• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm a little surprised at the number of posts to this thread. If this is any indication of true interest in this new offering from Kel-Tec then this sucker is looking at selling very well when it comes out.

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I can overlook the cheap-looking Kel-Tec signature waffle grip for something this flippin' cool.

Did a quick big of Googling. CCI MaxiMags claim about 320 ft-lbs of muzzle energy, while .380 is a bit under 200 and 9mm Luger is around 410. Even accounting for the .22WMR being higher on account of being rated from a rifle barrel, that's still not shabby. Wouldn't be a bad choice if you were limited to a handgun when entering multiple-zombie territory....

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I'm a little surprised at the number of posts to this thread. If this is any indication of true interest in this new offering from Kel-Tec then this sucker is looking at selling very well when it comes out.

Oh she's gonna sell. I bet Kel-tec sells way more of these than FN and the FN57s.

Innovative, Kel-tec (reputable company), fairly low cost ammo that's available, high capacity, probably fun as hell to shoot and probably a street price under $400.

Oh yeah, it's gonna sell and I'll be one of the buyers :)

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    WOW!
    I've been hunting all week and missed out on this thread.
    I am a Kel Tec fan.
    This is cool. :rockwoot:
    I agree with some previous posters that a 22lr would just be the ultimate, but that doesn't take away from this at all.

I also want to say how refreshing it is to see the 5.7 hoopla winding down. I have never really understood what the attraction was. If a handgun costs around a thousand dollars it needs to be better than a 22 magnum. IMHO.
    I remember when the 5.7's were selling for more(like 1200 to 1500) when they first showed up on the market.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I love rimfire guns. This will probably will be one of my next buys. The only thing that may hold me back is the "look" it has. Gotta go see one in person.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    What purpose, if any would this gun serve?

I am not talking cool, fun, plinker or such reasons for buying it. What application would the gun serve best?

Anything I really need to shoot for defensive purposes, like a feral dog or human, I am not thrilled with it in a handgun. It seems like it may be good with a scope compared to 22lr. The weight of the gun is light compared to say a Ruger MKII.

So when comparing it to a .22lr handgun for hunting it starts to add up. Someone mentioned it could make a good pack gun. I see that. Game getter and varmint popper.

Anything else?

I remember shooting .22 Remington Jet and .22 Hornet in handguns decades ago HUGE fireballs. Same goes for .221 fireball.

triton54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    NE
    I did not see anyone mention a release date, Any idea when they will be on the market?

I was considering a 5.7 but this seems like a better buy.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    What purpose, if any would this gun serve?

Provided this gun feeds reliably, I would carry it in a heartbeat. I would take it hunting, I would carry it hiking or camping, and I would leave it on my night stand. This gun packs a hair more power than a .22 rifle, with three times the capacity, in the form of a light weight handgun. Your asking what purpose it would serve? If it performs as advertised, the PMR-30 could be one of the best general purpose gun on the market.

I remember shooting .22 Remington Jet and .22 Hornet in handguns decades ago HUGE fireballs. Same goes for .221 fireball.
    Your comparing the .22 magnum to centerfire cartridges with generate more than twice the muzzle energy, and have a significantly higher case capacity. (800ft-lbs for the hornet Vs. 300 for the 22 magnum)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom