Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sheepdog senses wrong. I was well aware of where the story originated. The problem is how the story was relayed. He could've explained in a way that was more age appropriate.

For a 70-something year old, I think he used pretty age-appropriate language. ;)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ha! Do 70 year olds talk like that in the open? Gross.

Yes...Especially New Yorkers....

I once spent an hour talking to a retired NYC detective turned Postal Inspector over a Ruger Redhawk that came up missing at a sorting facility...Every third word was a variant of the F word....Until I spent time around New Yorkers I had no idea of the various ways that word could be used....

The fact that Trump grew up on Long island and doesn't use the "F" word every third word in a speech is a testament to his Mother and her parenting skills...:)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yes...Especially New Yorkers....

I once spent an hour talking to a retired NYC detective turned Postal Inspector over a Ruger Redhawk that came up missing at a sorting facility...Every third word was a variant of the F word....Until I spent time around New Yorkers I had no idea of the various ways that word could be used....

The fact that Trump grew up on Long island and doesn't use the "F" word every third word in a speech is a testament to his Mother and her parenting skills...:)

So inappropriate behavior is now dependent on where one grows up? Is this based on City, County, or State? Do you have guidelines for all these areas so I'll know in the future what behavior I can expect? You wouldn't happen to have this in PDF or app format would you?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Riiigghhttt... no scouts were excited about "The President" coming to speak to them... the chants of "We Love Trump" and "USA, USA, USA" were just the dozen of so Trump people in the front row... same one's they used at the CIA, BTW.

I was speaking primarily of "my" experience. If today scouting is about something different (including using scouts as foils for political foto ops) isn't that YOUR problem?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I was speaking primarily of "my" experience. If today scouting is about something different (including using scouts as foils for political foto ops) isn't that YOUR problem?

The open invitation to the sitting president to address the National Jamboree has been longstanding, and the list of presidents accepting and attending in person is long, going back to FDR, with a notable exception.

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2...of-presidential-visits-at-national-jamborees/

Posturing "your experience" as typical is your problem, as well as false. Well, at least a continuation of a long running state of "denial".

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So inappropriate behavior is now dependent on where one grows up? Is this based on City, County, or State? Do you have guidelines for all these areas so I'll know in the future what behavior I can expect? You wouldn't happen to have this in PDF or app format would you?

You lost me buddy...

I was trying to share a funny story about a conversation I had with a retired NYC detective who used the F word every third word....It was shocking to me.....I told you I did not find Trump's speech to the BSA as inappropriate and I was trying to make a joke that many regions of the country have different standards regarding language...I know around here the use of the words, "Darling", "Hon", "Sweetie", "Angel", "Buddy", "Pal", "Brother" etc...by both older male and females to younger folks is common and widespread....I know on the west coast and up east it is considered sexist or demeaning...To me it's just part of our culture....

As far as I know (as of yet) there are no guidelines written anywhere regarding what one considers inappropriate language although colleges seem to be heading that way regarding free speech.....To a New Yorker that kind of language (use of the F word) is not considered inappropriate among blue collar folks.....As far as "guidelines" so you will know in the future "what behavior I can expect" I think spending time around different regions or cultures in the US and elsewhere and observing them in an anthropological fashion would answer your question better than I could...But thank you for thinking I have that kind of knowledge....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The open invitation to the sitting president to address the National Jamboree has been longstanding, and the list of presidents accepting and attending in person is long, going back to FDR, with a notable exception.

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2...of-presidential-visits-at-national-jamborees/

Posturing "your experience" as typical is your problem, as well as false. Well, at least a continuation of a long running state of "denial".

I stand by my remarks. I don't know a scout worth his salt that wouldn't prefer a sports hero to a political hack. Trained bears would do. Which principles of scouting does Trump uphold?

I know that scouting is directly responsible for saving my bacon in dire situations more than once. It is objectionable to me that pederasts and politicians, conservatives and social justice warriors alike seek to make scouting that which it is not.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Good point and I did see that. But somehow this fool also finds it necessary to re-live his greatness at that too is there as well.Somehow he seems to be able to work that in no matter where he goes. I'm not even talking about his agenda, I'm talking about his untiring re-living of his GREATNESS.
    Maybe he is actually very insecure and feels the need to talk about how awesome he is as a defense mechanism.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I stand by my remarks. I don't know a scout worth his salt that wouldn't prefer a sports hero to a political hack. Trained bears would do. Which principles of scouting does Trump uphold?

