they turned on him, so much, it's that the love affair was tarnished. Obama going after their own ruined the afterglow of their Obamagasm. So thereafter, rather than writing fluff pieces, they would occasionally report actual news. Then there was the almost banning Fox thing. Pretty absurd.

So with Trump, we swing to the opposite rail of absurdity, only the momentum of the opposite rail of absurdity, this one swings it further. I can't wait to see what's next.

I blame it on the press. They need to just report things honestly. The rest will take care of itself. I think they can't help it though. They're filled with ideologues who have lost touch with the real America.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ratcheting absurdity. When Obama went after a Fox News reporter, a member of the press, that's when the press finally turned on Obama. And it's not that they turned on him, so much, it's that the love affair was tarnished. Obama going after their own ruined the afterglow of their Obamagasm. So thereafter, rather than writing fluff pieces, they would occasionally report actual news. Then there was the almost banning Fox thing. Pretty absurd.

So with Trump, we swing to the opposite rail of absurdity, only the momentum of the opposite rail of absurdity, this one swings it further. I can't wait to see what's next.

I blame it on the press. They need to just report things honestly. The rest will take care of itself. I think they can't help it though. They're filled with ideologues who have lost touch with the real America.

+10........Thats what the Rep system used to let me pass out.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

If the media legitimately wants to attempt to keep the POTUS honest then they need to practice on themselves first and foremost. Talk about hypocrisy.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

+100……Lets see, we let the press in then they spin and report stuff to make Trump look bad……so why would anyone want to talk or have the media around. They only report want they want. IMHO most reporters out there for main stream media are Democrats that vote for Democrats, their agenda is very clear. I wouldn't talk to these boneheads either or want them around.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Congressional Democrats defend the White House?s snub of Fox News | TheHill

Jamil, this news story indicates that in October 2009, the Obama administration and top Democrats were openly indicating that they were blacklisting the Fox News Network. That no Obama administration officials, let alone Obama himself, would appear for interviews on the TOP RATED NEWS NETWORK. Ditto the Democratic party leadership.

Any real backlash or end of the love affair was many, many years separated from that.

Top Bottom