• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Interesting.

But that trigger and trigger guard look like something off a Nerf gun. (I would know :D)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm intrigued.
    I have a sub 2k, and for the money, it's great. They have my interest in the SU 16, too. Another decent priced item. Now this pistol.
    Pretty interesting catalogue from a manufacturer.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Considering that Keltec is the rebirth of Grendel (P30), I would say it is about time. And yes, I will have one.

I was going to say the same thing. Most people don't know that the KelTec guy was originally the Grendel guy.

It would be cool in .22LR as well.

Except this fires a .22, and the FN fires a 5.7.

You do realize that 5.7mm = 0.224 inches, and that the 5.7 in question is virtually identical to the .22 WMR in terms of external ballistics, don't you?

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Except this fires a .22, and the FN fires a 5.7.

Without seriously derailing the thread ... All the numbers I've seen from FN show a velocity and energy that is achieved by quite a few .22wmr loads out there. Now Hornady offers .22wmr loaded with V-Max bullets, albeit 30gr to the 5.7's 40gr.

The reason I thought this was relevant to the thread is this pistol will cost 1/2 to 1/3 of a Five-SeveN, hold 10 more rounds, and the rounds are about $15 less a box. It's pretty obvious from the styling of the pistol that this is exactly what Kel-tec was going for.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    What a seriously ugly piece of...............oh alright, I GOTTA HAVE ONE TOO!

PMR30_8297.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Even though it looks like a pellet gun, I'd like to try it. Could be a lot of fun. Hopefully it wont be too expensive.

The linked page says "Expected MSRP: $415" if it stays right around there it could be worth checking out. I need to add a .22 pistol to my collection.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I have always wondered why KelTec never came out with a .22 LR handgun. Could it be that it would take away sales from their other offerings?

That seems to have happened to Heritage Manufacturing. They used to build the Stealth semi auto 9mm, .40 cal, but they seem to be focusing only on the single action revolvers. Looks like they don't have any time to make the centerfire autos.

Last edited:

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I love KT, they are so innovative without spending a lot of money and therefore not costing a lot of money.

FNH came out with a new gun and new cartridge that are both INSANELY expensive. KT comes out with a moderately priced gun that uses existing ammo that gives comparable performance. That's the AMERICAN way!! YEAH:patriot:

To quote John Cleese, "Bloody Belgians, pseudo-French b@stards!!" :laugh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iXvhcw07do[/ame]

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom