• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Good call. Ever since they started coming with built in batteries, can you ever turn them off? (Or fully disable wifi).
    Supposedly you can, mine even has a warning screen when you go to turn on that option. It also pings for location for maps and such if you have that option turned on, with the WiFi off.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My local Kroger has gotten bad about this. One even told me it was the law.

I'm assuming ththis wasn't in IN. They are not allowed to require loyalty cards for sale price on alcohol, nor can they give points or other perks on them.
    This happened long ago. I am not sure if the sale price was with card or since she was shopping the card was used with the purchase. Either way it was cheap whiskey compared to about any other store and was his go to hooch.

Wife still smokes cigarettes and the flying j won ‘t sell without card scan. So they not longer get gas sales either and speedway does not even ask to see anything.

Kroger does get a bit of money when stocking up on stuff. We have an old phone number we use to get the discounts. It is an address not ours and email and phone numbers that are not ours.

I like some of there Kroger brand sauces and blends. There sales can be good but again require the card or phone number to get them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    No, they don't want Kroger to know what they're buying. Pretty sure they don't want Kroger to think they were buying what some other person in line was buying either. :shady:
    meanwhile, I have them bring the groceries out to me and put them in the trunk.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now "All Hilton Properties" are getting in on the act. (not really. She's bluffing, intentional or not)

Checked in to a Hampton in Akron a bit ago. Lovely young lady behind the counter said she needed to take a picture of my license because their scanner is broken. Uh. No thank you. Cliffs notes:
    All Hilton properties are doing it now (false) its for your protection (false), in case there is trouble police ask if we have a scan of the license.

Uh, excuse me? MY protection? Do you often have trouble here? Is this a bad neighborhood? (doesnt appear so)

I politely refused and I was on my way. Called customer service and no, not all (duh) but some will depending on the area. But if they require that, it will be on our website under property info along with pet/parking fees, etc. (no, its not)

this scanning BS is getting out of hand.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Now "All Hilton Properties" are getting in on the act. (not really. She's bluffing, intentional or not)

Checked in to a Hampton in Akron a bit ago. Lovely young lady behind the counter said she needed to take a picture of my license because their scanner is broken. Uh. No thank you. Cliffs notes:
    All Hilton properties are doing it now (false) its for your protection (false), in case there is trouble police ask if we have a scan of the license.

Uh, excuse me? MY protection? Do you often have trouble here? Is this a bad neighborhood? (doesnt appear so)

I politely refused and I was on my way. Called customer service and no, not all (duh) but some will depending on the area. But if they require that, it will be on our website under property info along with pet/parking fees, etc. (no, its not)

this scanning BS is getting out of hand.
    Why check in? Get the app, digital check in, and use the digital key.

I say that as a Diamond Member, 39th night of this year in a Hilton property (at a Embassy Suites tonight)...

But, I do often stop by the front desk to get free snacks and one hard copy key...and I've never had to do anything ever aside from flash my license...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why check in? Get the app, digital check in, and use the digital key.

I say that as a Diamond Member, 39th night of this year in a Hilton property (at a Embassy Suites tonight)...

But, I do often stop by the front desk to get free snacks and one hard copy key...and I've never had to do anything ever aside from flash my license...
    I was diamond but slowed to gold.

I tried the digital keys/touchless check in earlier this year.

dont hate it, but not a fan. Its cumbersome and slow to unlock using the phone vs the cards.

first world problems, I know.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I was diamond but slowed to gold.

I tried the digital keys/touchless check in earlier this year.

dont hate it, but not a fan. Its cumbersome and slow to unlock using the phone vs the cards.

first world problems, I know.
    It never fails for me either. I gotta  go and head straight to my room. 95% chance the digital key won't work!

Top Bottom