Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    tumblr_m9844cFElg1rsy8rwo1_500.gif

The Watchers.........

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can I get a cite to the statute you are referencing? Thx.

11 CFR 110.20 (a)(7)(b)

(b)Contributions and donations by foreign nationals in connection with elections. A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value, or expressly or impliedly promise to make a contribution or a donation, in connection with any Federal, State, or local election.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    A "thing of value" and "anything of value" appear literally hundreds of times throughout the federal code (i.e. US law), so it is not a new question. Prior to OhMyGodButButTrump!, information was not considered "anything of value".

https://definitions.uslegal.com/a/anything-of-value/

But, OhMyGodButButTrump! , so let's all lose our everlasting minds and make **** up!

Because of course, every campaign ever has reported every political tip they've ever received on their FEC campaign contribution forms because it's well established that political oppo research information is a "thing of value". Right? DECIDEDLY NOT!!! NOT EVER!

Has anyone seen a cite of case law establishing that political information is a LEGAL "thing of value"? Anyone? Anyone?

Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Because of course, every campaign ever has reported every political tip they've ever received on their FEC campaign contribution forms because it's well established that political oppo research information is a "thing of value". Right? DECIDEDLY NOT!!! NOT EVER!

Has anyone seen a cite of case law establishing that political information is a LEGAL "thing of value"? Anyone? Anyone?

Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?
    I'm not sure what that internet definition is based on but...

Indiana Code Title 24. Trade Regulation § 24-2-3-2 | FindLaw

"Trade secrets" includes "information" that has an economic value from not being known.

But, don't just trust me, look at the FEC direction on this prior to the current debacle.

https://www.fec.gov/updates/foreign-nationals/

Now, the important part here is a bit of a different emphasis - and that is foreign nationals working with political candidates.

Commission regulations prohibit foreign nationals from directing, dictating, controlling, or directly or indirectly participating in the decision-making process of any person (such as a corporation, labor organization, political committee, or political organization) with regard to any election-related activities. Such activities include, the making of contributions, donations, expenditures, or disbursements in connection with any federal or nonfederal elections in the United States, or decisions concerning the administration of any political committee.
    (Bold added by me.)

Further, FEC determination (sorta) that a document that consisted of information regarding state political contacts was (sorta) a thing of value, but one that should not be pursued.

https://www.fec.gov/resources/about-fec/commissioners/toner/sor/sormur5409.pdf

That's actually an interesting situation at several levels. Some of which support your assertion; some of which don't. :)

ETA:
    Check out footnote 50.
    http://eqs.fec.gov/eqsdocsMUR/15044374076.pdf

Includes conjugal visits.

bow chicka bow bow

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I'm not sure what that internet definition is based on but...

Indiana Code Title 24. Trade Regulation § 24-2-3-2 | FindLaw

"Trade secrets" includes "information" that has an economic value from not being known.

But, don't just trust me, look at the FEC direction on this prior to the current debacle.

https://www.fec.gov/updates/foreign-nationals/

Now, the important part here is a bit of a different emphasis - and that is foreign nationals working with political candidates.

(Bold added by me.)

Further, FEC determination (sorta) that a document that consisted of information regarding state political contacts was (sorta) a thing of value, but one that should not be pursued.

https://www.fec.gov/resources/about-fec/commissioners/toner/sor/sormur5409.pdf

That's actually an interesting situation at several levels. Some of which support your assertion; some of which don't. :)
    None of the cases established that the "information" itself of intrinsic value. Quite the opposite. That's why, for example, employers require employees to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement to establish that information is valuable and disclosure of the information is actionable.

If you run against someone else for dogcatcher in Podunkville population 47, SOMEONE will come out of the woodwork with "Did you know your opponent did X! Gasp!" I think you would be hard-pressed to find a contested election anywhere in the country, at any level, where each major candidate did not receive such "tips". Which, if they are "things of value" would require some level of reporting such "donations".

Doesn't happen because they are not.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    None of the cases established that the "information" itself of intrinsic value. Quite the opposite. That's why, for example, employers require employees to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement to establish that information is valuable and disclosure of the information is actionable.