As a former scout (although I may not be worth my salt)as well I have to say to have ANY sitting President, no matter the party, attend your jamboree and give a speech is pretty cool....I am no fan of Jimmy Carter but I would have been honored to have him speak (I didn't attend the big jamborees though, just local "camporees" and "Scout-O-76")....BSA tends to be a pretty patriotic bunch and I think it is just the honor of having a sitting president speak to you is the good part...Those boys will be able to say they have "seen" a sitting president live...I am north of 50 and I can not say that....

As far as what principles of scouting does Trump hold I believe love of God and country are two things shared by both....

IMHO Good Sir....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Maybe he is actually very insecure and feels the need to talk about how awesome he is as a defense mechanism.

Yes, that's pretty obvious.

Maybe he needs another one of those public Luv sucking up cabinet meetings. Oops, I almost vomited just thinking about it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Love of himself and his properties, maybe. I don't think God is in that man's life.

You are a fair minded individual Alpo....Love of country and God have been a part of Trump since the beginning...His mom (who he copies his hair after believe it or not) instilled that in him young and Military school hammered it in....Neither you or I can be certain what is in the heart of any man (or woman) but when it comes to love of God and country I tend to take peoples word for it.....He has risen high in life and throughout his career he has praised his God and country for the opportunities he has had......

Love of self is one thing that Trump and Obama seem to have in common and a wise preacher once told me before one can love anyone or anything they have to love themselves first....I know I love myself and (and my properties) and I don't consider myself a bad guy for doing so....

rimg.php

C'mon cowboy...What's not to love about a little property????:)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

I know that scouting is directly responsible for saving my bacon in dire situations more than once. It is objectionable to me that pederasts and politicians, conservatives and social justice warriors alike seek to make scouting that which it is not.

And I object to you injecting your #RESIST POLITICS into and upon a non-political organization. Sitting presidents have been invited to the National Jamboree since the first one:

You can call it a Jamboree tradition.

Since 1937 — the very first National Jamboree ever held — presidents have stopped by to speak to Jamboree participants.

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2...-continue-president-appear-national-jamboree/

The only Presidents who did not address the Jamboree (held every 4 years for non-scouts who did not know that, a president only gets one shot per term) are:

JFK - assassinated prior to the Jamboree, LBJ addressed instead
    Nixon - had previously addressed twice as VP, and, well, Vietnam, Watergate
    Reagan - in the hospital with gunshot wounds so Nancy filled his spot
    Obama - sent a minute and a half video during his first term and ignored the invitation on his second term

In addition, Obama forced the Jamboree from it's 30-year home in Fort A.P Hill due to anti-BSA politics, those politics which ultimately aided the pederasts you mention efforts to gain access to boys.

So, while you may personally hate and vilify Trump to the exclusion of all else, many felt the "love" of THE SITTING PRESIDENT once again supporting rather than vilifying scouting.

ETA: Oops, missed the Carter snub. Puts Obama in some sort of company, though I wouldn't exactly call that "good company". Thanks for the gentle reminder Indiucky.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    As a former scout (although I may not be worth my salt)as well I have to say to have ANY sitting President, no matter the party, attend your jamboree and give a speech is pretty cool....I am no fan of Jimmy Carter but I would have been honored to have him speak (I didn't attend the big jamborees though, just local "camporees" and "Scout-O-76")....BSA tends to be a pretty patriotic bunch and I think it is just the honor of having a sitting president speak to you is the good part...Those boys will be able to say they have "seen" a sitting president live...I am north of 50 and I can not say that....

As far as what principles of scouting does Trump hold I believe love of God and country are two things shared by both....

IMHO Good Sir....

Amen, brother.

Some will consider BSA as a "hate group" until and unless they add #RESIST to the Citizen in the Nation merit badge requirements. My retort to that and them would be decidedly un-scoutlike.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Who the **** is "#RESIST"? Something you've put on your list of un-American activities?

I don't have a twitter account. Twits.

I don't "hate" Trump. I think he's an embarassment for our nation. If you can't recognize him for what he is, again, that's on you.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you can't recognize him for what he is, again, that's on you.

Or history......

trump-immigrant.jpg

The Ellis Island Medals of Honor embody the spirit of America in their celebration of patriotism, tolerance, brotherhood and diversity. They recognize individuals who have made it their mission to share with those less fortunate their wealth of knowledge, indomitable courage, boundless compassion, unique talents and selfless generosity; all while maintaining the traditions of their ethnic heritage as they uphold the ideals and spirit of America. As always, NECO remains dedicated to the maintenance and restoration of America’s greatest symbol of its immigrant history, Ellis Island.

Top Bottom