Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yah. I had someone send me something from them. If you have a copy of your old SAT scores, a 1250 qualifies you for entry (post 1974 through 1994, 1995 and later not eligible). Pre-1975 is 1300. There are some documentation hoops to go through, but yeah, you can get in.

Then the question is: Do you really want to join Mensa?

By the way, there is a more exclusive group called Prometheus. Documented IQ's over 165, I think. Might be higher. Not much is published on them. Apparently only 100 qualify for entry in the USA. 100 in 320 million. Mensa is 1 in 30,000 if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wait, you mean I could qualify for MENSA? Boy am I gonna have fun with this!

To this day, the first thing I think of when I hear "Mensa" is that it's a organization for genius women (I know it's not). In my youth, I may or may not have seen a gentleman's magazine that had an article about the "Women of Mensa." lol

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    so, you think people scramble for senior positions because of the salary? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oops... missed this. Yes, money or/and power. She has exactly ZERO institutional power. The only power she has is the president's ear... her official position affects that nada as she would have it regardless.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think she got a foto op in the big boy group and it looks good on a bragging wall. When Trump is out of office, she'll go back to selling shoes. Like Limbaugh did.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oops... missed this. Yes, money or/and power. She has exactly ZERO institutional power. The only power she has is the president's ear... her official position affects that nada as she would have it regardless.

Persuasion... remember, she and her family have brands. Brands that some would say people are reminded of, every time they meet one of the Trumps/Kushners. To those that seek favor with the administration, the private enterprises of the members of the administration are things that are good to know. Multiple years of globetrotting and having the best podium in the world to show your face? You can't get better advertising.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To this day, the first thing I think of when I hear "Mensa" is that it's a organization for genius women (I know it's not). In my youth, I may or may not have seen a gentleman's magazine that had an article about the "Women of Mensa." lol
    Did you dig it out of the trash? I can't imagine that particular issue would be very popular.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    so, you think people scramble for senior positions because of the salary? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, I am saying that more than half the Wharton class graduates with honors. If you want to refute my claim, do your own research. Honors vary by class and are based upon GPA, not the median or mean.

Besides me? Why would I care? Besides, that isn't the same for transfer and legacy students, or did you miss that?

Did my own research, as invited. You would seem to be wrong. Wharton is the fourth entry on page two (ideally link will take you directly there) and it shows only top quintile gets honors designation

Conveniently, Columbia is the next entry and seems to be ... even less selective

How MBAs Are Graded At Top Schools - Page 2 of 2

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Are we really equating SAT scores to diplomatic qualifications? I had a 1400+ SAT and I think the very notion is freaking ridiculous. I was unaware that high school algebra, geometry, or reading comp etc. had anything to do with foreign affairs...

No, not at all... an epithet was hurled that Ivanka was nothing more than a dumb bimbo. The point Alpo avoids at all costs is that some who scores that on the SAT, or in the alternative, graduates with honors within a cohort of such high SAT scorers, is not dumb, quite the opposite.

Yah. I had someone send me something from them. If you have a copy of your old SAT scores, a 1250 qualifies you for entry (post 1974 through 1994, 1995 and later not eligible). Pre-1975 is 1300. There are some documentation hoops to go through, but yeah, you can get in.

Then the question is: Do you really want to join Mensa?

By the way, there is a more exclusive group called Prometheus. Documented IQ's over 165, I think. Might be higher. Not much is published on them. Apparently only 100 qualify for entry in the USA. 100 in 320 million. Mensa is 1 in 30,000 if I remember correctly.

I don't think that Mensa has ever been that exclusive (I could be wrong) as I had a co-worker, who was a Mensa member, encourage me to apply. Wasn't interested. Their current website states 98th percentile on a standardized test, so 2% or 1-in-50 qualify. I do believe in the past it was harder to join, though I thought it was the top 1%.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I looked up Alpo's academic records. Dude's smart. No doubt. Turns out he graduated summa cūm laude, with a MS in BS from Trump University. It's true because I made the claim. Prove me wrong.

Or. Maybe Alpo can provide some evidence that adequately disputes the 2005 Forbes article that says Ivanka graduated Summa from Wharton. And, Alpo can provide the evidence that shows that >half the students graduate with honors. I'm not saying that he's wrong. But if his claims are true until someone else proves he's wrong, so are mine.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I looked up Alpo's academic records. Dude's smart. No doubt. Turns out he graduated summa cūm laude, with a MS in BS from Trump University. It's true because I made the claim. Prove me wrong.

