Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If the man at least trys,and can't get but a sliver of his campaign promises accomplished,I am going to feel I got more than ANY establishment candidate would have given me anyhow.....But I think he will use the bully pulpit to his advantage.......And that will not be good,because he will call em out by name......Is my guess.

If only it would put the light on them when called out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Establishment can't have Trump succeed, because if he does they lose power for a long time. Repubs and Dems will fight him on everything. Pathetic
    Probably establishment republicans are already pretty much powerless. They just don't know it yet. Establishment dems are too. The progressives are kicking their asses out of power.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I totally understand, but am still giving him until the beginning of April.

This was very similar to his campaign speeches IMHO. Good speeches, but that's it.

By April, we should have a clearer idea of how he'll be able to work his policies through Congress. That's the difficult part of the job.

Agreed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The president back to Mar-A-Lago again. What is that, every weekend except one since he's been POTUS?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh, The Donald has already saved us enough money to justify working Florida weekends for the rest of his term.

Forget about everything else, of which there is a lot, just the savings generated by immigration enforcement and reform will pay far beyond.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Meh, The Donald has already saved us enough money to justify working Florida weekends for the rest of his term. Forget about everything else, of which there is a lot, just the savings generated by immigration enforcement and reform will pay far beyond.
    So it's nothing 'eh? You see no issues with the cost of such, as of now, routine travels?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    When you're right, you're right. Trump preached fiscal responsibility, but his constant jaunts down South are the exact opposite.

In the long run, our little discussion here mean nothing. Still, it's refreshing to see there are some who can be objective. He should spend some time in Washington on the weekends and practice what he preached.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So it's nothing 'eh? You see no issues with the cost of such, as of now, routine travels?

It's about signal v noise, kut. Forgive me if I err, here; as I have not exhaustively searched your post history. I do not recall any posts worrying about all the money Obama was spending so that the President and his large entourage (and all that security) could bask in the adulation of their 'peers' in the Davos class. I don't recall any posts lamenting the expense when Obama, as a lame duck, felt the need to travel (in 2016 alone) to Cuba, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, the UK, Germany(twice), Vietnam, Japan(twice), Canada, Poland, Spain, Midway island, China, Laos, Israel, Greece, Portugal and Peru. I am sure all of these locales were in dire need of a presidential visit.

If I fail to give you credit for existing archived posts lamenting this expenditure of the peoples money, please feel free to to link them and correct me. But please understand that (perceived) hypocrisy is a form of noise to me in this conversation and it washes out the signal you are trying to send. To me, it is much like the hypocritical noise from Democrats. The party that was all for single payer health care (which I firmly believe the ACA was designed to fail into), free college, heavy taxation of the producer class, open borders and globalization is now suddenly worried about military and infrastructure spending worsening the budget imbalance

A principled attack would have more signal and less noise, but when the hand-wringing comes from folks who have come late to the worry of fiscal responsibility in 'their' president - I'm getting nothing but static. We'll see if Trump becomes a world traveler or if he stays home and it balances out. We are currently only approximately 3% into his first term and no scientist or mathematician would attempt to extrapolate from so little data, but they usually dont have an axe to grind

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In the long run, our little discussion here mean nothing. Still, it's refreshing to see there are some who can be objective. He should spend some time in Washington on the weekends and practice what he preached.

You don't feel that labeling people who agree with you as 'objective' is begging the question just a bit

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We need consistency people.

I'm just guessing here but I imagine for Trump, weekend trips to Mar-Largo (or however you spell it) is just a regular part of life. Some folks have weekend homes, some have RV/campers that they set up in camp grounds, some have boats in boat slips down on Lake Monroe, etc. that they go to on weekends/holidays. Trump's just richer than many and his weekend home involves getting there by airliner. Having said that, yeah, he needs to be aware of perception. In a time the country was in a prolonged recession, Obama was taking lavish vacations, multiple times per year while a lot of people were losing jobs and homes and he deserved the criticism he got. Trump is not the man and all of those Obama supporters are now going to complain about every thing he does. He does need to mind this sort of visual to keep perceptions in check (at least to the extent you can with all the hyper partisanship).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's about signal v noise, kut. Forgive me if I err, here; as I have not exhaustively searched your post history. I do not recall any posts worrying about all the money Obama was spending so that the President and his large entourage (and all that security) could bask in the adulation of their 'peers' in the Davos class. I don't recall any posts lamenting the expense when Obama, as a lame duck, felt the need to travel (in 2016 alone) to Cuba, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, the UK, Germany(twice), Vietnam, Japan(twice), Canada, Poland, Spain, Midway island, China, Laos, Israel, Greece, Portugal and Peru. I am sure all of these locales were in dire need of a presidential visit.

If I fail to give you credit for existing archived posts lamenting this expenditure of the peoples money, please feel free to to link them and correct me. But please understand that (perceived) hypocrisy is a form of noise to me in this conversation and it washes out the signal you are trying to send. To me, it is much like the hypocritical noise from Democrats. The party that was all for single payer health care (which I firmly believe the ACA was designed to fail into), free college, heavy taxation of the producer class, open borders and globalization is now suddenly worried about military and infrastructure spending worsening the budget imbalance

A principled attack would have more signal and less noise, but when the hand-wringing comes from folks who have come late to the worry of fiscal responsibility in 'their' president - I'm getting nothing but static. We'll see if Trump becomes a world traveler or if he stays home and it balances out. We are currently only approximately 3% into his first term and no scientist or mathematician would attempt to extrapolate from so little data, but they usually dont have an axe to grind
    You obviously miss the whole point. What previous Presidents did is irrelevant. Trump claimed he would be responsible with our money, and this is not an example of that.

I'd personally have less issue with him flying to other countries than flying to Florida for weekends. Meeting with leaders of other countries is something a President does as part of his job. Going to his resort in Florida really isn't.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

If your wife turns down the thermostat to save a few dollars on the electric bill, but won't stop buying $500 purses, what's the point?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I never complained about Obama's trips, and I'm not going to complain about Trump's. In today's world the president works constantly no matter where he is. At best they're working vacations, and to me where they are doesn't matter so much as long as they're doing their job.

Top Bottom