Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can I get a cite to the statute you are referencing? Thx.

I heard this stated and talked about by some talking heads. Supposedly legal experts. The argument that ensued was mostly whether the law's obvious intended purpose (don't take bribes or gifts that might cause a conflict of interest) could be stretched to include getting help from foreign countries to dig up dirt on an opponent. I think it could be argued that it could, especially if there's an expected quid pro quo for the assist.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Thanks Alpo....He sums up what I love about Trump perfectly...And he's got a point that they may (I do not think Ivanka, for whatever reason, is as guilty of this as the boys) fall in to the "Chelsea Trap"....I.E. "I deserve to work for NBC, run for office, help mom's campaign, write a book because, Hey...I am the Clinton's daughter..." Out of all of the kids I see Ivanka as someone we will see more of in the future...She has an ability (I have heard) to come across as genuine with construction workers as she does with wealthy people....She truly comes across as "genuine" (whatever that means) and I think it's real...Someone said when she was a little girl she would hang out on construction sites with the workers and she may have picked up that ability there....I know many don't believe it but Trump has it too....He seems to connect with people....I remember an interview he did years ago when he said he gets along better, with doormen, cooks, cab drivers, firemen, cops etc....Than he does with the NYC elite class..The interviewer asked him if he is bothered by the fact he has never been accepted in the elite social circles in NYC and he answered that way...I remember being impressed a little by that...the fact that it didn't bother him....

And I loved the book but the film version of "Bonfire of the Vanities" was not that good....Wolfe can write for certain...

[FONT=&]"Say what you will about President Trump, and I’ve said plenty; you can’t say he ever lacked for what New Yorkers call chutzpah. He had the brass ornaments to risk his modest inheritance, to plow through bankruptcies, to court public humiliation in pursuit of far-flung enterprises. I actually admire that.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&]He had the temerity to run for president, which is more than a lot of more able, more qualified politicians will ever be able to say. If our most capable political leaders had half of Trump’s adventurism, he’d probably still be living on Fifth Avenue."[/FONT]

Truth be known, I admire Ivanka. Boys' privilege and Type A personalities always an obstacle in her way. I do believe she's adept. The boys? Meh. I've know enough over-privileged little pricks to see them as no different than the rest. Daddy had chutzpah. They are sycophants.

I preferred "A Man in Full" to Bonfires. Really liked Wolfe after "Electric Acid Kool-Aid Test". I didn't know any of those folks, but I thought he caught the times very well.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why do you ontinue to justify one wrong because of another wrong? Why can't you just admit any wrong is just plain wrong?

Seriously? You can't see any difference between someone having a conversation regarding an opponent's illegal activities (which has zero cash value) and tens of millions of dollars in bribe money?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Seriously? You can't see any difference between someone having a conversation regarding an opponent's illegal activities (which has zero cash value) and tens of millions of dollars in bribe money?

But you don't see that both are wrong?

Sure glad your not teaching ethics.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    But you don't see that both are wrong?

Sure glad your not teaching ethics.

Sure hope you are not in a position where it is necessary to discern degrees of importance.
    Jaywalking and rape are both illegal. Only an idiot sees no difference between them.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Why do you ontinue to justify one wrong because of another wrong? Why can't you just admit any wrong is just plain wrong?

I don't ..... I just point out, that "their" side did it, and NOTHING happens .....

When "our" side does the EXACT same thing, it is IMPEACHMENT .....

I want, and EXPECT the same, from BOTH sides .....

I am just TIRED, of everyone ignoring everything that bill, or "h" is or was "accused" of

or bho, for that matter,

But when a "R" does it something HAS to be done .....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Sure hope you are not in a position where it is necessary to discern degrees of importance.
    Jaywalking and rape are both illegal. Only an idiot sees no difference between them.

Yes, yes consulting with a foreign government represenative about dirt on ones political opponent is so acceptable. Atta boy Donny boy your such a fine young man. We should be only so lucky to have more fine Republican men such as he.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I don't ..... I just point out, that "their" side did it, and NOTHING happens .....

