Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sometimes I think there is no bottom to Trump's character. It's like he always has to outdo himself.
    He has to show that he is the smartest, bestest, most fantastic, President there ever was.

He needs to prove to all of the naysayers how wrong they were about him. The problem is that the actual way to do that is totally opposite what he actually does.

Did I mention the bestest?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Oh yeah, Boy Scout address.... Geez

Did you actually listen/watch it? I did... it is 80-90% exactly what I would expect of a speech for a BS Jamboree. Maybe 10-20% political, which for Trump, is as low as the volume dial goes, lol!

Anyhow, as a former scout and former leader, I'll take a President WHO F#CKING SHOWS UP and does a little politicking every time over one who boycotts the jamboree over politics! Oh, wait, I forgot, for the 100 year anniversary of scouting, Obama "mailed in" a pre-recorded minute and a half video.

WOW! Just, OMG! :rolleyes:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Did you actually listen/watch it? I did... it is 80-90% exactly what I would expect of a speech for a BS Jamboree. Maybe 10-20% political, which for Trump, is as low as the volume dial goes, lol!

Anyhow, as a former scout and former leader, I'll take a President WHO F#CKING SHOWS UP and does a little politicking every time over one who boycotts the jamboree over politics! Oh, wait, I forgot, for the 100 year anniversary of scouting, Obama "mailed in" a pre-recorded minute and a half video.

I did watch and for Trump it was mild, but you have to admit this guy is offensive and at best inappropriate. He just is.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I did watch and for Trump it was mild, but you have to admit this guy is offensive and at best inappropriate. He just is.

And, according to the b@t ***** cr@zy twitterverse, since the Boy Scouts booed Obama for NEVER APPEARING AT THE JAMBOREE EVEN ONCE IN EIGHT YEARS, they are now "Trump Youth", just a thin veneer of deniability from calling them "Hitler Youth", but we all know what they meant... right.

These people do not yet realize why they lost the last election... let alone why they didn't win by 50 points!!! :laugh:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    And, according to the b@t ***** cr@zy twitterverse, since the Boy Scouts booed Obama for NEVER APPEARING AT THE JAMBOREE EVEN ONCE IN EIGHT YEARS, they are now "Trump Youth", just a thin veneer of deniability from calling them "Hitler Youth", but we all know what they meant... right.

These people do not yet realize why they lost the last election... let alone why they didn't win by 50 points!!! :laugh:

Well I haven't paid attention to the Twitter universe. I'm just going off of what Trump often does and says. He's inappropriate and offensive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone have a link to Trump's Boy Scout speech? I guess it's time for me to hear for myself all the inappropriate things Trump said in that speech.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He's inappropriate and offensive.
    And was before the election, during the election, and since the election.

The electorate elected a known player. (Actually, that would've applied if HRC had won, too.)

They elected Trump, in part, because of it. So, it isn't really a legitimate criticism.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    And was before the election, during the election, and since the election.

The electorate elected a known player. (Actually, that would've applied if HRC had won, too.)

They elected Trump, in part, because of it. So, it isn't really a legitimate criticism.

If he is then he is regardless of the outcome of an election. In fact I would say this is partly to blame for his low approval rate. If the point can be made that he's offensive then sir he is offensive. Just because he won, that doesn't excuse that fact.

But i I guess you also wish me to believe because he won he's not a narcisist or a habitual liar.

Sorry, but even though he won it doesn't change what he is. He an offensive, nacisitic, bully, and habitual liar.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If he is then he is regardless of the outcome of an election. In fact I would say this is partly to blame for his low approval rate. If the point can be made that he's offensive then sir he is offensive. Just because he won, that doesn't excuse that fact.

But i I guess you also wish me to believe because he won he's not a narcisist or a habitual liar.

Sorry, but even though he won it doesn't change what he is. He an offensive, nacisitic, bully, and habitual liar.
    I think you misunderstand.

I, and everyone who paid any attention to the election, knows that Trump has all of those personality flaws you mention, and more.

And still he was elected. To be our president. Those personality flaws are part of the reason people voted for him. They WANTED that.

So, to criticize him for them is basically to confirm to the electorate that they got what they wanted. It isn't ACTUALLY criticism. It is validation.

IMHO, Trump critics - and the MSM - would do far better to criticize him for things he's actually doing (or not doing) at a policy level. The personality stuff really doesn't matter at this point.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Actually, I wasn't talking about his politicking. I was speaking about a 71 year old man talking to a bunch of pre-teen and teenage boys a "yacht story" and the "very interesting life" of a wealthy man. He wouldn't "go into" it any further, because "you know, life." A sitting president, relaying a suggestive story to a bunch of boys. C'mon MAN, it's the Boy Scouts!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I was a scout. If Al Kaline showed up, I woulda been real happy. Who the **** cares about political hacks when you're a scout?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

I, and everyone who paid any attention to the election, knows that Trump has all of those personality flaws you mention, and more.

And still he was elected. To be our president. Those personality flaws are part of the reason people voted for him. They WANTED that.

So, to criticize him for them is basically to confirm to the electorate that they got what they wanted. It isn't ACTUALLY criticism. It is validation.

IMHO, Trump critics - and the MSM - would do far better to criticize him for things he's actually doing (or not doing) at a policy level. The personality stuff really doesn't matter at this point.

His supporters may very well find these serious character flaws endearing, but that doesn't mean I have too. Sorry I'm not lowering my expectations of what I expect from an adult let alone our President.

I just find it amazing how the growing sentiment seems to be that to counter bad behavior is to accept it.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Actually, I wasn't talking about his politicking. I was speaking about a 71 year old man talking to a bunch of pre-teen and teenage boys a "yacht story" and the "very interesting life" of a wealthy man. He wouldn't "go into" it any further, because "you know, life." A sitting president, relaying a suggestive story to a bunch of boys. C'mon MAN, it's the Boy Scouts!

Well said.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I just find it amazing how the growing sentiment seems to be that to counter bad behavior is to accept it.

I don't even understand this.

Countering bad behavior suggests the opposite of accepting it.

I'm just saying that beating the same drumbeat gets tiring - both for the drummer and the listener. At some point, it is time to move on.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Are we talking about the primaries or the general election? In the primaries, especially early on, I think you are correct. In the general election, I think the percentage was much smaller. I think it was much more the "anyone but Hillary" vote that put him over the top.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I don't even understand this.

Countering bad behavior suggests the opposite of accepting it.

I'm just saying that beating the same drumbeat gets tiring - both for the drummer and the listener. At some point, it is time to move on.

Exactly, and that's the problem with someone saying we shouldn't stand up and say something is wrong when it is wrong. If it's inappropriate it's inappropriate. When he says something at the time he says it and it's wrong then at that time it's appropriate to critizize him for doing so. If they get tired, it's only because he continues to do so. They may like it, but there are those that disagree. Too bad, too sad, and I am equally sure they believe the same just opposite of what I do. Tough cookies.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So bent out of shape over words :runaway:

it's the actions of government that concern me

That's only part of the problem. His actions and his incompetence are extremely troublesome and dangerous as well. Maybe you missed that, or then again maybe you embrace chaos and wreckless policies.

Top Bottom