Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Who the **** is "#RESIST"? Something you've put on your list of un-American activities?

#RESIST is anti-Trump above all else, EVEN if it is to the detriment of the country as a whole and inflicts violence upon innocent individual. So, I'd say it self-describes as anti-American in that regard.

I don't "hate" Trump.

Oreally... :lol2:

I think he's an embarassment for our nation. If you can't recognize him for what he is, again, that's on you.

At least this "embarassment" has some effective policies and didn't start his term with a world tour of apologizing to, bowing to and kissing-the-@ss of those who hate us. And, that was the high point of Obama's foreign policy disasters.

I'll mark this as an upgrade, thank you very much.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The open invitation to the sitting president to address the National Jamboree has been longstanding, and the list of presidents accepting and attending in person is long, going back to FDR, with a notable exception.

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2...of-presidential-visits-at-national-jamborees/

Posturing "your experience" as typical is your problem, as well as false. Well, at least a continuation of a long running state of "denial".

Don't you mean several notable exceptions? Presidents Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, JFK didn't while they were president, but I'm betting your notable exception is Obama.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lindsay Graham comes outs swinging... saying that the president will have "holy hell to pay" if he fires sessions, and that it may be the "beginning of the end" of the Trump presidency if he fires Mueller without him having done something wrong.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Who the **** is "#RESIST"? Something you've put on your list of un-American activities?

I don't have a twitter account. Twits.

I don't "hate" Trump. I think he's an embarassment for our nation. If you can't recognize him for what he is, again, that's on you.

I'm the one who hates Trump, recognizes he's bad for our country, and see's he's also an embarrassment.

Amazing to me how bad behavior has become so good since Trump. Does he have a pipe, and are you ready to follow the piper off the cliff?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Don't you mean several notable exceptions? Presidents Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, JFK didn't while they were president, but I'm betting your notable exception is Obama.

The National Jamboree is every four years, so a full-term president only gets one shot per term. Reagan accepted, but was in the hospital with a gunshot wound, so Nancy filled in his place. Ford didn't have a full-term, JFK was assassinated 7 months prior and Nixon addressed twice as VP when Ike was ill, but technically, yeah didn't as President.

So, Obama takes his place with Carter and Nixon... lovely company.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Lindsay Graham comes outs swinging... saying that the president will have "holy hell to pay" if he fires sessions, and that it may be the "beginning of the end" of the Trump presidency if he fires Mueller without him having done something wrong.

Agreed, I've always said I double dare him to fire Mueller, but maybe Sessions might be enough. Funny how double dare seems to be so effective with Trump. If only I could get on MSM i think I might just be able to get him to do it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    #RESIST is anti-Trump above all else, EVEN if it is to the detriment of the country as a whole and inflicts violence upon innocent individual. So, I'd say it self-describes as anti-American in that regard.

Oreally... :lol2:

At least this "embarassment" has some effective policies and didn't start his term with a world tour of apologizing to, bowing to and kissing-the-@ss of those who hate us. And, that was the high point of Obama's foreign policy disasters.

I'll mark this as an upgrade, thank you very much.

The "But Obama" is a tired old saw. It is not a point of view. It is failure to develop an objective view of the present circumstances.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I'm the one who hates Trump, recognizes he's bad for our country, and see's he's also an embarrassment.

Amazing to me how bad behavior has become so good since Trump.

Nope, it's just the same Saul Alinsky playbook "we" have been on the receiving end for quite sometime. Doesn't feel so good when the "other side" fights fire with fire, does it? The whole "we can dish it out, but can't take it" saw. The only "good" I see is leftist fascists clutching their pearls with "They, they can't do that to us... only WE can do that to them. We'll burn the whole bitc# down."

Not pretty. Not good. But true.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    The "But Obama" is a tired old saw. It is not a point of view. It is failure to develop an objective view of the present circumstances.

And, denying that there were only two choices this past November is remaining stuck in the denial phase. There are 12 steps left to go...

ETA: BTW, Obama "but Bush"'ed for his whole 8 years. Lol!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If only I could get on MSM i think I might just be able to get him to do it.

You are doing a GREAT job of articulating the feelings of the MSM and their agenda...Don't sell yourself short good sir...You are like a Hoosier Joy Behar or Chris Hayes.......Some guys on here would not hear those views if you were not on here articulating it...You may not be on the MSM but you are doing their work...Good on you for doing so....An ideological bubble can be suffocating and you get to articulate their views to others that may not hear them...

Keep it up....:yesway::ingo::yesway:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And, denying that there were only two choices this past November is remaining stuck in the denial phase. There are 12 steps left to go...

ETA: BTW, Obama "but Bush"'ed for his whole 8 years. Lol!

What is it like walking backwards all your life?

(psst ... 12 steps minus 1 is 11, or were you in a 13 step program? That's what happens when you walk backwards, it takes more steps to get where you're going when you can't see the point vector :) )

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    What is it like walking backwards all your life?