When "our" side does the EXACT same thing, it is IMPEACHMENT .....

I want, and EXPECT the same, from BOTH sides .....

I am just TIRED, of everyone ignoring everything that bill, or "h" is or was "accused" of

But when a "R" does it something HAS to be done .....

Well then, I guess it's high time more Americans stand up and demand better.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yes, yes consulting with a foreign government represenative about dirt on ones political opponent is so acceptable. Atta boy Donny boy your such a fine young man. We should be only so lucky to have more fine Republican men such as he.

If both sides are corrupt, the only thing you can reasonably wish for is that the one who more closely aligns with your beliefs comes out on top.
    Sometimes the ends really do justify the means.
    If you are looking for decency, fairness and honesty in politics, you are only going to die bitter.

It's ok to wish for the best. But there is also a thing called the "real world."

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    If both sides are corrupt, the only thing you can reasonably wish for is that the one who more closely aligns with your beliefs comes out on top.
    Sometimes the ends really do justify the means.
    If you are looking for decency, fairness and honesty in politics, you are only going to die bitter.

It's ok to wish for the best. But there is also a thing called the "real world."

Yep, this kind of thinking has nothing to do with how things can get even worse. No, not one bit. He or she did something wrong but guess what I can do them one worse. Yeah, gotta luv this type of thinking.

Is this what you teach your kids?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    tumblr_m9844cFElg1rsy8rwo1_500.gif

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yep, this kind of thinking has nothing to do with how things can get even worse. No, not one bit. He or she did something wrong but guess what I can do them one worse. Yeah, gotta luv this type of thinking.

I would like to again thank you again for the work you are doing to help get Donald Trump reelected....We had so many guys on the fence or wishy washy about Trump and thanks to your efforts I see those same guys now tooting the horn on the Trump train.....

From the bottom of my heart...Thank you....You good sir are "Making America Great Again"....And your efforts are not unnoticed by myself...

However, the numerous attempts to question fellow INGOers parenting skills should probably be left unsaid....We need you here for Trump's reelection and INGO can get kind of funny on personal attacks...Just letting you know.....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I would like to again thank you again for the work you are doing to help get Donald Trump reelected....We had so many guys on the fence or wishy washy about Trump and thanks to your efforts I see those same guys now tooting the horn on the Trump train.....

From the bottom of my heart...Thank you....You good sir are "Making America Great Again"....And your efforts are not unnoticed by myself...

However, the numerous attempts to question fellow INGOers parenting skills should probably be left unsaid....We need you here for Trump's reelection and INGO can get kind of funny on personal attacks...Just letting you know.....

Oh I don't know. If ne finds it acceptable why should he take offense?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Because it is one thing to argue points. It is another thing entirely to speak about those who have no part in the debate.

This...^^^^^^^

I like what you bring to the table...You have brought guys over to Trump that I never thought would be defending him and that is beautiful...But using words like "idiot" or insinuating that someone is a bad parent because they have a different opinion than you is not good....

Alpo, Kut and I agree on little but I could hang all day with those guys and have nary a cross word come from any of us...We disagree, but we respect each other and "accent the positive and negate the negative".....Give it a try....

IMHO

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Well, they are in their 20's, so I'm done teaching them anything, for the most part. I like to think that I sent them in the right direction, with a firm grip on reality.
    They don't spend inordinate amounts of time screeching about political BS like hysterical, petulant children on gun forums, so at least I've got that, which is nice.

:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This...^^^^^^^

I like what you bring to the table...You have brought guys over to Trump that I never thought would be defending him and that is beautiful...But using words like "idiot" or insinuating that someone is a bad parent because they have a different opinion than you is not good....

Alpo, Kut and I agree on little but I could hang all day with those guys and have nary a cross word come from any of us...We disagree, but we respect each other and "accent the positive and negate the negative".....Give it a try....

IMHO

I am thinking a round table at your shop. It could be epic. In many ways.....:):

Top Bottom