If you run against someone else for dogcatcher in Podunkville population 47, SOMEONE will come out of the woodwork with "Did you know your opponent did X! Gasp!" I think you would be hard-pressed to find a contested election anywhere in the country, at any level, where each major candidate did not receive such "tips". Which, if they are "things of value" would require some level of reporting such "donations".

Doesn't happen because they are not.
    Did you see the edit with the fn. 50? :)

I'll concede it is technical violation that is rarely enforced. But, that does not make it a non-violation.

And, in the context of information/thing of value from a foreign national, it becomes a different issue.

Now, to be clear, there is more smoke with this than fire. The foreign national at issue DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAVE information of value.

In fact, the setup to this almost makes it look like a political sting designed to get the Trump campaign into the exact trick bag that they now find themselves in. It just took longer than expected for it to come to fruition.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Did you see the edit with the fn. 50? :)

First, not information. Second, not a court, but a politically appointed FEC comission. Third, they found against. With good reason... "coercing" police, uniformed military, etc. to stand behind the president would then be far worse violations of state/federal laws prohibiting such entities from making campaign contributions. So, yeah, it's wrong, but not illegal.

I'll concede it is technical violation that is rarely enforced. But, that does not make it a non-violation.
    And I'd say none... because, if fully adjudicated, it would be found to 1) not be in the law, and 2) even if it were, to be a unconstitutional restriction of freedom of speech and association.

And, in the context of information/thing of value from a foreign national, it becomes a different issue.

More restrictive laws govern what a foreign national may not do, but it doesn't change the meaning of a "thing of value".

Now, to be clear, there is more smoke with this than fire. The foreign national at issue DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAVE information of value.

In fact, the setup to this almost makes it look like a political sting designed to get the Trump campaign into the exact trick bag that they now find themselves in. It just took longer than expected for it to come to fruition.
    Could be, but I don't buy it. Unless something new comes up, I think she really wanted face time to talk about the adoption ban and sanctions, and used the "dirt" as a ruse to get that face time.

And, Don, Jr's naivete not to "know a guy who knows a guy" to take the meeting at double-arm's length, the way all "seasoned politicians" do it. Lol! Yes, they sure as hell take the meeting... but not themselves!

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Sure, it could be a conspiracy... but more likely, for years she has been talking about the Magnitsky Act and adoption ban with anyone who would sit still long enough to listen. Trump and company, being new in town, hadn't heard her pitch yet. Then, it was just a matter of her figuring out someone who knew the Trumps (the singer and publicist) and some pretext for them to actually take the meeting (dirt) so she could deliver her spiel.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So the excuse is that the Democrats set up Trump Jr, because they knew he was stupid? Lol.... I'm going to have a shot of snapps for that one (and it seems plausible, lol). Prost!

Kut (loves the stupidly defense)

You misspelled Zima Kut.....(Oh and maybe "arrogant" or "ignorant" instead of "stupid"...It hurts to see you less gentlemanly than you normally are...)

:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure, it could be a conspiracy... but more likely, for years she has been talking about the Magnitsky Act and adoption ban with anyone who would sit still long enough to listen. Trump and company, being new in town, hadn't heard her pitch yet. Then, it was just a matter of her figuring out someone who knew the Trumps (the singer and publicist) and some pretext for them to actually take the meeting (dirt) so she could deliver her spiel.

An adoption pitch with an unknown in the middle of the campaign that hadnt even been determined? It would great to see comrade lawyer show documentation of her attempt to speak with the Clinton campaign...but don't hold your breath.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No Zima in Berlin. :( But I did get them to stock Makers and JD.

You the man brother....Got Kentucky and Tennessee covered....:yesway:

Your brother doing good???? Snookering any ladies into thinking you are a movie star, pro athlete, Hip Hop Mogul, or are you just going with the "International Man of Mystery" ploy????

"Girl I could tell you why I am in Berlin...But then I would have to kill you...With kindness...."

:)

Top Bottom