Or. Maybe Alpo can provide some evidence that adequately disputes the 2005 Forbes article that says Ivanka graduated Summa from Wharton. And, Alpo can provide the evidence that shows that >half the students graduate with honors. I'm not saying that he's wrong. But if his claims are true until someone else proves he's wrong, so are mine.

If you really want to do it right you need a website, maybe Jamilnews. com or something. Post it there, and attribute it to confidential sources. Then post a link.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Well, if MBAs were relevant to the discussion.... unfortunately N/A. Lol

Wharton undergraduates face the same grading standards as MBAs, A-F with pluses and minuses:

https://undergrad-inside.wharton.upenn.edu/grades/

The minuses "hurt" the top tier student by making it harder to achieve an A. What would otherwise be a "low A" becomes an A- (3.7), or with some profs, a B+ (3.3) and a corresponding GPA hit. The purpose of minuses is to differentiate between A students, which pretty much everyone going to Wharton was in high school.

This article indicates that in the early 2000's, around the time Ivanka graduated, the average GPA for UNDERGRADUATES at the Wharton School of Business was 3.34.

The Daily Pennsylvanian | GPA differences mean less than some students expect

Note that if the average is 3.34 and a 3.4 minimum GPA (3.4-3.6) is required to achieve c*m laude honors, then the average student DOES NOT achieve the distinction. A Wharton grad with c*m laude honors is ABOVE AVERAGE within a very select class of academics allowed into Wharton. Not dumb bimbo territory, lol!

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wharton undergraduates face the same grading standards as MBAs, A-F with pluses and minuses:

https://undergrad-inside.wharton.upenn.edu/grades/

The minuses "hurt" the top tier student by making it harder to achieve an A. What would otherwise be a "low A" becomes an A- (3.7), or with some profs, a B+ (3.3) and a corresponding GPA hit. The purpose of minuses is to differentiate between A students, which pretty much everyone going to Wharton was in high school.

This article indicates that in the early 2000's, around the time Ivanka graduated, the average GPA for UNDERGRADUATES at the Wharton School of Business was 3.34.

The Daily Pennsylvanian | GPA differences mean less than some students expect

Note that if the average is 3.34 and a 3.4 minimum GPA (3.4-3.6) is required to achieve c*m laude honors, then the average student DOES NOT achieve the distinction. A Wharton grad with c*m laude honors is ABOVE AVERAGE within a very select class of academics allowed into Wharton. Not dumb bimbo territory, lol!

Funny, Wharton MBAs and undergrads faced the same grading standards as mine in the 5th grade (whatever that means). Believe it or not, an MBA typically holds a bit more clout than an undergraduate degree or passing the 5th grade. If you're going to throw around Ivanka's schooling, don't use degrees she doesn't have to try and make your point.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I did graduate SCL. Don't know where you found that.

As to the rest, you didn't use much elbow grease in the research dept.

When Lewis Halpern was reporting on Ivanka in 2009, she called the University of Pennsylvania's registrar’s office to fact-check the claim on the back of Ivanka’s book (since repeated by many media outlets and also on the paperback released a year later) that she graduated summa *** laude. It’s a distinction that requires a 3.8 cumulative grade point average.
    Lewis Halpern said that an employee at the registrar's office told her that Ivanka had graduated *** laude, two notches below summa, with a 3.4 grade point average. This employee appears to have overlooked two university protocols: releasing grade point averages and having the registrar's office confirm information to a journalist. (“I talked the person into it,” Lewis Halpern told me.)
    When presented with this information last week, Ivanka’s team acknowledged the error and noted that other bios of hers (including on the Trump Organization website) reflect her actual degree distinction. “Any instance of confusion surrounding the specific level of honors she earned will certainly be clarified,” said Abigail Klem, her chief brand officer. This exaggeration of her academic record brings Ivanka into similar territory as other members of the Trump family.

Is Ivanka for real? - The Huffington Post

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems to me that, as fascinating as this is, a thread about Trump's approval rating would look at the impact Ivanka's seat-holding would have on ... Trump's approval.

Qualifications can always be suspect. But, as a political matter, what are the ramifications of what actually took place? None. Ivanka's seat-holder status ought not impact Trump's approval because nothing other than an arguable protocol violation happened.

If there is a motion to create an Ivanka approval thread, complete with photographic reference material, I would second it. Otherwise, I see this less than smoke and more... soft, gentle morning fog whispers rising gently from a pond after a cool evening.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It is the gestalt of the entirety of Trumpism. He continues to underwhelm.

Save the metaphors for the next administration. I doubt Trump would understand them, counselor.

Top Bottom