(psst ... 12 steps minus 1 is 11, or were you in a 13 step program? That's what happens when you walk backwards, it takes more steps to get where you're going when you can't see the point vector :) )

You're still IN DENIAL and haven't acknowledged it, hence you have 12 steps to take.

Just say "I'm Alpo and I'm in denial of the election." We'll all say hello, clap, then you'll just have 11 to go. :):

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Nope, it's just the same Saul Alinsky playbook "we" have been on the receiving end for quite sometime. Doesn't feel so good when the "other side" fights fire with fire, does it? The whole "we can dish it out, but can't take it" saw. The only "good" I see is leftist fascists clutching their pearls with "They, they can't do that to us... only WE can do that to them. We'll burn the whole bitc# down."

Not pretty. Not good. But true.

I really hate that it's gotten to this point. I mean admit I hate Trump, but I believe I have reasons I don't like him as strongly as I do. I just don't see that elvoving to the point I'm willing to lower my values to get back at him. I mean I want something better not something equally or worse than him to replace him.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You are doing a GREAT job of articulating the feelings of the MSM and their agenda...Don't sell yourself short good sir...You are like a Hoosier Joy Behar or Chris Hayes.......Some guys on here would not hear those views if you were not on here articulating it...You may not be on the MSM but you are doing their work...Good on you for doing so....An ideological bubble can be suffocating and you get to articulate their views to others that may not hear them...

Keep it up....:yesway::ingo::yesway:

And then again maybe these are just my beliefs based on what I've seen Trump do. For all his hate of the MSM he seems to spend an inordinate amount of time talking too, talking about, and Re-Tweeting it. Most of his actions seemed to be governed by it. He's a Media Hound and ever since impersonating as a representative for himself and probably way before it's the Media that drives him. The rags like the failing NY Times are the ones he plays to most.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I'll grant you that it's mean and it's ugly and in no way is how I would want it to be.

But, the reason that Trump has the approval he has (I wouldn't approve, btw, unless the question was strictly a policy one) is because the left has been mean and ugly for a long time, that pre-dates Obama. Some, who have been on the receiving end of uncalled for "mean and ugly" are cheering that there are finally outbound salvos of equal nastiness to what has been inbound. It's not "good" and it's not "right", but it is retribution and it is finally somewhere near even.

The left has been in the "any means justifies the ends" mode for so long, that they fail to see that Trump balances their nastiness.

Until the norms return to Buckley and Vidal types of debate, free exchange of the best ideas from left and right, expect more of the nastiness from both sides. Krauthammer and French are among my "voices of reason" from the right. I've yet to find one from the left but am open to suggestions.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'll grant you that it's mean and it's ugly and in no way is how I would want it to be.

But, the reason that Trump has the approval he has (I wouldn't approve, btw, unless the question was strictly a policy one) is because the left has been mean and ugly for a long time, that pre-dates Obama. Some, who have been on the receiving end of uncalled for "mean and ugly" are cheering that there are finally outbound salvos of equal nastiness to what has been inbound. It's not "good" and it's not "right", but it is retribution and it is finally somewhere near even.

The left has been in the "any means justifies the ends" mode for so long, that they fail to see that Trump balances their nastiness.

Until the norms return to Buckley and Vidal types of debate, free exchange of the best ideas from left and right, expect more of the nastiness from both sides. Krauthammer and French are among my "voices of reason" from the right. I've yet to find one from the left but am open to suggestions.

I have hope and I remain faithful. Unfortunately the best I can do I think is to keep my fingers crossed. D*** I hate this cr**.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Boy Scouts Statement following the president's visit:

“The Boys Scouts of America is wholly non-partisan and does not promote any one position, product, service, political candidate or philosophy,”
    [FONT=PT Serif, serif]“The invitation for the sitting U.S. President to visit the National Jamboree is a long-standing tradition and is in no way an endorsement of any political party of specific policies.”[/FONT]

Apparently they didn't like being a political platform for the president.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Boy Scouts Statement following the president's visit:

[/SIZE]

Apparently they didn't like being a political platform for the president.

If they really didn't want to be then they shouldn't have invited him. Ok, maybe their intentions were such from the beginning. But who after all this time in their right mind is naive enough to not know what your getting when you invite Trump to speak?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I have hope and I remain faithful. Unfortunately the best I can do I think is to keep my fingers crossed. D*** I hate this cr**.

Then, and I mean this sincerely, quit actively participating in it. You are titting, for Trump's tatting.

If they really didn't want to be then they shouldn't have invited him. Ok, maybe their intentions were such from the beginning. But who after all this time in their right mind is naive enough to not know what your getting when you invite Trump to speak?

Because the organization is apolitical, just as they said in their statement. #RESIST #BecauseBecauseTrump is political (to the extreme, btw). Standing invitation the the sitting president is apolitical. I.e. you elect him or her, and we invite them. Period.

Top Bottom